Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Ottomans conquer Constantinople?
2. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
3. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
4. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
5. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
(a) The ruler of Persia.
(b) The widow of Tolui and ruler of northern China and eastern Mongolia.
(c) The widow of Chaghatai and ruler of Asia and Turkestan.
(d) The ruler of Mongolia.
6. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
(a) Grand Prince Yaroslav II.
(b) His Highness Alexander Navsky.
(c) The Livonian Brothers.
(d) Prince Yaroslav Vsevolodovich.
7. Of all the cultures the Mongols worked with, who had the most advanced pharmacology?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Persians.
(c) The Europeans.
(d) The Chinese.
8. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
9. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
10. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's biggest rival.
(b) Ogodei's favorite son.
(c) Ogodei's biggest critic.
(d) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
11. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
(c) The rack.
(d) Possible execution.
12. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
13. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Kept the home.
(b) Traveled with the men.
(c) Drank with Ogodei.
(d) Managed the empire.
14. Where did Hulegu rule during Khubilai's reign?
(a) Modern-day Nepal.
(c) Modern-day Kyrgystan.
15. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
(a) Gyalwa Karmapa.
(c) Rinchen Zangpo.
(d) Lama Phagspa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Ogodei installed?
2. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
3. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
4. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
5. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)