|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
(b) The steppe.
(c) With Ong Khan.
(d) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
2. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
(a) Abdüllatif Şener.
(b) Nihat Ergün.
(c) Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed.
(d) Ibn al-Athir.
3. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
4. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) The old woman of the family.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) Burkhan Khaldun.
5. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(a) Genghis Khan.
6. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
(a) They had a meeting and discussed the next day.
(b) A quick reconissance of the left, right, back, and front.
(c) They prayed to Genghis Khan.
(d) They put out the night's fires and rode on.
7. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
(a) Merge his family with Jamuka.
(b) Took one of Jamuka's wives as his own.
(c) Immediately overthrew Jamuka.
(d) Make an alliance with Jamuka, but remain in the mountains.
8. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Korean people.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The people of India.
9. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(c) He rode his horse to the throne.
(d) He walked on the hands of his followers.
10. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Twelve hours.
11. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(d) People without occupation.
12. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
13. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(b) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(c) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(d) 1 million yards.
14. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
15. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A village to remain at peace.
(b) A warrior to fight every battle.
(c) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(d) A village to defend themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
2. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
3. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
4. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
5. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)