|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Guyuk die?
(a) He was killed by Sorkhokhtani.
(b) He was killed by his own torture methods.
(c) He was killed by a warring tribe.
(d) Nobody knows.
2. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled horseflesh.
(c) Roots and bugs.
(d) Boiled camel.
3. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
(b) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
(c) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(d) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
4. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(a) In the Forbidden City.
(b) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
5. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
(b) Friar Carpini.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Ogodei installed?
2. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
3. What is a khuriltai?
4. Who was Temujin descended from?
5. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)