|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Borte die?
(b) Between 1219 and 1224
(c) Between 1220 and 1223.
2. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
(b) Friar Carpini.
3. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(b) He legitimized all children.
(c) He streamlined hunting rights.
(d) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
4. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
5. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 100,000 sheets of paper.
(b) 100,00 yards of silk.
(c) 1,000 yards of silk.
(d) 1,000 sheets of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
2. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
3. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
4. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
5. When was Genghis Khan born?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)