|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Borte die?
(b) Between 1220 and 1223.
(c) Between 1219 and 1224
2. How did Guyuk die?
(a) Nobody knows.
(b) He was killed by Sorkhokhtani.
(c) He was killed by his own torture methods.
(d) He was killed by a warring tribe.
3. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(b) He rode his horse to the throne.
(c) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(d) He walked on the hands of his followers.
4. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(a) Axe Throwers.
(d) The cavalry.
5. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) A year.
(b) 106 days.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
2. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
3. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
4. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
5. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)