|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The best we know, where did Black Death originate?
(b) South of China.
2. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Chineese warriors.
(b) Persian monks.
(c) Turkic tribes.
(d) Indian shaman.
3. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Traveled with the men.
(b) Kept the home.
(c) Managed the empire.
(d) Drank with Ogodei.
4. Where did the Mongols discover the triangular plow?
(c) Southeast Asia.
5. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
(a) Properly fund public hospitals.
(b) Squandering the majority of his father's wealth.
(c) Standardize a health code.
(d) Increasing the literacy rate of his people.
6. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) More than 3,500.
(b) Less than 1,500.
(c) Less than 2,500.
(d) More than 3,000.
7. As the Mongols' position in power began to crumble, mostly due to the lack of trade, what religion was favored by the Mongols?
8. How many priests did Khubilai request the Marco brothers send to the Mongol courts?
9. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
(b) Mongols created a system of paper money.
(c) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
(d) Ogodei created a system of credit.
10. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
11. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) An ancestral temple for his family.
(b) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
(c) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(d) A library to promote literacy.
12. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
13. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
(a) A message of war.
(b) Information on Christianity and Jesus.
(c) Submission from the Pope.
(d) Goods from Europe.
14. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
15. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
2. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
3. The Ming briefly moved the capital city of China to what place?
4. What year is the earliest reported Mongol presence in the French court?
5. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)