|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He almost attacked her.
(b) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(c) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(d) He attacked her.
2. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) 106 days.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) Two years.
3. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
4. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Gold bullion.
(b) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
(c) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(d) Silver bars.
5. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(b) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(d) In the Forbidden City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people did Jebe and Khasar find amongst the Khitan people?
2. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
3. What year did Genghis Khan die?
4. What is airak?
5. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)