|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(b) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(c) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(d) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
2. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(b) He recieved no formal education.
(c) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(d) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
3. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) Three days.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
4. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(b) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(c) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
5. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 100,000 - 125,000.
(b) 200,000 - 215,000.
(c) 50,000 - 75,000.
(d) 150,000 - 175,000.
6. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(a) Preparing for battle.
(c) Standing guard.
7. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
8. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) The sky.
(b) His Spirit Banner.
(c) The wind.
(d) The sun.
9. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) The old woman of the family.
(b) Burkhan Khaldun.
(d) Genghis Khan.
10. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) To the left.
(b) In the back.
(c) To the right.
(d) In the center.
11. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Light and Dark.
(d) Earth and sky.
12. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(b) Genghis Khan.
13. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
14. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
15. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was depressed.
(b) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
(c) Borte was disfigured.
(d) Borte was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
2. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
3. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
4. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
5. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)