|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) Eternal Blue Sky.
(b) Glory to the Great Khan.
(c) I die in glory for the Khan.
(d) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
2. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
(b) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(c) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
(d) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
3. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
4. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
(b) Work of art.
5. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
(a) Increasing the literacy rate of his people.
(b) Properly fund public hospitals.
(c) Standardize a health code.
(d) Squandering the majority of his father's wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
2. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
3. What was Karakorum?
4. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
5. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)