|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) The Lightning Formation.
(d) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
2. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
3. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(b) The Pope.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
4. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(b) The Kereyid.
(c) The Naiman.
(d) The Tatars.
5. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
2. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
3. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
4. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
5. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the winter of 1226 - 1227 when Genghis Khan stopped on his way across the Gobi to hunt wild horses?
2. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
3. What are the Five Snouts?
4. Who was Guchlug?
5. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
6. What did Jamuka offer Temujin in death?
7. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
8. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
9. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
10. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)