|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(b) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(d) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
2. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Arghun Aqa.
(b) Mahmud Yalavach.
(c) Ahmad Fanakati.
(d) Yelu Chucai.
3. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(c) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(d) He rode his horse to the throne.
4. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
5. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(a) Axe Throwers.
(b) The cavalry.
6. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Chinggis Khan.
(b) Ong Khan.
(c) Genghis Khan.
7. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(b) The Pope.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
8. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Twelve hours.
9. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
10. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
11. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
12. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(c) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(d) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
13. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) The sky.
(b) His Spirit Banner.
(c) The wind.
(d) The sun.
14. What religion did the Mongols practice?
15. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(b) Preparing for battle.
(d) Standing guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
2. What people did Jebe and Khasar find amongst the Khitan people?
3. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
4. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
5. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)