|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) 1 million yards.
(b) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(c) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(d) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
2. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional games of the Mongols.
3. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was pregnant.
(b) Borte was disfigured.
(c) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
(d) Borte was depressed.
4. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(b) Ong Khan.
(c) Genghis Khan.
(d) Chinggis Khan.
5. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(b) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(c) In the Forbidden City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
4. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
5. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)