|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Naiman.
(b) The Tatars.
(d) The Kereyid.
2. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
(a) They put out the night's fires and rode on.
(b) They had a meeting and discussed the next day.
(c) They prayed to Genghis Khan.
(d) A quick reconissance of the left, right, back, and front.
3. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(b) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(c) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(d) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
4. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
5. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
(c) Walking Stick.
(d) Rain Stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
2. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
3. When was Borte's first son born?
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
5. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)