|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(c) People without occupation.
2. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
3. What is a she?
(a) A group of 100 nobility.
(b) A group of about 50,000 peasants.
(c) A group of 1,000 nobility.
(d) A group of about 200,000 peasants.
4. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) Earth and sky.
(c) Light and Dark.
(d) Black and white.
5. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
(b) The steppe.
(d) Lake Issykul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
2. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
3. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
4. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
5. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)