|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(c) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Trick Temujin and kill him.
2. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He attacked her.
(b) He almost attacked her.
(c) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(d) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
3. What year did Genghis Khan die?
4. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
5. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The Korean people.
(d) The people of India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
2. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
3. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
5. Who was Mutugen?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)