|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(b) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(d) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
2. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
(a) 150 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 50 years.
3. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Caspian Sea.
(b) The Nile river.
(c) The Gobi desert.
(d) The Hymalian mountains.
4. Who was Mutugen?
(a) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(b) A leader of the Nishapur.
(c) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
(d) A leader of the Bamian.
5. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
6. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
7. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
8. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
9. When did Borte die?
(c) Between 1219 and 1224
(d) Between 1220 and 1223.
10. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Ahmad Fanakati.
(b) Mahmud Yalavach.
(c) Yelu Chucai.
(d) Arghun Aqa.
11. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
(a) He discussed his options with the envoy.
(b) He killed the envoy.
(c) He maimed the envoy.
(d) He turned to the south and spat on the ground.
12. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
(a) Ibn al-Athir.
(b) Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed.
(c) Abdüllatif Şener.
(d) Nihat Ergün.
13. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) The Merkid.
(b) Ong Khan.
14. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He rode his horse to the throne.
(c) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(d) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
15. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
2. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
3. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
4. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
5. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)