|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
(c) They stayed exactly the same.
(d) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
2. When did Sokhokhtani die?
(a) March 1250.
(b) February 1252.
(c) January 1253.
(d) October 1251.
3. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
(a) 210,000 tons.
(b) 100,000 tons.
(c) 327,000 tons.
(d) 150,000 tons.
4. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
(b) Ogodei created a system of credit.
(c) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
(d) Mongols created a system of paper money.
5. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
(a) By water.
(b) By caravan.
(c) By air.
(d) By horse.
6. Throughout the Renaissance the Mongols were generally treated with adulation. However, what time period opened up a distinct anti-Asian sentiment?
(a) The Middle Ages.
(b) The Enlightenment.
(c) The Mideival Ages.
(d) The Dark Ages.
7. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
(a) 4,000 miles.
(b) 9,000 kilometers.
(c) 7,000 miles.
(d) 14,000 kilometers
8. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
(a) A message of war.
(b) Submission from the Pope.
(c) Information on Christianity and Jesus.
(d) Goods from Europe.
9. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
(c) Lake Issykul.
(d) The steppe.
10. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
11. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
(b) They went on parole.
(c) They were banished.
(d) More torture.
12. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
13. What percentage of the people living in the Hopei Province died in 1331?
14. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) 106 days.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
15. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
(a) The Bursting Star strategy.
(b) The Flaming Rain strategy.
(c) The Dog Fight strategy.
(d) The Arrow Waterfall strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
2. What year is the earliest reported Mongol presence in the French court?
3. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
4. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
5. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)