|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 50 years.
2. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
3. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Bodonchar the Fool.
(b) Onon the Lame.
(c) Anda the Wise.
(d) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(b) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(c) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(d) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
5. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(b) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(c) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(d) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
6. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
(b) Walking Stick.
(d) Rain Stick.
7. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Earth and sky.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Black and white.
8. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(a) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(b) In the Forbidden City.
9. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
(a) They prayed to Genghis Khan.
(b) They put out the night's fires and rode on.
(c) A quick reconissance of the left, right, back, and front.
(d) They had a meeting and discussed the next day.
10. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Hymalian mountains.
(b) The Nile river.
(c) The Gobi desert.
(d) The Caspian Sea.
11. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) 1 million yards.
(b) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(c) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(d) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
12. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(c) The cavalry.
(d) Axe Throwers.
13. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
14. When was Genghis Khan born?
15. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was disfigured.
(b) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
(c) Borte was pregnant.
(d) Borte was depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. When did Borte die?
4. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
5. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)