|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(c) The old woman of the tribe.
2. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(d) The Lightning Formation.
3. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
(a) Rain Stick.
(b) Walking Stick.
4. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) The wind.
(b) His Spirit Banner.
(c) The sun.
(d) The sky.
5. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Bodonchar the Fool.
(b) Anda the Wise.
(c) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(d) Onon the Lame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
2. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
3. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
4. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
5. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the winter of 1226 - 1227 when Genghis Khan stopped on his way across the Gobi to hunt wild horses?
2. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
3. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
4. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
5. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
6. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
7. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
8. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
9. Describe the steppe.
10. What are the Five Snouts?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)