|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
(a) A catapult throw.
(b) A horse's gallop.
(c) A bowshot.
(d) A man's step.
2. How did Guyuk die?
(a) He was killed by Sorkhokhtani.
(b) He was killed by a warring tribe.
(c) He was killed by his own torture methods.
(d) Nobody knows.
3. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
4. What was life in Xanadu, during 1332?
(a) Quiet and tranquil.
(b) Alarming and painful.
(c) Boisterous and energetic.
(d) Introspective and intellectual.
5. In an effort to improve the lives of farmers and their crops, Khubilai created what office in 1261?
(a) The Council for the Fertilization of Peat.
(b) The Soil and Seed Foundation.
(c) The Office for the Stimulation of Agriculture.
(d) The Office for the Advancement of Farming.
6. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
(a) Merchants were elevated to the rank just below religious officials.
(b) Merchants were downgraded to criminals.
(c) They elevated merchants second to only government officials.
(d) Merchants were no better than prostitutes, the Mongols kept it that way.
7. What year is the earliest reported Mongol presence in the French court?
8. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
9. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
10. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Drank with Ogodei.
(b) Traveled with the men.
(c) Managed the empire.
(d) Kept the home.
11. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
(a) By caravan.
(b) By air.
(c) By horse.
(d) By water.
12. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Turkic tribes.
(b) Chineese warriors.
(c) Indian shaman.
(d) Persian monks.
13. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
14. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's favorite son.
(b) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
(c) Ogodei's biggest rival.
(d) Ogodei's biggest critic.
15. Throughout the Renaissance the Mongols were generally treated with adulation. However, what time period opened up a distinct anti-Asian sentiment?
(a) The Enlightenment.
(b) The Middle Ages.
(c) The Mideival Ages.
(d) The Dark Ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a she?
2. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
3. Where did Hulegu rule during Khubilai's reign?
4. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
5. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)