|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
2. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(b) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(c) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(d) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
3. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(b) Standing guard.
(c) Preparing for battle.
4. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(a) In the Forbidden City.
(c) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
5. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Fighting with her new husband.
(b) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(c) Waiting for Temujin.
(d) In the Merkid camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
2. What religion did the Mongols practice?
3. When was Borte's first son born?
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
5. Who was Mutugen?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)