|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A village to defend themselves.
(b) A warrior to fight every battle.
(c) A village to remain at peace.
(d) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
2. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
(a) Their superior politicians.
(b) Their control over goods from China.
(c) Their advanced technology.
(d) Their military prowess.
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
(a) The Koreans.
(b) The British.
(c) The people of India.
(d) The people of Pakistan.
4. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(b) Putting children in catapults.
(c) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
5. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
6. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
7. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
8. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
(c) Temuge Otchigen.
9. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He almost attacked her.
(b) He attacked her.
(c) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(d) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
10. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
11. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 150,000 - 175,000.
(b) 50,000 - 75,000.
(c) 100,000 - 125,000.
(d) 200,000 - 215,000.
12. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(b) Chinggis Khan.
(c) Ong Khan.
(d) Genghis Khan.
13. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(c) Axe Throwers.
(d) The cavalry.
14. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) Six months.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Three months.
15. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They did not eat meat, only grains.
(b) They ate it raw.
(c) They dipped it in alcohol.
(d) They put it under their saddles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
2. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
3. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
4. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
5. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)