|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(b) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(c) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
2. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
(b) The dark.
3. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) His Spirit Banner.
(b) The sun.
(c) The wind.
(d) The sky.
4. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(c) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(d) 1 million yards.
5. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(b) A village to defend themselves.
(c) A warrior to fight every battle.
(d) A village to remain at peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
2. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
3. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
4. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
5. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)