|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(b) A traditional Mongolian council.
(c) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(d) A traditional Mongolian dress.
2. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Korean people.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The people of India.
3. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(a) Preparing for battle.
(d) Standing guard.
4. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(b) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(c) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(d) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
5. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(b) He streamlined hunting rights.
(c) He legitimized all children.
(d) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Genghis Khan die?
2. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
3. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
4. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
5. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)