|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Earth and sky.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Light and Dark.
3. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 1,000 sheets of paper.
(b) 100,00 yards of silk.
(c) 1,000 yards of silk.
(d) 100,000 sheets of paper.
4. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(c) Putting children in catapults.
(d) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
5. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
2. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
3. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
4. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
5. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)