|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
(c) Friar Carpini.
2. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
3. Where did Hulegu rule during Khubilai's reign?
(a) Modern-day Nepal.
(d) Modern-day Kyrgystan.
4. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
5. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
6. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
7. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
(b) The rack.
(d) Possible execution.
8. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
9. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
10. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Traveled with the men.
(b) Kept the home.
(c) Drank with Ogodei.
(d) Managed the empire.
11. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Arik Boke.
(b) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
(c) Khubilai Khan.
(d) The Great Khan.
12. When did the Ottomans conquer Constantinople?
13. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
(a) Merchants were elevated to the rank just below religious officials.
(b) They elevated merchants second to only government officials.
(c) Merchants were no better than prostitutes, the Mongols kept it that way.
(d) Merchants were downgraded to criminals.
14. In an effort to improve the lives of farmers and their crops, Khubilai created what office in 1261?
(a) The Office for the Advancement of Farming.
(b) The Council for the Fertilization of Peat.
(c) The Office for the Stimulation of Agriculture.
(d) The Soil and Seed Foundation.
15. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
2. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
3. How did Guyuk die?
4. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
5. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)