|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(b) The old woman of the family.
(c) Burkhan Khaldun.
(d) Genghis Khan.
2. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Onon the Lame.
(b) Anda the Wise.
(c) Bodonchar the Fool.
(d) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
3. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
(c) Temuge Otchigen.
4. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(b) The Mongols.
(c) The people of India.
(d) The Korean people.
5. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
(a) Prince Yaroslav Vsevolodovich.
(b) The Livonian Brothers.
(c) Grand Prince Yaroslav II.
(d) His Highness Alexander Navsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
2. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
3. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
4. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
5. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)