|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did the Mongols practice?
2. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(b) A village to remain at peace.
(c) A warrior to fight every battle.
(d) A village to defend themselves.
3. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(b) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(c) In the Forbidden City.
4. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
(b) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(d) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
5. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Onon the Lame.
(b) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(c) Bodonchar the Fool.
(d) Anda the Wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
2. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
3. When was Borte's first son born?
4. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
5. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)