|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
2. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(b) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(c) A traditional Mongolian council.
(d) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
3. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
(b) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(c) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(d) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Roots and bugs.
(b) Boiled horseflesh.
(c) Boiled camel.
5. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(c) Genghis Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Temujin descended from?
2. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
3. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
4. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
5. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
2. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
3. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
4. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
5. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
6. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
7. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
8. What was in the caravan Genghis Khan sent to the sultan of Khwarizm?
9. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
10. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)