|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(b) He recieved no formal education.
(c) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(d) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
2. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) More torture.
(b) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
(c) They were banished.
(d) They went on parole.
3. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(b) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(d) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
4. Who wrote Decameron?
(a) Leon Battista Alberti.
(b) Poggio Bracciolini.
(c) Cardinal Basilios Bessarion.
(d) Giovanni Boccaccio.
5. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
2. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
3. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
4. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
5. What is a paiza?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)