|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
(a) The widow of Chaghatai and ruler of Asia and Turkestan.
(b) The widow of Tolui and ruler of northern China and eastern Mongolia.
(c) The ruler of Mongolia.
(d) The ruler of Persia.
2. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(a) In the Forbidden City.
(c) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
3. The best we know, where did Black Death originate?
(a) South of China.
4. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
(d) Temuge Otchigen.
5. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What people did Jebe and Khasar find amongst the Khitan people?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
4. What did the reliance on imported goods reflect in feudal Europe?
5. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)