|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
2. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
(a) By horse.
(b) By water.
(c) By air.
(d) By caravan.
3. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) An ancestral temple for his family.
(b) A library to promote literacy.
(c) A courthouse to uphold Chinese law.
(d) A public hospital for the Chinese.
4. What is khubi?
(a) A rectangular block, used for coloring.
(b) A share in the goods siezed from war.
(c) A minature form of Khubilai.
(d) A small, cozy nook.
5. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
(a) 7,000 miles.
(b) 14,000 kilometers
(c) 9,000 kilometers.
(d) 4,000 miles.
6. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) Possible execution.
(b) The rack.
(d) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
7. How many priests did Khubilai request the Marco brothers send to the Mongol courts?
8. The Ming briefly moved the capital city of China to what place?
9. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
10. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
(a) Pope Pius III.
(b) Pope Clement III.
(c) Pope Clement VI.
(d) Pope Pius VII.
11. What was Karakorum?
(a) The wine ritual used to innagurate Ogodei.
(b) The traditional garb worn by Ogodei to show his station.
(c) The celebration named for Ogodei's succession.
(d) The capital city established by Ogodei.
12. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
13. When did Sokhokhtani die?
(a) January 1253.
(b) March 1250.
(c) February 1252.
(d) October 1251.
14. Who wrote Decameron?
(a) Leon Battista Alberti.
(b) Cardinal Basilios Bessarion.
(c) Poggio Bracciolini.
(d) Giovanni Boccaccio.
15. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Eighteen months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
2. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
3. When did the Ottomans conquer Constantinople?
4. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
5. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)