|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He streamlined hunting rights.
(b) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(c) He legitimized all children.
(d) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
2. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional games of the Mongols.
3. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(b) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(c) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(d) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
4. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) Ong Khan.
(d) The Merkid.
5. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(a) Orders were written.
(c) Orally and in rhyme.
(d) Written and in rhyme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
3. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
4. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
5. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)