|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
(a) Walking Stick.
(c) Rain Stick.
2. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
3. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) With Ong Khan.
(b) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(c) The steppe.
(d) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
4. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(b) A village to remain at peace.
(c) A warrior to fight every battle.
(d) A village to defend themselves.
5. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(b) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(c) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(d) Putting children in catapults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did the Mongols practice?
2. Who was Mutugen?
3. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
4. When was Borte's first son born?
5. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
2. How did Genghis Khan's men prepare for the great hunting celebration during the winter of 1222 - 1223? How did they gather the animals together?
3. Describe the Ikh Khorig.
4. What was the result of Temujin's raid with Ong Khan against the Tartars?
5. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
6. How did the governor of Khwarizm receive Genghis Khan's caravan? How did the sultan of Khwarizm respond?
7. What was troublesome about Borte's first pregnancy?
8. How did Jack Weatherford begin his research?
9. What was the Baljuna Covenant?
10. How did Genghis Khan quickly depopulate an area, and for what strategic purpose?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)