|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(b) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(c) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
(d) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
2. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(a) The cavalry.
(c) Axe Throwers.
3. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Arghun Aqa.
(b) Yelu Chucai.
(c) Mahmud Yalavach.
(d) Ahmad Fanakati.
5. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
2. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
3. What is a deel?
4. Who was Mutugen?
5. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
2. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
3. What are the Five Snouts?
4. How did the people of Kashgar feel about the Mongols?
5. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
6. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
7. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
8. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
9. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
10. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)