|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(a) Genghis Khan.
2. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The people of India.
(d) The Korean people.
3. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(a) Spirit banners.
4. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
5. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Nile river.
(b) The Hymalian mountains.
(c) The Gobi desert.
(d) The Caspian Sea.
6. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(a) Written and in rhyme.
(b) Orders were written.
(c) Orally and in rhyme.
7. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
8. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
(a) He diverted the river and captured the Tangut.
(b) He diverted the river but it flooded empty land.
(c) He diverted the river, but flooded his own camp instead.
(d) He was not able to divert the river at all.
9. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(b) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(c) The Lightning Formation.
(d) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
10. When was Borte's first son born?
11. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(b) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(c) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(d) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
12. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
13. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
14. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A spear.
15. When was Genghis Khan born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
2. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
3. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
4. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
5. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)