|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
(a) Jalal al-Din.
(b) The Bulgarians.
(c) The Persians.
(d) The sultan of Delhi.
2. Who was Mutugen?
(a) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(b) A leader of the Bamian.
(c) A leader of the Nishapur.
(d) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
3. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) With Ong Khan.
(b) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(d) The steppe.
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(b) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(c) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(d) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
5. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was pregnant.
(b) Borte was disfigured.
(c) Borte was depressed.
(d) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
2. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
3. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
4. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
5. Who was Temujin descended from?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)