|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 200 years.
2. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(b) The Tatars.
(c) The Kereyid.
(d) The Naiman.
3. When did Borte die?
(a) Between 1220 and 1223.
(c) Between 1219 and 1224
4. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
5. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(d) Genghis Khan.
6. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
7. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(b) The cavalry.
(d) Axe Throwers.
8. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was pregnant.
(b) Borte was depressed.
(c) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
(d) Borte was disfigured.
9. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(b) Standing guard.
(c) Preparing for battle.
10. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) The sky.
(b) The sun.
(c) His Spirit Banner.
(d) The wind.
11. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(d) The Lightning Formation.
12. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is deflecting from society.
(b) It removes his identity and strength.
(c) He is just getting undressed.
(d) He is challenging the Gods.
13. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
14. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
(a) Jalal al-Din.
(b) The sultan of Delhi.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) The Persians.
15. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(b) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Trick Temujin and kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mutugen?
2. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
3. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
4. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
5. What year did Genghis Khan die?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)