|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(b) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
2. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(b) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(c) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(d) He rode his horse to the throne.
3. What religion did the Mongols practice?
4. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
5. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 150,000 - 175,000.
(b) 50,000 - 75,000.
(c) 200,000 - 215,000.
(d) 100,000 - 125,000.
6. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(a) Genghis Khan.
7. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian council.
(b) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(c) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(d) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
8. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) The old woman of the family.
(c) Burkhan Khaldun.
9. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(b) Spirit banners.
10. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(b) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(c) He legitimized all children.
(d) He streamlined hunting rights.
11. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(c) Preparing for battle.
(d) Standing guard.
12. When was Borte's first son born?
13. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(b) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(c) Putting children in catapults.
14. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled horseflesh.
(b) Roots and bugs.
(c) Boiled camel.
15. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is challenging the Gods.
(b) He is just getting undressed.
(c) He is deflecting from society.
(d) It removes his identity and strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
2. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
3. When did Borte die?
4. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
5. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)