|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was torured.
(b) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) She was banished and starved to death.
2. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's favorite son.
(b) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
(c) Ogodei's biggest critic.
(d) Ogodei's biggest rival.
3. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
(a) Sayyid Barakah.
(b) Khan Züdei.
(c) Enkhe Khan.
(d) Emir Timur.
4. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
5. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) More than 3,000.
(b) Less than 1,500.
(c) More than 3,500.
(d) Less than 2,500.
6. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
7. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
(a) Friar Carpini.
8. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
9. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
(a) His Highness Alexander Navsky.
(b) Prince Yaroslav Vsevolodovich.
(c) Grand Prince Yaroslav II.
(d) The Livonian Brothers.
10. What did the reliance on imported goods reflect in feudal Europe?
(a) Total normalcy.
(b) Early shopoholoicism.
(c) A failure at home.
(d) Exotic tastes.
11. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A courthouse to uphold Chinese law.
(b) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(c) A library to promote literacy.
(d) An ancestral temple for his family.
12. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
13. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
(a) 100,000 tons.
(b) 150,000 tons.
(c) 210,000 tons.
(d) 327,000 tons.
14. How did Guyuk die?
(a) He was killed by his own torture methods.
(b) He was killed by a warring tribe.
(c) Nobody knows.
(d) He was killed by Sorkhokhtani.
15. The Ming briefly moved the capital city of China to what place?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
2. Where did the Mongols discover the triangular plow?
3. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
4. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
5. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)