|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(b) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(c) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(d) A traditional Mongolian council.
2. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
3. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(d) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
4. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
5. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
(a) Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed.
(b) Ibn al-Athir.
(c) Nihat Ergün.
(d) Abdüllatif Şener.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
2. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
3. Who was Mutugen?
4. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
5. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)