|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
2. What is a deel?
(a) The canteens a soldier carries for water.
(b) The traditional Mongol robe.
(c) The saddle a Mongol rides upon.
(d) The flints a soldier carries for fire.
3. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) The Merkid.
(d) Ong Khan.
4. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(b) He attacked her.
(c) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(d) He almost attacked her.
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
2. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
3. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
5. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)