|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
2. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) A year.
(b) Two years.
(c) 106 days.
(d) Six months.
3. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
4. In an effort to improve the lives of farmers and their crops, Khubilai created what office in 1261?
(a) The Office for the Stimulation of Agriculture.
(b) The Office for the Advancement of Farming.
(c) The Soil and Seed Foundation.
(d) The Council for the Fertilization of Peat.
5. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
6. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
7. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
8. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
(a) One year.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
9. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
(a) Marco Polo.
(b) The Native Americans.
(c) The Sung.
(d) The Mongols.
10. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
(c) Miran Shah.
11. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
12. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
(b) Ogodei created a system of credit.
(c) Mongols created a system of paper money.
(d) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
13. What year did Ogodei die?
14. What was life in Xanadu, during 1332?
(a) Introspective and intellectual.
(b) Quiet and tranquil.
(c) Alarming and painful.
(d) Boisterous and energetic.
15. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
2. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
3. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
4. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
5. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)