|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(b) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(c) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(d) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(b) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(c) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
(d) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
3. What year did Genghis Khan die?
4. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
(b) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(d) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
5. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
2. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
3. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
4. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
5. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)