|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(b) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(c) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(d) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
2. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) Chinggis Khan.
(d) Ong Khan.
3. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(c) 1 million yards.
(d) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
4. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) Ong Khan.
(c) The Merkid.
5. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
4. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
5. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)