|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Earth and sky.
(d) Right and wrong.
2. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
3. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
4. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
5. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(c) 1 million yards.
(d) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
2. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
3. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
4. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
5. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)