|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) In the Merkid camp.
(b) Fighting with her new husband.
(c) Waiting for Temujin.
(d) On a cart, sent away from battle.
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
(a) A quick reconissance of the left, right, back, and front.
(b) They had a meeting and discussed the next day.
(c) They put out the night's fires and rode on.
(d) They prayed to Genghis Khan.
4. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Light and Dark.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Earth and sky.
5. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(b) A traditional Mongolian council.
(c) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(d) A traditional Mongolian dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
2. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
3. What year did Genghis Khan die?
4. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
5. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)