|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was life in Xanadu, during 1332?
(a) Introspective and intellectual.
(b) Alarming and painful.
(c) Quiet and tranquil.
(d) Boisterous and energetic.
2. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
3. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
4. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
5. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Turkic tribes.
(b) Persian monks.
(c) Chineese warriors.
(d) Indian shaman.
6. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
7. Who was the envoy appointed to meet King Edward the I of England?
(a) Mar Denha I.
(b) Rabban Markos.
(c) Rabban Bar Sawma
(d) Isa Kelemechi.
8. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Silver bars.
(b) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(c) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
(d) Gold bullion.
9. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A library to promote literacy.
(b) A courthouse to uphold Chinese law.
(c) An ancestral temple for his family.
(d) A public hospital for the Chinese.
10. When did the Ottomans conquer Constantinople?
11. The best we know, where did Black Death originate?
(a) South of China.
12. What did the reliance on imported goods reflect in feudal Europe?
(a) Total normalcy.
(b) Exotic tastes.
(c) A failure at home.
(d) Early shopoholoicism.
13. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
(a) Emir Timur.
(b) Enkhe Khan.
(c) Khan Züdei.
(d) Sayyid Barakah.
14. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
15. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
2. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
3. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
4. What year is the earliest reported Mongol presence in the French court?
5. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)