|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
2. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(a) Axe Throwers.
(d) The cavalry.
3. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
4. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) The Lightning Formation.
(d) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
5. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
2. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
3. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
4. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
5. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)