|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(b) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
(c) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(d) Temujin had each man light five fires.
2. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Anda the Wise.
(b) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(c) Onon the Lame.
(d) Bodonchar the Fool.
3. What religion did the Mongols practice?
4. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Korean people.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The people of India.
5. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(a) People without occupation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
2. What is a khuriltai?
3. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
4. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
5. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)