|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(b) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) The steppe.
(d) With Ong Khan.
2. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The people of India.
(d) The Korean people.
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
(a) The people of India.
(b) The people of Pakistan.
(c) The Koreans.
(d) The British.
4. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(b) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(c) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(d) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
5. What year did Genghis Khan die?
6. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was pregnant.
(b) Borte was disfigured.
(c) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
(d) Borte was depressed.
7. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(a) Written and in rhyme.
(c) Orders were written.
(d) Orally and in rhyme.
8. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
9. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
10. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Chinggis Khan.
(b) Ong Khan.
(d) Genghis Khan.
11. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
12. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) The old woman of the family.
(c) Burkhan Khaldun.
13. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled camel.
(b) Roots and bugs.
(d) Boiled horseflesh.
14. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
(a) A seing kit.
(b) A tent.
(d) A lasso.
15. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Borte's first son born?
2. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
3. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
4. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
5. When was Genghis Khan born?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)