|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
2. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
3. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
4. What percentage of the people living in the Hopei Province died in 1331?
5. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
6. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Arik Boke.
(b) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
(c) The Great Khan.
(d) Khubilai Khan.
7. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
(a) The Indus River.
(b) The Euphrates River.
(c) The Aras River.
(d) The Yellow River.
8. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
9. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
(a) The Livonian Brothers.
(b) Prince Yaroslav Vsevolodovich.
(c) Grand Prince Yaroslav II.
(d) His Highness Alexander Navsky.
10. What did the reliance on imported goods reflect in feudal Europe?
(a) Exotic tastes.
(b) Early shopoholoicism.
(c) A failure at home.
(d) Total normalcy.
11. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(b) Oghul Ghaimish.
(c) Batu Khan.
12. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
(a) The Generous Family.
(b) The Great Family.
(c) The Giant Family.
(d) The Golden Family.
13. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
(a) Pope Clement III.
(b) Pope Clement VI.
(c) Pope Pius VII.
(d) Pope Pius III.
14. What is a she?
(a) A group of 100 nobility.
(b) A group of about 200,000 peasants.
(c) A group of about 50,000 peasants.
(d) A group of 1,000 nobility.
15. Who wrote Decameron?
(a) Poggio Bracciolini.
(b) Leon Battista Alberti.
(c) Giovanni Boccaccio.
(d) Cardinal Basilios Bessarion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
2. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
3. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
4. When did the Ottomans conquer Constantinople?
5. How did Guyuk die?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)