|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hulegu rule during Khubilai's reign?
(c) Modern-day Kyrgystan.
(d) Modern-day Nepal.
2. What was life in Xanadu, during 1332?
(a) Quiet and tranquil.
(b) Boisterous and energetic.
(c) Introspective and intellectual.
(d) Alarming and painful.
3. When did Sokhokhtani die?
(a) March 1250.
(b) October 1251.
(c) January 1253.
(d) February 1252.
4. Who wrote Decameron?
(a) Leon Battista Alberti.
(b) Giovanni Boccaccio.
(c) Cardinal Basilios Bessarion.
(d) Poggio Bracciolini.
5. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The Native Americans.
(c) The Sung.
(d) Marco Polo.
6. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
(a) Merchants were downgraded to criminals.
(b) Merchants were no better than prostitutes, the Mongols kept it that way.
(c) They elevated merchants second to only government officials.
(d) Merchants were elevated to the rank just below religious officials.
7. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
8. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
9. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
10. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
11. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
(a) The widow of Chaghatai and ruler of Asia and Turkestan.
(b) The ruler of Persia.
(c) The widow of Tolui and ruler of northern China and eastern Mongolia.
(d) The ruler of Mongolia.
12. What year is the earliest reported Mongol presence in the French court?
13. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
(a) Khan Züdei.
(b) Emir Timur.
(c) Sayyid Barakah.
(d) Enkhe Khan.
14. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
(a) His Highness Alexander Navsky.
(b) Grand Prince Yaroslav II.
(c) Prince Yaroslav Vsevolodovich.
(d) The Livonian Brothers.
15. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
(b) Rinchen Zangpo.
(c) Gyalwa Karmapa.
(d) Lama Phagspa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many priests did Khubilai request the Marco brothers send to the Mongol courts?
2. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
3. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
4. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
5. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)