|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(b) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(c) A traditional Mongolian council.
(d) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
2. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) 106 days.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
3. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) An ancestral temple for his family.
(b) A courthouse to uphold Chinese law.
(c) A library to promote literacy.
(d) A public hospital for the Chinese.
4. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
(b) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(c) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(d) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
5. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Silver bars.
(b) Gold bullion.
(c) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(d) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
2. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
3. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
4. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
5. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)