|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
2. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(b) Learn the ways of a herder.
(c) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
(d) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
3. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They dipped it in alcohol.
(b) They did not eat meat, only grains.
(c) They ate it raw.
(d) They put it under their saddles.
4. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(b) Axe Throwers.
(c) The cavalry.
5. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(b) Waiting for Temujin.
(c) Fighting with her new husband.
(d) In the Merkid camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a deel?
2. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
3. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
5. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)