|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(d) Spirit banners.
3. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Yelu Chucai.
(b) Arghun Aqa.
(c) Ahmad Fanakati.
(d) Mahmud Yalavach.
5. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) The Lightning Formation.
(b) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(c) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(d) The Tumbleweed Formation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
3. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
4. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
5. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the steppe.
2. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
3. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
4. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
5. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
6. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
7. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
8. What are the Five Snouts?
9. Who was Botohui-tarhun?
10. What did Jamuka offer Temujin in death?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)