|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Yelu Chucai.
(b) Mahmud Yalavach.
(c) Arghun Aqa.
(d) Ahmad Fanakati.
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(b) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(c) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(d) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
3. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Tatars.
(b) The Naiman.
(c) The Kereyid.
4. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Traveled with the men.
(b) Drank with Ogodei.
(c) Kept the home.
(d) Managed the empire.
5. What was Kerchagan?
(a) The name of Ogodei's horse.
(b) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
(c) Ogodei's store of wine.
(d) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
2. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
3. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
4. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)