|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Hymalian mountains.
(b) The Gobi desert.
(c) The Caspian Sea.
(d) The Nile river.
2. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was successful.
(b) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(c) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
3. When was Genghis Khan born?
4. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
(a) Temuge Otchigen.
5. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) He recieved no formal education.
(b) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(c) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(d) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
2. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
3. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
4. What is naadam?
5. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)