|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Ahmad Fanakati.
(b) Yelu Chucai.
(c) Mahmud Yalavach.
(d) Arghun Aqa.
2. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
3. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
4. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
(a) Their military prowess.
(b) Their advanced technology.
(c) Their control over goods from China.
(d) Their superior politicians.
5. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(c) Genghis Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a deel?
2. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
3. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
4. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
5. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
Short Essay Questions
1. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
2. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
3. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
4. Describe the steppe.
5. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
6. Who was Guchlug?
7. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
8. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
9. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
10. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)