|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
(d) Temuge Otchigen.
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Earth and sky.
(d) Right and wrong.
3. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
(b) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(c) With Ong Khan.
(d) The steppe.
4. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
5. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(b) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(c) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(d) He recieved no formal education.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
2. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
3. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
5. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
2. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
3. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
4. What happened to the Mongol forces after they severely harmed the samurai warriors?
5. What do "generous scholars" attribute to Khubilai's frequent delays during the war with the Sung?
6. How did the people of the city-states of Russia interpret the victory of the Mongols?
7. Describe the steppe.
8. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
9. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
10. What happened to the slaves sold to the Italians by the Mongols? Where did they come from and what would they do in a short twenty years?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)