|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Earth and sky.
(d) Light and Dark.
2. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
(b) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
(c) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
(d) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
3. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(a) The Pope.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
4. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Onon the Lame.
(b) Anda the Wise.
(c) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(d) Bodonchar the Fool.
5. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) More than 3,000.
(b) Less than 2,500.
(c) Less than 1,500.
(d) More than 3,500.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
2. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
3. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
5. How many people did Mongke execute within Ogodei's lineage?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)