|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
2. The best we know, where did Black Death originate?
(a) South of China.
3. What is khubi?
(a) A share in the goods siezed from war.
(b) A small, cozy nook.
(c) A rectangular block, used for coloring.
(d) A minature form of Khubilai.
4. The Ming briefly moved the capital city of China to what place?
5. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
6. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
7. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
(a) Pope Clement III.
(b) Pope Pius III.
(c) Pope Clement VI.
(d) Pope Pius VII.
8. When did Sokhokhtani die?
(a) March 1250.
(b) October 1251.
(c) February 1252.
(d) January 1253.
9. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
(b) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(c) Gold bullion.
(d) Silver bars.
10. What year was Ogodei installed?
11. What percentage of the people living in the Hopei Province died in 1331?
12. Where did Hulegu rule during Khubilai's reign?
(b) Modern-day Nepal.
(c) Modern-day Kyrgystan.
13. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) A year.
(b) Two years.
(c) 106 days.
(d) Six months.
14. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
(a) Sayyid Barakah.
(b) Enkhe Khan.
(c) Emir Timur.
(d) Khan Züdei.
15. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Mongols discover the triangular plow?
2. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
3. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
4. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
5. Who were the Kipchak?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)