|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
2. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(c) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(d) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
3. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
(a) Make an alliance with Jamuka, but remain in the mountains.
(b) Immediately overthrew Jamuka.
(c) Took one of Jamuka's wives as his own.
(d) Merge his family with Jamuka.
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(b) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(c) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(d) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
5. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
(a) The Bulgarians.
(b) Jalal al-Din.
(c) The sultan of Delhi.
(d) The Persians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
2. What year did Genghis Khan die?
3. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
4. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
5. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Secret History of the Mongols," and where was it finally found?
2. What are the Five Snouts?
3. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
4. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
5. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
6. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
7. Describe the steppe.
8. What did Jamuka offer Temujin in death?
9. What happened in the winter of 1226 - 1227 when Genghis Khan stopped on his way across the Gobi to hunt wild horses?
10. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)