|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(b) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(c) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(d) A traditional Mongolian council.
2. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(c) He rode his horse to the throne.
(d) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
3. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
4. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the center.
(c) To the right.
(d) To the left.
5. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(c) Axe Throwers.
(d) The cavalry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
2. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
3. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
4. What religion did the Mongols practice?
5. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
2. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
3. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
4. What did Jamuka offer Temujin in death?
5. What are the Five Snouts?
6. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
7. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
8. What happened as soon as the Mongols withdrew from the newly conquered Jurched territory?
9. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
10. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)