|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(b) He almost attacked her.
(c) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(d) He attacked her.
2. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
3. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He rode his horse to the throne.
(c) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(d) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
4. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
5. Who was Mutugen?
(a) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
(b) A leader of the Bamian.
(c) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(d) A leader of the Nishapur.
6. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(c) Genghis Khan.
7. When was Borte's first son born?
8. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
9. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) In the Merkid camp.
(b) Waiting for Temujin.
(c) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(d) Fighting with her new husband.
10. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(c) Spirit banners.
11. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
12. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Hymalian mountains.
(b) The Caspian Sea.
(c) The Nile river.
(d) The Gobi desert.
13. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(c) People without occupation.
14. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) The old woman of the family.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) Burkhan Khaldun.
15. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(b) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(c) He recieved no formal education.
(d) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
2. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
3. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
4. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
5. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)