|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They dipped it in alcohol.
(b) They did not eat meat, only grains.
(c) They ate it raw.
(d) They put it under their saddles.
2. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
3. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Bodonchar the Fool.
(b) Onon the Lame.
(c) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(d) Anda the Wise.
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled camel.
(b) Roots and bugs.
(c) Boiled horseflesh.
5. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(a) Genghis Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
2. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
3. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
4. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
2. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
3. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
4. What happened as soon as the Mongols withdrew from the newly conquered Jurched territory?
5. Describe the steppe.
6. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
7. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
8. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
9. What are the Five Snouts?
10. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)