|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(b) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(c) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(d) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
2. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Gobi desert.
(b) The Nile river.
(c) The Hymalian mountains.
(d) The Caspian Sea.
3. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(b) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(c) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(d) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
4. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(b) The old woman of the tribe.
5. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(c) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
(d) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Genghis Khan die?
2. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
4. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
5. When did Borte die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
2. What did Jamuka offer Temujin in death?
3. What made Temujin turn to Mount Burkhan Khaldun in prayer?
4. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
5. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
6. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
7. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
8. Who was Guchlug?
9. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
10. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)