|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(b) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(c) He recieved no formal education.
(d) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Earth and sky.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Black and white.
3. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(b) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
(c) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
(d) Learn the ways of a herder.
4. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(d) The Pope.
5. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
2. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
3. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
4. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
5. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)