|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) 1 million yards.
(c) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(d) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
2. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(b) In the Forbidden City.
(c) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
3. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(b) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(c) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(d) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
4. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
(a) Information on Christianity and Jesus.
(b) Submission from the Pope.
(c) Goods from Europe.
(d) A message of war.
5. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
2. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
3. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
4. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
5. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)