|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
2. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
3. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) Less than 1,500.
(b) More than 3,500.
(c) More than 3,000.
(d) Less than 2,500.
4. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Sung.
(b) The Jurched.
(c) The Tangut.
(d) The Mongols.
5. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(d) Trick Temujin and kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. Of all the cultures the Mongols worked with, who had the most advanced pharmacology?
4. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
5. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)