|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(b) Orally and in rhyme.
(c) Orders were written.
(d) Written and in rhyme.
2. When was Genghis Khan born?
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(c) The old woman of the family.
(d) Burkhan Khaldun.
4. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Earth and sky.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Right and wrong.
5. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A warrior to fight every battle.
(b) A village to remain at peace.
(c) A village to defend themselves.
(d) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
6. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) One day.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
7. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) To the left.
(b) To the right.
(c) In the center.
(d) In the back.
8. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 1,000 yards of silk.
(b) 1,000 sheets of paper.
(c) 100,00 yards of silk.
(d) 100,000 sheets of paper.
9. Who was Mutugen?
(a) A leader of the Nishapur.
(b) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
(c) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(d) A leader of the Bamian.
10. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) The old woman of the tribe.
11. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Jurched.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Tangut.
(d) The Sung.
12. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was pregnant.
(b) Borte was depressed.
(c) Borte was disfigured.
(d) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
13. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
14. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Learn the ways of a herder.
(b) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
(c) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(d) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
15. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(b) He rode his horse to the throne.
(c) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(d) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
3. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
5. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)