|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
(b) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(c) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(d) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
2. When was Borte's first son born?
3. Who was Mutugen?
(a) A leader of the Nishapur.
(b) A leader of the Bamian.
(c) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(d) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
4. When was Genghis Khan born?
5. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Korean people.
(b) The people of India.
(d) The Mongols.
6. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The Jurched.
(c) The Tangut.
(d) The Sung.
7. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(b) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(c) He recieved no formal education.
(d) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
8. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
9. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(c) Genghis Khan.
10. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A village to remain at peace.
(b) A warrior to fight every battle.
(c) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(d) A village to defend themselves.
11. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) The sky.
(b) The wind.
(c) His Spirit Banner.
(d) The sun.
12. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
(a) Ibn al-Athir.
(b) Abdüllatif Şener.
(c) Nihat Ergün.
(d) Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed.
13. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(c) The old woman of the tribe.
14. What religion did the Mongols practice?
15. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
2. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
3. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
4. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
5. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)