|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a deel?
(a) The saddle a Mongol rides upon.
(b) The traditional Mongol robe.
(c) The flints a soldier carries for fire.
(d) The canteens a soldier carries for water.
2. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) The Lightning Formation.
(d) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
3. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(b) Spirit banners.
4. Which pope issued a papal bull in 1348, ordering the prosecution of the Jews to halt?
(a) Pope Pius VII.
(b) Pope Clement III.
(c) Pope Pius III.
(d) Pope Clement VI.
5. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
2. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
3. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
4. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
5. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)