|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Genghis Khan die?
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Earth and sky.
(b) Right and wrong.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Light and Dark.
3. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(b) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(c) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(d) He recieved no formal education.
4. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
(a) Immediately overthrew Jamuka.
(b) Make an alliance with Jamuka, but remain in the mountains.
(c) Took one of Jamuka's wives as his own.
(d) Merge his family with Jamuka.
5. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
(a) He diverted the river but it flooded empty land.
(b) He diverted the river, but flooded his own camp instead.
(c) He diverted the river and captured the Tangut.
(d) He was not able to divert the river at all.
6. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
7. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(b) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(c) He streamlined hunting rights.
(d) He legitimized all children.
8. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Putting children in catapults.
(b) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(c) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
9. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
(a) 150 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 50 years.
10. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Tangut.
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The Jurched.
(d) The Sung.
11. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
(a) Their advanced technology.
(b) Their military prowess.
(c) Their control over goods from China.
(d) Their superior politicians.
12. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The people of India.
(c) The Korean people.
13. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Tatars.
(b) The Kereyid.
(d) The Naiman.
14. When did Borte die?
(b) Between 1219 and 1224
(c) Between 1220 and 1223.
15. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
(a) Rain Stick.
(c) Walking Stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
2. What is a deel?
3. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
5. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)