|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) The old woman of the family.
2. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
3. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(a) The Pope.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
4. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(b) The people of India.
(c) The Korean people.
(d) The Mongols.
5. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
(b) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(c) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
2. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
3. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
4. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
5. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)