|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
(a) A lasso.
(b) A tent.
(d) A seing kit.
3. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(b) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(d) In the Forbidden City.
4. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Onon the Lame.
(b) Bodonchar the Fool.
(c) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(d) Anda the Wise.
5. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
2. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
3. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
4. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
5. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
2. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
3. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
4. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
5. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
6. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
7. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
8. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
9. What happened as soon as the Mongols withdrew from the newly conquered Jurched territory?
10. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)