|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian council.
(b) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(c) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(d) A traditional Mongolian dress.
2. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(c) People without occupation.
3. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He rode his horse to the throne.
(c) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(d) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
4. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) One week.
(d) Three months.
5. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(b) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
(c) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(d) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
6. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
7. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
8. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(b) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(c) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(d) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
9. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
10. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is challenging the Gods.
(b) It removes his identity and strength.
(c) He is just getting undressed.
(d) He is deflecting from society.
11. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(b) The Pope.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
12. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was successful.
(b) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(c) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
13. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
14. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(b) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(c) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(d) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
15. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was pregnant.
(b) Borte was disfigured.
(c) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
(d) Borte was depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
4. What religion did the Mongols practice?
5. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)