|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
(b) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(c) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
(d) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
2. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(a) Genghis Khan.
3. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
(a) He discussed his options with the envoy.
(b) He killed the envoy.
(c) He turned to the south and spat on the ground.
(d) He maimed the envoy.
4. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Kept the home.
(b) Managed the empire.
(c) Traveled with the men.
(d) Drank with Ogodei.
5. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 100,000 sheets of paper.
(b) 1,000 yards of silk.
(c) 100,00 yards of silk.
(d) 1,000 sheets of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
2. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
3. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
4. Who was Shiremun?
5. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)