|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Hymalian mountains.
(b) The Gobi desert.
(c) The Caspian Sea.
(d) The Nile river.
2. What is a she?
(a) A group of about 200,000 peasants.
(b) A group of 1,000 nobility.
(c) A group of about 50,000 peasants.
(d) A group of 100 nobility.
3. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
4. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He legitimized all children.
(b) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(c) He streamlined hunting rights.
(d) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
5. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
2. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
3. Who was Temujin descended from?
4. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)