|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Chinggis Khan.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) Ong Khan.
2. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Fighting with her new husband.
(b) In the Merkid camp.
(c) Waiting for Temujin.
(d) On a cart, sent away from battle.
3. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(c) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(d) Putting children in catapults.
4. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
5. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
3. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
4. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
5. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on February 14, 1349?
2. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
3. For most of the twentieth century, who maintained Mongolia?
4. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
5. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
6. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
7. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
8. What a blitzkrieg?
9. What happened to Arik Boke that caused the end of his life?
10. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)