|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
2. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(b) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
(c) Learn the ways of a herder.
(d) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
3. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 100,000 sheets of paper.
(b) 1,000 yards of silk.
(c) 1,000 sheets of paper.
(d) 100,00 yards of silk.
4. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Earth and sky.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Light and Dark.
(d) Right and wrong.
5. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
2. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
3. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
4. When was Genghis Khan born?
5. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)