|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
2. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
3. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
(a) The Euphrates River.
(b) The Indus River.
(c) The Aras River.
(d) The Yellow River.
4. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
5. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
6. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
(a) The Golden Family.
(b) The Generous Family.
(c) The Giant Family.
(d) The Great Family.
7. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
8. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
(a) A man's step.
(b) A horse's gallop.
(c) A bowshot.
(d) A catapult throw.
9. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
10. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) Less than 1,500.
(b) More than 3,500.
(c) More than 3,000.
(d) Less than 2,500.
11. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
(b) Mongols created a system of paper money.
(c) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
(d) Ogodei created a system of credit.
12. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
13. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
14. Throughout the Renaissance the Mongols were generally treated with adulation. However, what time period opened up a distinct anti-Asian sentiment?
(a) The Dark Ages.
(b) The Mideival Ages.
(c) The Enlightenment.
(d) The Middle Ages.
15. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
(a) Lake Issykul.
(b) The steppe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Ogodei installed?
2. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
3. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
4. What year did Ogodei die?
5. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)