|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was depressed.
(b) Borte was disfigured.
(c) Borte was pregnant.
(d) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
2. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
3. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is just getting undressed.
(b) It removes his identity and strength.
(c) He is deflecting from society.
(d) He is challenging the Gods.
5. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
(a) Their advanced technology.
(b) Their military prowess.
(c) Their control over goods from China.
(d) Their superior politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
2. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
3. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
4. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
5. What is naadam?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)