|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He almost attacked her.
(b) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(c) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(d) He attacked her.
2. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(b) In the Merkid camp.
(c) Fighting with her new husband.
(d) Waiting for Temujin.
3. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) The Lightning Formation.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(d) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
4. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Onon the Lame.
(b) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(c) Anda the Wise.
(d) Bodonchar the Fool.
5. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) The sky.
(b) The sun.
(c) The wind.
(d) His Spirit Banner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
2. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
3. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
4. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
5. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)