|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(b) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(c) The Lightning Formation.
(d) The Tumbleweed Formation.
2. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
(b) Possible execution.
(d) The rack.
3. Where did Hulegu rule during Khubilai's reign?
(a) Modern-day Nepal.
(d) Modern-day Kyrgystan.
4. What is airak?
(a) Fermented mare's milk.
(b) Mongolian perperation for cooking sheep.
(c) The celebration dance performned by Sorkhokhtani.
(d) The special relationship between two Khan sons.
5. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Chineese warriors.
(b) Indian shaman.
(c) Persian monks.
(d) Turkic tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
2. Who ruled the Moghuls from 1556 until 1608, the zenith of that empire?
3. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
4. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
5. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)