|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Mongol World War, 1211-1261, Chapter 4, Spitting on the Golden Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(b) Boiled horseflesh.
(c) Boiled camel.
(d) Roots and bugs.
2. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) Burkhan Khaldun.
(d) The old woman of the family.
3. When was Genghis Khan born?
4. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
(b) A tent.
(c) A lasso.
(d) A seing kit.
5. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
2. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
3. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
4. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
5. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)