|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
2. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) Less than 1,500.
(b) More than 3,000.
(c) Less than 2,500.
(d) More than 3,500.
3. What year was Ogodei installed?
4. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
5. What is a she?
(a) A group of 1,000 nobility.
(b) A group of about 50,000 peasants.
(c) A group of about 200,000 peasants.
(d) A group of 100 nobility.
6. What is khubi?
(a) A small, cozy nook.
(b) A rectangular block, used for coloring.
(c) A share in the goods siezed from war.
(d) A minature form of Khubilai.
7. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
(a) 4,000 miles.
(b) 9,000 kilometers.
(c) 14,000 kilometers
(d) 7,000 miles.
8. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
9. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Khubilai Khan.
(b) The Great Khan.
(c) Arik Boke.
(d) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
10. The best we know, where did Black Death originate?
(a) South of China.
11. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
(b) Ogodei's biggest critic.
(c) Ogodei's biggest rival.
(d) Ogodei's favorite son.
12. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
(a) Enkhe Khan.
(b) Sayyid Barakah.
(c) Khan Züdei.
(d) Emir Timur.
13. What is airak?
(a) Fermented mare's milk.
(b) The special relationship between two Khan sons.
(c) The celebration dance performned by Sorkhokhtani.
(d) Mongolian perperation for cooking sheep.
14. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was banished and starved to death.
(b) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
(c) She was torured.
(d) It is unclear.
15. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
(a) A man's step.
(b) A bowshot.
(c) A catapult throw.
(d) A horse's gallop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did the plague bacterium live in?
2. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
3. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
4. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
5. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)