|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
(a) Grand Prince Yaroslav II.
(b) His Highness Alexander Navsky.
(c) Prince Yaroslav Vsevolodovich.
(d) The Livonian Brothers.
2. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
(a) Pope Clement III.
(b) Pope Pius III.
(c) Pope Pius VII.
(d) Pope Clement VI.
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Burkhan Khaldun.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) The old woman of the family.
4. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
5. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) The Merkid.
(c) Ong Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
2. Who was Shiremun?
3. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
4. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
5. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)