|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) In the center.
(b) To the left.
(c) To the right.
(d) In the back.
2. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
(a) A seing kit.
(b) A tent.
(d) A lasso.
3. When was Borte's first son born?
4. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Hymalian mountains.
(b) The Gobi desert.
(c) The Nile river.
(d) The Caspian Sea.
5. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(b) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(c) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(d) A traditional Mongolian council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Temujin descended from?
2. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
3. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
4. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
5. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)