|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(b) He streamlined hunting rights.
(c) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(d) He legitimized all children.
2. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(b) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(c) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(d) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
3. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Ong Khan.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) Chinggis Khan.
4. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Waiting for Temujin.
(b) In the Merkid camp.
(c) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(d) Fighting with her new husband.
5. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(a) Orders were written.
(b) Written and in rhyme.
(d) Orally and in rhyme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
2. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
3. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
4. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
5. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)