|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(b) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
(c) Learn the ways of a herder.
(d) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
2. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(a) Preparing for battle.
(c) Standing guard.
3. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Light and Dark.
(c) Earth and sky.
(d) Right and wrong.
4. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional food of the Mongols.
5. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
(a) 150 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 200 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did the Mongols practice?
2. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
3. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
4. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
5. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)