|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is challenging the Gods.
(b) It removes his identity and strength.
(c) He is deflecting from society.
(d) He is just getting undressed.
2. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He streamlined hunting rights.
(b) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(c) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(d) He legitimized all children.
3. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(c) Genghis Khan.
4. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
5. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(b) A spear.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
2. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
3. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
4. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
5. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)