|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
2. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
(a) 4,000 miles.
(b) 9,000 kilometers.
(c) 7,000 miles.
(d) 14,000 kilometers
3. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) They stayed exactly the same.
(b) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
(c) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
(d) They disappeared.
4. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
(a) His Highness Alexander Navsky.
(b) The Livonian Brothers.
(c) Grand Prince Yaroslav II.
(d) Prince Yaroslav Vsevolodovich.
5. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
2. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
3. What year did Ogodei die?
4. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
5. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)