|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional food of the Mongols.
3. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Twelve hours.
4. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Managed the empire.
(b) Traveled with the men.
(c) Kept the home.
(d) Drank with Ogodei.
5. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
2. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
3. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
4. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
5. What year did Ogodei die?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)