|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He almost attacked her.
(b) He attacked her.
(c) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(d) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
2. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The Tangut.
(c) The Sung.
(d) The Jurched.
3. What year did Genghis Khan die?
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled camel.
(b) Roots and bugs.
(d) Boiled horseflesh.
5. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
6. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
7. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(b) 1 million yards.
(c) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(d) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
8. When was Borte's first son born?
9. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
10. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(b) Preparing for battle.
(d) Standing guard.
11. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Light and Dark.
(c) Earth and sky.
(d) Right and wrong.
12. What religion did the Mongols practice?
13. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Tatars.
(c) The Kereyid.
(d) The Naiman.
14. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Korean people.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The people of India.
15. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(a) Orally and in rhyme.
(c) Orders were written.
(d) Written and in rhyme.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
2. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
4. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
5. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)