Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
2. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(b) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(c) He recieved no formal education.
(d) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
3. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(b) Putting children in catapults.
(c) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
4. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
5. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) The steppe.
(b) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(d) With Ong Khan.
6. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(c) Ong Khan.
(d) The Merkid.
7. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) Eternal Blue Sky.
(b) I die in glory for the Khan.
(c) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
(d) Glory to the Great Khan.
8. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(b) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(c) He rode his horse to the throne.
(d) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
9. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
(a) The sultan of Delhi.
(b) The Persians.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) Jalal al-Din.
10. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) 1 million yards.
(c) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(d) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
11. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) The Lightning Formation.
(d) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
12. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
(b) The dark.
13. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) Genghis Khan.
(d) The old woman of the family.
14. What is a deel?
(a) The traditional Mongol robe.
(b) The saddle a Mongol rides upon.
(c) The canteens a soldier carries for water.
(d) The flints a soldier carries for fire.
15. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
(b) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(d) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
4. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
5. When was Genghis Khan born?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)