|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) Ong Khan.
(d) The Merkid.
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Earth and sky.
(b) Light and Dark.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Black and white.
3. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Naiman.
(b) The Kereyid.
(d) The Tatars.
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Ahmad Fanakati.
(b) Mahmud Yalavach.
(c) Arghun Aqa.
(d) Yelu Chucai.
5. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Chinggis Khan.
(b) Ong Khan.
(c) Genghis Khan.
6. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(b) 1 million yards.
(c) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(d) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
7. What people did Jebe and Khasar find amongst the Khitan people?
(c) A longstanding rivalry.
(d) Fierce opposition.
8. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled horseflesh.
(b) Roots and bugs.
(d) Boiled camel.
9. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(b) The Lightning Formation.
(c) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(d) The Tumbleweed Formation.
10. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
11. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
12. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(b) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(c) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(d) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
13. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(b) He recieved no formal education.
(c) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(d) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
14. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Jurched.
(b) The Sung.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Tangut.
15. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 150,000 - 175,000.
(b) 100,000 - 125,000.
(c) 50,000 - 75,000.
(d) 200,000 - 215,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
2. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
3. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
4. Who was Mutugen?
5. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)