|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He streamlined hunting rights.
(b) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(c) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(d) He legitimized all children.
2. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(b) Ong Khan.
(c) Chinggis Khan.
(d) Genghis Khan.
3. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Anda the Wise.
(b) Onon the Lame.
(c) Bodonchar the Fool.
(d) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
4. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 1,000 sheets of paper.
(b) 100,00 yards of silk.
(c) 100,000 sheets of paper.
(d) 1,000 yards of silk.
5. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He rode his horse to the throne.
(b) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(c) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(d) He walked on the hands of his followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
2. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
3. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
5. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)