|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
(a) He maimed the envoy.
(b) He killed the envoy.
(c) He discussed his options with the envoy.
(d) He turned to the south and spat on the ground.
2. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
(a) 210,000 tons.
(b) 150,000 tons.
(c) 100,000 tons.
(d) 327,000 tons.
3. What did the reliance on imported goods reflect in feudal Europe?
(a) A failure at home.
(b) Exotic tastes.
(c) Early shopoholoicism.
(d) Total normalcy.
4. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) 1 million yards.
(b) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(c) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(d) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
5. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) One week.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
2. What is airak?
3. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
4. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
5. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)