|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He rode his horse to the throne.
(b) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(c) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(d) He walked on the hands of his followers.
2. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
3. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(b) Axe Throwers.
(c) The cavalry.
4. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(b) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(d) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
5. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
(a) The British.
(b) The Koreans.
(c) The people of Pakistan.
(d) The people of India.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
2. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
3. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
4. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
5. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)