|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
2. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) It removes his identity and strength.
(b) He is deflecting from society.
(c) He is just getting undressed.
(d) He is challenging the Gods.
3. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(b) He rode his horse to the throne.
(c) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(d) He walked on the hands of his followers.
4. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) A year.
(b) Two years.
(c) 106 days.
(d) Six months.
5. What was Kerchagan?
(a) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
(b) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(c) The name of Ogodei's horse.
(d) Ogodei's store of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
2. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
3. How did Toregene die?
4. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
5. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)