|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(b) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(c) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(d) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
2. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(c) The old woman of the tribe.
3. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(b) Written and in rhyme.
(c) Orders were written.
(d) Orally and in rhyme.
4. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Chinggis Khan.
(b) Ong Khan.
(d) Genghis Khan.
5. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(b) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
(c) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(d) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
2. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
3. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
4. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
5. When was Borte's first son born?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)