|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
2. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
(d) The dark.
3. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(b) Spirit banners.
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(b) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(c) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(d) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
5. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian council.
(b) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(c) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(d) A traditional Mongolian dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
2. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
3. What is naadam?
4. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
5. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)