|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
2. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
3. What year was Ogodei installed?
4. What was Kerchagan?
(a) Ogodei's store of wine.
(b) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(c) The name of Ogodei's horse.
(d) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
5. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
6. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
(c) The rack.
(d) Possible execution.
7. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
8. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
9. What is a paiza?
(a) An article of clothing incorporated from the Chinese culture.
(b) A tablet worn on a chain that identified the level of a traveler.
(c) A brand of drink popular with Khubilai.
(d) The type of saddle merchants used for their mounts.
10. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
11. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
(a) The widow of Chaghatai and ruler of Asia and Turkestan.
(b) The ruler of Mongolia.
(c) The ruler of Persia.
(d) The widow of Tolui and ruler of northern China and eastern Mongolia.
12. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
13. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) An ancestral temple for his family.
(b) A library to promote literacy.
(c) A courthouse to uphold Chinese law.
(d) A public hospital for the Chinese.
14. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was banished and starved to death.
(b) She was torured.
(c) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
(d) It is unclear.
15. What was life in Xanadu, during 1332?
(a) Introspective and intellectual.
(b) Alarming and painful.
(c) Boisterous and energetic.
(d) Quiet and tranquil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
2. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
3. The Ming briefly moved the capital city of China to what place?
4. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
5. Where did Hulegu rule during Khubilai's reign?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)