|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
(a) He turned to the south and spat on the ground.
(b) He killed the envoy.
(c) He maimed the envoy.
(d) He discussed his options with the envoy.
2. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
3. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
(a) The sultan of Delhi.
(b) The Persians.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) Jalal al-Din.
4. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(b) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(c) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(d) He rode his horse to the throne.
5. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Jurched.
(b) The Tangut.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Sung.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
2. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
3. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
4. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
5. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)