|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
2. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was banished and starved to death.
(b) She was torured.
(c) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
(d) It is unclear.
3. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
(a) He diverted the river, but flooded his own camp instead.
(b) He diverted the river and captured the Tangut.
(c) He was not able to divert the river at all.
(d) He diverted the river but it flooded empty land.
4. Who was Mutugen?
(a) A leader of the Bamian.
(b) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(c) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
(d) A leader of the Nishapur.
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
2. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
3. Who was Temujin descended from?
4. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
5. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)