|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) I die in glory for the Khan.
(b) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
(c) Eternal Blue Sky.
(d) Glory to the Great Khan.
2. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Fighting with her new husband.
(b) Waiting for Temujin.
(c) In the Merkid camp.
(d) On a cart, sent away from battle.
3. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(c) The cavalry.
(d) Axe Throwers.
4. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
(a) He turned to the south and spat on the ground.
(b) He maimed the envoy.
(c) He discussed his options with the envoy.
(d) He killed the envoy.
5. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
2. Who was Temujin descended from?
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
4. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
5. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)