|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
(b) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
(c) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(d) Learn the ways of a herder.
2. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
3. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) Six months.
(b) 106 days.
(c) A year.
(d) Two years.
4. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) To the left.
(b) In the center.
(c) To the right.
(d) In the back.
5. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
(b) The steppe.
(d) Lake Issykul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
2. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
3. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
4. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
5. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)