|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
(a) Pope Clement III.
(b) Pope Pius VII.
(c) Pope Clement VI.
(d) Pope Pius III.
2. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
3. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(b) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(c) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(d) He recieved no formal education.
4. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
5. Where did the Mongols discover the triangular plow?
(b) Southeast Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Ottomans conquer Constantinople?
2. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
4. Throughout the Renaissance the Mongols were generally treated with adulation. However, what time period opened up a distinct anti-Asian sentiment?
5. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)