|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
(a) Merge his family with Jamuka.
(b) Make an alliance with Jamuka, but remain in the mountains.
(c) Took one of Jamuka's wives as his own.
(d) Immediately overthrew Jamuka.
2. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(a) Orders were written.
(b) Orally and in rhyme.
(d) Written and in rhyme.
3. What year did Genghis Khan die?
4. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
(a) He diverted the river, but flooded his own camp instead.
(b) He diverted the river and captured the Tangut.
(c) He diverted the river but it flooded empty land.
(d) He was not able to divert the river at all.
5. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(b) Spirit banners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
2. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
3. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
4. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
5. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)