|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Indian shaman.
(b) Chineese warriors.
(c) Turkic tribes.
(d) Persian monks.
2. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
3. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
(c) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(d) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
4. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
5. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
2. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
3. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
4. When did Borte die?
5. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)