|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kerchagan?
(a) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(b) Ogodei's store of wine.
(c) The name of Ogodei's horse.
(d) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
2. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
(a) Marco Polo.
(b) The Sung.
(c) The Native Americans.
(d) The Mongols.
3. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Arik Boke.
(b) The Great Khan.
(c) Khubilai Khan.
(d) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
4. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
5. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
6. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
7. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
8. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
(a) Properly fund public hospitals.
(b) Increasing the literacy rate of his people.
(c) Standardize a health code.
(d) Squandering the majority of his father's wealth.
9. When did Sokhokhtani die?
(a) October 1251.
(b) March 1250.
(c) January 1253.
(d) February 1252.
10. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) More than 3,500.
(b) Less than 2,500.
(c) Less than 1,500.
(d) More than 3,000.
11. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
(a) It was destroyed in 1357.
(b) It is now known as Shanghai
(c) It is now known as Beijing.
(d) It is now known as Seoul.
12. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Ogodei created a system of credit.
(b) Mongols created a system of paper money.
(c) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
(d) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
13. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
14. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A library to promote literacy.
(b) An ancestral temple for his family.
(c) A courthouse to uphold Chinese law.
(d) A public hospital for the Chinese.
15. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
2. Where did the Mongols discover the triangular plow?
3. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
4. Western scholars have designated the fourteenth century as what?
5. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)