|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(b) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(c) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(d) A traditional Mongolian council.
2. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 100,00 yards of silk.
(b) 100,000 sheets of paper.
(c) 1,000 yards of silk.
(d) 1,000 sheets of paper.
3. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
4. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(a) Genghis Khan.
5. When was Borte's first son born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
2. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
3. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
4. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
5. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
2. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
3. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
4. How did Matthew Paris link the Mongols to the Jewish people?
5. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
6. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
7. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
8. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
9. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
10. What geographically hindered the Mongols from full victory in Europe?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)