|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
(b) Lake Issykul.
(c) The steppe.
2. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(b) Putting children in catapults.
(d) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
3. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(b) The Pope.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
4. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 1,000 yards of silk.
(b) 1,000 sheets of paper.
(c) 100,000 sheets of paper.
(d) 100,00 yards of silk.
5. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
(a) Squandering the majority of his father's wealth.
(b) Properly fund public hospitals.
(c) Standardize a health code.
(d) Increasing the literacy rate of his people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
2. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
3. Who was Temujin descended from?
4. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
5. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)