Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
2. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(b) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(c) He recieved no formal education.
(d) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
3. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(b) Putting children in catapults.
(c) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
4. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
5. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) The steppe.
(b) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(d) With Ong Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
2. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
3. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
4. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
5. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Nicolaus of Cusa?
2. Where did the research team of Jack Weatherford finish their search? What is symbolic about it?
3. What revenge tactic did Jmauka employ that severely harmed his image after one of Tejumin's followers murdered one of Jamuka's kinsmen?
4. In a letter from Genghis Khan to a Taoist monk in China, what was Genghis Khan's opinion of himself near the end of his life show?
5. How did Ong Khan respond to Temujin's first khuriltai?
6. After the Mongols destroyed the Hungarian army, they were able to probe Vienna. Though scared, some Hapsburg troops captured a Mongol officer. What was strange about him?
7. Why did the Mongols face from 1250 - 1270?
8. What was Genghis Khan's stance on adultery?
9. What was special about the mare's milk for Khubilai and his court?
10. What is group responsibility and group guilt?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)