|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) The old woman of the family.
(d) Burkhan Khaldun.
2. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(b) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(c) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(d) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
3. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
(a) 7,000 miles.
(b) 4,000 miles.
(c) 14,000 kilometers
(d) 9,000 kilometers.
4. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
(a) Their military prowess.
(b) Their superior politicians.
(c) Their advanced technology.
(d) Their control over goods from China.
5. By what year did the Mongol method of currency become worthless in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
2. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
3. What religion did the Mongols practice?
4. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
5. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)