|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
2. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Chineese warriors.
(b) Persian monks.
(c) Indian shaman.
(d) Turkic tribes.
3. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
4. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's biggest rival.
(b) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
(c) Ogodei's biggest critic.
(d) Ogodei's favorite son.
5. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
(a) The Euphrates River.
(b) The Indus River.
(c) The Aras River.
(d) The Yellow River.
6. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
(a) By caravan.
(b) By horse.
(c) By water.
(d) By air.
7. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
(d) Miran Shah.
8. Who was the envoy appointed to meet King Edward the I of England?
(a) Rabban Markos.
(b) Rabban Bar Sawma
(c) Mar Denha I.
(d) Isa Kelemechi.
9. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
10. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
(b) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
(c) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(d) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
11. Throughout the Renaissance the Mongols were generally treated with adulation. However, what time period opened up a distinct anti-Asian sentiment?
(a) The Dark Ages.
(b) The Enlightenment.
(c) The Mideival Ages.
(d) The Middle Ages.
12. Who penned the first known encyclopedia of natural history, in France?
(a) Jean-Baptiste Lamarck.
(b) Andrea Cesalpino.
(c) Carolus Linnaeus.
(d) Comte de Buffon.
13. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Mongols created a system of paper money.
(b) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
(c) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
(d) Ogodei created a system of credit.
14. Who wrote Decameron?
(a) Poggio Bracciolini.
(b) Leon Battista Alberti.
(c) Cardinal Basilios Bessarion.
(d) Giovanni Boccaccio.
15. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) More than 3,500.
(b) Less than 1,500.
(c) Less than 2,500.
(d) More than 3,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
2. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
3. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
4. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
5. Who was Columbus looking for when he sailed in 1492?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)