|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) I die in glory for the Khan.
(b) Glory to the Great Khan.
(c) Eternal Blue Sky.
(d) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
2. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Bodonchar the Fool.
(b) Onon the Lame.
(c) Anda the Wise.
(d) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
3. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(b) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(c) He legitimized all children.
(d) He streamlined hunting rights.
4. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Gobi desert.
(b) The Hymalian mountains.
(c) The Nile river.
(d) The Caspian Sea.
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
6. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
7. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
(b) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(c) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(d) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
8. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) The old woman of the tribe.
9. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A spear.
10. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
11. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(b) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
(c) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(d) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
12. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
13. What religion did the Mongols practice?
14. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 50,000 - 75,000.
(b) 100,000 - 125,000.
(c) 200,000 - 215,000.
(d) 150,000 - 175,000.
15. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(c) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(d) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
2. When was Borte's first son born?
3. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
4. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
5. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)