|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) The old woman of the family.
(b) Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) Genghis Khan.
2. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(d) People without occupation.
3. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) To the right.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the center.
(d) To the left.
4. When was Genghis Khan born?
5. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
(b) I die in glory for the Khan.
(c) Glory to the Great Khan.
(d) Eternal Blue Sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
2. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
3. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
4. What is a khuriltai?
5. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
2. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
3. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
4. Describe the steppe.
5. What is "The Secret History of the Mongols," and where was it finally found?
6. Who was Guchlug?
7. Differentiate between Genghis Khan's white banner and black banner. What did each represent, and what happened to each?
8. What conditions did the research team endure during their research of Genghis Khan?
9. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
10. What are the Five Snouts?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)