|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Warring Queens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(b) Putting children in catapults.
(d) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
2. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(c) Batu Khan.
(d) Oghul Ghaimish.
3. What was Kerchagan?
(a) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
(b) Ogodei's store of wine.
(c) The name of Ogodei's horse.
(d) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
4. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(b) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(c) He rode his horse to the throne.
(d) He walked on the hands of his followers.
5. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A warrior to fight every battle.
(b) A village to remain at peace.
(c) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(d) A village to defend themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
2. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
3. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
4. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
5. What is airak?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)