|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
2. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They put it under their saddles.
(b) They ate it raw.
(c) They dipped it in alcohol.
(d) They did not eat meat, only grains.
3. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) Ong Khan.
(c) The Merkid.
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Yelu Chucai.
(b) Ahmad Fanakati.
(c) Arghun Aqa.
(d) Mahmud Yalavach.
5. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 1,000 yards of silk.
(b) 100,00 yards of silk.
(c) 1,000 sheets of paper.
(d) 100,000 sheets of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
2. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
3. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
4. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
5. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)