|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(a) The Mongols.
(c) The Korean people.
(d) The people of India.
2. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(c) Burkhan Khaldun.
(d) The old woman of the family.
3. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
(b) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(c) Jamuka was successful.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
4. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(b) He almost attacked her.
(c) He attacked her.
(d) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
5. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Tatars.
(b) The Naiman.
(d) The Kereyid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
4. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
5. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)