|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
2. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(b) Jamuka was successful.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
3. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) Eternal Blue Sky.
(b) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
(c) Glory to the Great Khan.
(d) I die in glory for the Khan.
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(b) Boiled camel.
(c) Boiled horseflesh.
(d) Roots and bugs.
5. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
(b) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(c) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(d) Temujin had each man light five fires.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
2. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
3. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
4. What religion did the Mongols practice?
5. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)