|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(a) Genghis Khan.
2. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(b) The old woman of the family.
(c) Burkhan Khaldun.
(d) Genghis Khan.
3. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(b) Jamuka was successful.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
4. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(b) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(c) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
(d) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
5. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(b) Standing guard.
(c) Preparing for battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
2. What people did Jebe and Khasar find amongst the Khitan people?
3. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
4. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
5. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)