|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(b) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
(c) Learn the ways of a herder.
(d) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
2. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 1,000 yards of silk.
(b) 1,000 sheets of paper.
(c) 100,00 yards of silk.
(d) 100,000 sheets of paper.
3. What people did Jebe and Khasar find amongst the Khitan people?
(b) A longstanding rivalry.
(c) Fierce opposition.
4. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
5. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
(a) He killed the envoy.
(b) He turned to the south and spat on the ground.
(c) He discussed his options with the envoy.
(d) He maimed the envoy.
6. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) The Lightning Formation.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(d) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
7. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
8. Who was Mutugen?
(a) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(b) A leader of the Bamian.
(c) A leader of the Nishapur.
(d) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
9. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(b) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(c) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(d) Putting children in catapults.
10. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Tangut.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Jurched.
(d) The Sung.
11. When was Borte's first son born?
12. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
(a) He diverted the river, but flooded his own camp instead.
(b) He was not able to divert the river at all.
(c) He diverted the river but it flooded empty land.
(d) He diverted the river and captured the Tangut.
13. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(c) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Trick Temujin and kill him.
14. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(b) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(d) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
15. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The people of India.
(b) The Korean people.
(d) The Mongols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
2. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
3. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
4. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
5. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)