|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Roots and bugs.
(b) Boiled camel.
(c) Boiled horseflesh.
2. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He rode his horse to the throne.
(b) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(c) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(d) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
(a) The people of India.
(b) The people of Pakistan.
(c) The British.
(d) The Koreans.
4. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(b) He legitimized all children.
(c) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(d) He streamlined hunting rights.
5. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(b) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(c) He recieved no formal education.
(d) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
2. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
3. When was Genghis Khan born?
4. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
5. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)