|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
2. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) His Spirit Banner.
(b) The sun.
(c) The sky.
(d) The wind.
3. What is a deel?
(a) The flints a soldier carries for fire.
(b) The saddle a Mongol rides upon.
(c) The canteens a soldier carries for water.
(d) The traditional Mongol robe.
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Yelu Chucai.
(b) Ahmad Fanakati.
(c) Mahmud Yalavach.
(d) Arghun Aqa.
5. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A knife.
(b) A spear.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
2. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
3. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
4. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
5. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the clerics suppose the Mongols were going to ride on Cologne? What happened in 1164 that made them think that way?
2. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
3. What was in the tea Khubilai drank the morning after a long night of celebration, and what did it do?
4. What was the most distinctive thing about Genghis Khan's Great Law, particularly in contrast with western European monarchs?
5. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
6. What effect did the Mongols have on the literary arts in China?
7. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
8. What was superior about the Chinese paper over the parchment made by Europeans?
9. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
10. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)