|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
2. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
(a) 14,000 kilometers
(b) 4,000 miles.
(c) 7,000 miles.
(d) 9,000 kilometers.
3. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
(a) One year.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
4. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
(a) The Yellow River.
(b) The Aras River.
(c) The Euphrates River.
(d) The Indus River.
5. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
2. What year did China fall from Mongol rule?
3. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
4. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
5. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)