|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
(b) She was torured.
(c) She was banished and starved to death.
(d) It is unclear.
2. When did Sokhokhtani die?
(a) February 1252.
(b) October 1251.
(c) March 1250.
(d) January 1253.
3. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
4. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
(a) Properly fund public hospitals.
(b) Squandering the majority of his father's wealth.
(c) Increasing the literacy rate of his people.
(d) Standardize a health code.
5. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
(a) Prince Yaroslav Vsevolodovich.
(b) His Highness Alexander Navsky.
(c) The Livonian Brothers.
(d) Grand Prince Yaroslav II.
6. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
7. Who wrote Decameron?
(a) Poggio Bracciolini.
(b) Leon Battista Alberti.
(c) Giovanni Boccaccio.
(d) Cardinal Basilios Bessarion.
8. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Silver bars.
(b) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
(c) Gold bullion.
(d) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
9. Where did the Mongols discover the triangular plow?
(d) Southeast Asia.
10. What is airak?
(a) Mongolian perperation for cooking sheep.
(b) The celebration dance performned by Sorkhokhtani.
(c) Fermented mare's milk.
(d) The special relationship between two Khan sons.
11. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
12. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Persian monks.
(b) Turkic tribes.
(c) Chineese warriors.
(d) Indian shaman.
13. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
(a) A catapult throw.
(b) A horse's gallop.
(c) A man's step.
(d) A bowshot.
14. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
15. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
2. When did the Ottomans conquer Constantinople?
3. What year did Ogodei die?
4. Who was Shiremun?
5. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)