|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
2. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
(c) The steppe.
(d) Lake Issykul.
3. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(a) Spirit banners.
4. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
(a) The dark.
5. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(b) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(c) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(d) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
2. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
3. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
4. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
5. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)