|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
2. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(b) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(c) Putting children in catapults.
(d) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
3. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) The sky.
(b) His Spirit Banner.
(c) The wind.
(d) The sun.
4. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
(a) Ibn al-Athir.
(b) Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed.
(c) Nihat Ergün.
(d) Abdüllatif Şener.
5. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 50,000 - 75,000.
(b) 150,000 - 175,000.
(c) 200,000 - 215,000.
(d) 100,000 - 125,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
2. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
3. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
4. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
5. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)