|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
(a) Miran Shah.
2. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
3. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
4. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
(b) Gold bullion.
(c) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(d) Silver bars.
5. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
(a) Merchants were downgraded to criminals.
(b) Merchants were elevated to the rank just below religious officials.
(c) Merchants were no better than prostitutes, the Mongols kept it that way.
(d) They elevated merchants second to only government officials.
6. What was Kerchagan?
(a) Ogodei's store of wine.
(b) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
(c) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(d) The name of Ogodei's horse.
7. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(a) Batu Khan.
(c) Oghul Ghaimish.
8. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
9. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(b) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
(c) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
(d) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
10. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
11. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A library to promote literacy.
(b) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(c) An ancestral temple for his family.
(d) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
12. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
(a) A giant chess-set.
(b) A series of gold and silver wine vats.
(c) A series of lakes for waterfowl.
(d) His throne.
13. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
14. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) The rack.
(b) Possible execution.
(d) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
15. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
(a) It is now known as Seoul.
(b) It is now known as Beijing.
(c) It was destroyed in 1357.
(d) It is now known as Shanghai
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Guyuk die?
2. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
3. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
4. Of all the cultures the Mongols worked with, who had the most advanced pharmacology?
5. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)