|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What people did Jebe and Khasar find amongst the Khitan people?
(a) A longstanding rivalry.
(b) Fierce opposition.
2. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) Eternal Blue Sky.
(b) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
(c) Glory to the Great Khan.
(d) I die in glory for the Khan.
3. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
4. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
(a) Friar Carpini.
5. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(b) Standing guard.
(c) Preparing for battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
2. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
3. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
4. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
5. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)