|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled horseflesh.
(b) Roots and bugs.
(d) Boiled camel.
2. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(b) In the Forbidden City.
(d) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
3. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The people of India.
(c) The Korean people.
4. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) Three months.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
5. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(a) Orally and in rhyme.
(b) Written and in rhyme.
(c) Orders were written.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
2. When did Borte die?
3. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
4. Who was Temujin descended from?
5. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
2. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
3. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
4. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
5. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
6. What happened in the winter of 1226 - 1227 when Genghis Khan stopped on his way across the Gobi to hunt wild horses?
7. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
8. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
9. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
10. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)