|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(c) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(d) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
2. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
3. What year did Genghis Khan die?
4. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
(a) He diverted the river, but flooded his own camp instead.
(b) He diverted the river and captured the Tangut.
(c) He diverted the river but it flooded empty land.
(d) He was not able to divert the river at all.
5. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(b) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(c) 1 million yards.
(d) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
2. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
3. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
4. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
5. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
2. Who dressed Genghis Khan after he passed, and how was his funeral handled?
3. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
4. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
5. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
6. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
7. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
8. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
9. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
10. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)