|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is just getting undressed.
(b) He is challenging the Gods.
(c) It removes his identity and strength.
(d) He is deflecting from society.
2. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(b) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(c) Putting children in catapults.
(d) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
3. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(a) Axe Throwers.
(c) The cavalry.
4. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional games of the Mongols.
5. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
2. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
3. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
4. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
5. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
2. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
3. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
4. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
5. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
6. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
7. Who was Guchlug?
8. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
9. What is "The Secret History of the Mongols," and where was it finally found?
10. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)