|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
2. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is deflecting from society.
(b) He is challenging the Gods.
(c) He is just getting undressed.
(d) It removes his identity and strength.
3. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(c) He rode his horse to the throne.
(d) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
4. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
5. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A warrior to fight every battle.
(b) A village to remain at peace.
(c) A village to defend themselves.
(d) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
2. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
3. When was Genghis Khan born?
4. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
5. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)