|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
2. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(c) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(d) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
3. When was Borte's first son born?
4. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
(a) The people of Pakistan.
(b) The people of India.
(c) The Koreans.
(d) The British.
5. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the center.
(c) To the right.
(d) To the left.
6. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(b) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(c) In the Forbidden City.
7. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Waiting for Temujin.
(b) Fighting with her new husband.
(c) In the Merkid camp.
(d) On a cart, sent away from battle.
8. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(b) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(c) Putting children in catapults.
(d) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
9. What people did Jebe and Khasar find amongst the Khitan people?
(c) Fierce opposition.
(d) A longstanding rivalry.
10. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(b) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(c) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(d) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
11. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
(b) The dark.
12. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
13. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
(a) Their superior politicians.
(b) Their military prowess.
(c) Their control over goods from China.
(d) Their advanced technology.
14. When was Genghis Khan born?
15. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Temujin descended from?
2. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
3. What year did Genghis Khan die?
4. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
5. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)