|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(b) Spirit banners.
2. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
3. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
4. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
(a) Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed.
(b) Nihat Ergün.
(c) Abdüllatif Şener.
(d) Ibn al-Athir.
5. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) The old woman of the family.
(d) Burkhan Khaldun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
4. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
5. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)