|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
(a) The ruler of Mongolia.
(b) The ruler of Persia.
(c) The widow of Tolui and ruler of northern China and eastern Mongolia.
(d) The widow of Chaghatai and ruler of Asia and Turkestan.
2. What did the reliance on imported goods reflect in feudal Europe?
(a) Exotic tastes.
(b) Early shopoholoicism.
(c) Total normalcy.
(d) A failure at home.
3. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
(a) By water.
(b) By air.
(c) By caravan.
(d) By horse.
4. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
5. Where did the Mongols discover the triangular plow?
(b) Southeast Asia.
6. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
7. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
8. What was Karakorum?
(a) The celebration named for Ogodei's succession.
(b) The wine ritual used to innagurate Ogodei.
(c) The traditional garb worn by Ogodei to show his station.
(d) The capital city established by Ogodei.
9. What was Kerchagan?
(a) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
(b) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(c) Ogodei's store of wine.
(d) The name of Ogodei's horse.
10. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
11. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
12. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Chineese warriors.
(b) Persian monks.
(c) Indian shaman.
(d) Turkic tribes.
13. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) More than 3,500.
(b) Less than 1,500.
(c) More than 3,000.
(d) Less than 2,500.
14. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) They were banished.
(b) More torture.
(c) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
(d) They went on parole.
15. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. The best we know, where did Black Death originate?
2. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
3. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
4. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
5. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)