|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) The Merkid.
(b) Ong Khan.
2. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Fighting with her new husband.
(b) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(c) Waiting for Temujin.
(d) In the Merkid camp.
3. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(b) Written and in rhyme.
(c) Orally and in rhyme.
(d) Orders were written.
4. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) The old woman of the family.
(d) Burkhan Khaldun.
5. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(b) With Ong Khan.
(c) The steppe.
(d) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
4. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
5. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)