|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(b) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(d) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
2. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Naiman.
(b) The Tatars.
(d) The Kereyid.
3. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(b) Fighting with her new husband.
(c) In the Merkid camp.
(d) Waiting for Temujin.
4. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Right and wrong.
(c) Earth and sky.
(d) Black and white.
5. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(a) Spirit banners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
2. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
3. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
4. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
5. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)