|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Decameron?
(a) Poggio Bracciolini.
(b) Cardinal Basilios Bessarion.
(c) Leon Battista Alberti.
(d) Giovanni Boccaccio.
2. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
3. How many priests did Khubilai request the Marco brothers send to the Mongol courts?
4. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
(a) A message of war.
(b) Goods from Europe.
(c) Information on Christianity and Jesus.
(d) Submission from the Pope.
5. What was Karakorum?
(a) The wine ritual used to innagurate Ogodei.
(b) The capital city established by Ogodei.
(c) The celebration named for Ogodei's succession.
(d) The traditional garb worn by Ogodei to show his station.
6. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) More than 3,500.
(b) Less than 2,500.
(c) Less than 1,500.
(d) More than 3,000.
7. Of all the cultures the Mongols worked with, who had the most advanced pharmacology?
(a) The Chinese.
(b) The Europeans.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Persians.
8. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
(d) Friar Carpini.
9. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
(a) The Bursting Star strategy.
(b) The Dog Fight strategy.
(c) The Flaming Rain strategy.
(d) The Arrow Waterfall strategy.
10. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Chineese warriors.
(b) Indian shaman.
(c) Turkic tribes.
(d) Persian monks.
11. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Ogodei created a system of credit.
(b) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
(c) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
(d) Mongols created a system of paper money.
12. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
13. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(b) The rack.
(c) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
(d) Possible execution.
14. Who was the envoy appointed to meet King Edward the I of England?
(a) Isa Kelemechi.
(b) Mar Denha I.
(c) Rabban Bar Sawma
(d) Rabban Markos.
15. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
(a) By horse.
(b) By caravan.
(c) By water.
(d) By air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
2. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
3. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
4. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
5. What is a paiza?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)