|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
2. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is deflecting from society.
(b) He is challenging the Gods.
(c) He is just getting undressed.
(d) It removes his identity and strength.
3. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(b) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(c) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(d) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Arghun Aqa.
(b) Yelu Chucai.
(c) Mahmud Yalavach.
(d) Ahmad Fanakati.
5. What religion did the Mongols practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
2. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
3. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
4. What year did Genghis Khan die?
5. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)