|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(b) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(c) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(d) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
2. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
(b) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
(c) Learn the ways of a herder.
(d) Learn the ways of a hunter.
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
(a) The Koreans.
(b) The people of Pakistan.
(c) The British.
(d) The people of India.
4. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian council.
(b) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(c) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(d) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
5. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) In the back.
(b) To the right.
(c) In the center.
(d) To the left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
2. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
3. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
4. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
5. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)