|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Borte's first son born?
2. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(b) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
(c) Learn the ways of a herder.
(d) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
3. What religion did the Mongols practice?
4. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
5. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(b) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(c) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(d) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is naadam?
2. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
3. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
4. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
5. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)