|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) It removes his identity and strength.
(b) He is deflecting from society.
(c) He is just getting undressed.
(d) He is challenging the Gods.
2. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) The steppe.
(b) With Ong Khan.
(c) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(d) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
3. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(d) Genghis Khan.
4. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(d) The old woman of the tribe.
5. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(c) Spirit banners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
2. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
3. When was Borte's first son born?
4. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
5. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)