|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(b) He attacked her.
(c) He almost attacked her.
(d) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
2. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(a) Spirit banners.
3. What people did Jebe and Khasar find amongst the Khitan people?
(a) Fierce opposition.
(b) A longstanding rivalry.
4. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
(a) Took one of Jamuka's wives as his own.
(b) Immediately overthrew Jamuka.
(c) Make an alliance with Jamuka, but remain in the mountains.
(d) Merge his family with Jamuka.
5. What is a deel?
(a) The saddle a Mongol rides upon.
(b) The flints a soldier carries for fire.
(c) The traditional Mongol robe.
(d) The canteens a soldier carries for water.
6. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
7. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Gobi desert.
(b) The Caspian Sea.
(c) The Nile river.
(d) The Hymalian mountains.
8. When was Genghis Khan born?
9. When was Borte's first son born?
10. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(b) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(c) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(d) He recieved no formal education.
11. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
12. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(b) Chinggis Khan.
(c) Genghis Khan.
(d) Ong Khan.
13. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(b) People without occupation.
14. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They dipped it in alcohol.
(b) They did not eat meat, only grains.
(c) They ate it raw.
(d) They put it under their saddles.
15. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(d) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
2. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
3. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
4. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
5. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)