|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian council.
(b) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(c) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(d) A traditional Mongolian meal.
2. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
3. When was Genghis Khan born?
4. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Waiting for Temujin.
(b) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(c) Fighting with her new husband.
(d) In the Merkid camp.
5. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(b) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(c) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(d) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
2. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
3. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
4. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
5. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)