|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Genghis Khan die?
2. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
3. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
(a) They had a meeting and discussed the next day.
(b) They prayed to Genghis Khan.
(c) They put out the night's fires and rode on.
(d) A quick reconissance of the left, right, back, and front.
4. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(b) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(d) Jamuka was successful.
5. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(b) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(c) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(d) He rode his horse to the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
3. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
5. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
2. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
3. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
4. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
5. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
6. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
7. What did Jamuka offer Temujin in death?
8. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
9. What is "The Secret History of the Mongols," and where was it finally found?
10. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)