|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(b) 1 million yards.
(c) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(d) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
2. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(b) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(c) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(d) The Lightning Formation.
3. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
(a) He maimed the envoy.
(b) He killed the envoy.
(c) He discussed his options with the envoy.
(d) He turned to the south and spat on the ground.
4. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
5. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
(b) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(c) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
(d) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Toregene die?
2. What year did Ogodei die?
3. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
4. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
5. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)