|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) Eternal Blue Sky.
(b) I die in glory for the Khan.
(c) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
(d) Glory to the Great Khan.
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(b) The Lightning Formation.
(c) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(d) The Tumbleweed Formation.
4. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
5. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(c) People without occupation.
6. What year did Genghis Khan die?
7. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
(a) 150 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 200 years.
8. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(b) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(c) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(d) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
9. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(d) Genghis Khan.
10. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They dipped it in alcohol.
(b) They ate it raw.
(c) They put it under their saddles.
(d) They did not eat meat, only grains.
11. When did Borte die?
(c) Between 1219 and 1224
(d) Between 1220 and 1223.
12. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Twelve hours.
13. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Gobi desert.
(b) The Caspian Sea.
(c) The Nile river.
(d) The Hymalian mountains.
14. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Earth and sky.
(b) Light and Dark.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Black and white.
15. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
2. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
3. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
4. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
5. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)