|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A knife.
(c) A spear.
(d) A sword.
2. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
3. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(a) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(d) In the Forbidden City.
4. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) The Lightning Formation.
(b) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(c) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(d) The Tumbleweed Formation.
5. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) I die in glory for the Khan.
(b) Eternal Blue Sky.
(c) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
(d) Glory to the Great Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
2. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
3. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
4. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
5. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
2. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
3. Describe the steppe.
4. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
5. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
6. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
7. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
8. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
9. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
10. Who was Guchlug?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)