|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Genghis Khan born?
2. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
3. What is airak?
(a) Fermented mare's milk.
(b) The special relationship between two Khan sons.
(c) The celebration dance performned by Sorkhokhtani.
(d) Mongolian perperation for cooking sheep.
4. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
5. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
(c) Friar Carpini.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
2. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
3. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
4. What year did Genghis Khan die?
5. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)