|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The people of India.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Korean people.
2. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(b) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
3. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) Earth and sky.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Light and Dark.
4. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(b) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(c) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
(d) Temujin had each man light five fires.
5. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is deflecting from society.
(b) He is just getting undressed.
(c) He is challenging the Gods.
(d) It removes his identity and strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
2. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
3. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
4. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
5. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)