|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
(a) The Giant Family.
(b) The Golden Family.
(c) The Great Family.
(d) The Generous Family.
2. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(b) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
(c) Gold bullion.
(d) Silver bars.
3. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(c) Genghis Khan.
4. What year did Ogodei die?
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
2. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
3. Who was Mutugen?
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
5. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)