|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) In the center.
(b) To the right.
(c) In the back.
(d) To the left.
2. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
(a) He diverted the river, but flooded his own camp instead.
(b) He diverted the river but it flooded empty land.
(c) He diverted the river and captured the Tangut.
(d) He was not able to divert the river at all.
3. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
4. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
(c) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(d) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
5. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
2. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
3. What religion did the Mongols practice?
4. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
5. What is a deel?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)