|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Sokhokhtani die?
(a) February 1252.
(b) March 1250.
(c) October 1251.
(d) January 1253.
2. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) 1 million yards.
(c) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(d) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
3. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
4. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
(c) Walking Stick.
(d) Rain Stick.
5. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
(a) Took one of Jamuka's wives as his own.
(b) Make an alliance with Jamuka, but remain in the mountains.
(c) Immediately overthrew Jamuka.
(d) Merge his family with Jamuka.
Short Answer Questions
1. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
2. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
3. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
4. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
5. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)