|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
2. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 100,000 - 125,000.
(b) 150,000 - 175,000.
(c) 200,000 - 215,000.
(d) 50,000 - 75,000.
3. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
(a) He killed the envoy.
(b) He turned to the south and spat on the ground.
(c) He maimed the envoy.
(d) He discussed his options with the envoy.
4. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(b) A traditional Mongolian council.
(c) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(d) A traditional Mongolian dress.
5. What is a deel?
(a) The traditional Mongol robe.
(b) The canteens a soldier carries for water.
(c) The flints a soldier carries for fire.
(d) The saddle a Mongol rides upon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
2. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
3. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
4. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
5. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Great Law of Genghis Khan?
2. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
3. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
4. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
5. Who was Guchlug?
6. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
7. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
8. Genghis Khan opened his succession khuriltai by citing a fable. Summarize the fable Genghis Khan told.
9. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
10. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)