|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Empire of Illusion, Epilogue, The Eternal Spirit of Genghis Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
2. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) He recieved no formal education.
(b) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(c) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(d) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
3. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
(a) They prayed to Genghis Khan.
(b) A quick reconissance of the left, right, back, and front.
(c) They put out the night's fires and rode on.
(d) They had a meeting and discussed the next day.
4. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
(a) Lake Issykul.
(c) The steppe.
5. How many members of the Golden Family occupied the throne between the years of 1328 and 1332?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many priests did Khubilai request the Marco brothers send to the Mongol courts?
2. What year did Persia fall from the Mongol rule?
3. Who was Shiremun?
4. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
5. As the Mongol empire began to fall down, who in central Asia claimed to be a descendant of Genghis Khan?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)