|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
2. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Roots and bugs.
(b) Boiled camel.
(c) Boiled horseflesh.
3. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(d) The Lightning Formation.
4. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) Ong Khan.
(c) The Merkid.
5. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He almost attacked her.
(b) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(c) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(d) He attacked her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
2. What religion did the Mongols practice?
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
4. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
5. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)