|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(b) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(c) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(d) A traditional Mongolian council.
2. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(c) In the Forbidden City.
(d) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
3. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
4. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) The Lightning Formation.
(b) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(c) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(d) He used archers to wound from remote places.
5. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
6. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
7. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
8. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
9. When did Borte die?
(a) Between 1220 and 1223.
(c) Between 1219 and 1224
10. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
(a) The dark.
11. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) With Ong Khan.
(b) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) The steppe.
(d) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
12. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(d) People without occupation.
13. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 150,000 - 175,000.
(b) 100,000 - 125,000.
(c) 200,000 - 215,000.
(d) 50,000 - 75,000.
14. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
15. What year did Genghis Khan die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
2. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
3. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
4. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
5. Who was Temujin descended from?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)