|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) To the left.
(b) In the back.
(c) To the right.
(d) In the center.
2. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(b) The Kereyid.
(c) The Naiman.
(d) The Tatars.
3. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(b) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
4. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
5. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(a) The cavalry.
(b) Axe Throwers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
2. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
3. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
4. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
5. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)