|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
(b) Borte was pregnant.
(c) Borte was disfigured.
(d) Borte was depressed.
2. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
3. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(b) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(c) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(d) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
4. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) The old woman of the family.
(d) Burkhan Khaldun.
5. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A warrior to fight every battle.
(b) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(c) A village to remain at peace.
(d) A village to defend themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is naadam?
2. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
3. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
4. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)