|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Khubilai Khan.
(b) The Great Khan.
(c) Arik Boke.
(d) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
2. What year did Ogodei die?
3. What is airak?
(a) Fermented mare's milk.
(b) The celebration dance performned by Sorkhokhtani.
(c) Mongolian perperation for cooking sheep.
(d) The special relationship between two Khan sons.
4. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) He recieved no formal education.
(b) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(c) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(d) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
5. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) 106 days.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
2. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
3. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
4. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
5. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)