|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Jurched.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Sung.
(d) The Tangut.
2. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
3. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They dipped it in alcohol.
(b) They ate it raw.
(c) They put it under their saddles.
(d) They did not eat meat, only grains.
4. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(b) The cavalry.
(d) Axe Throwers.
5. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
(a) Rain Stick.
(b) Walking Stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Borte's first son born?
2. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
3. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
4. When was Genghis Khan born?
5. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
2. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
3. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
4. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
5. What happened in the winter of 1226 - 1227 when Genghis Khan stopped on his way across the Gobi to hunt wild horses?
6. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
7. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
8. What happened as soon as the Mongols withdrew from the newly conquered Jurched territory?
9. What are the Five Snouts?
10. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)