|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Anda the Wise.
(b) Bodonchar the Fool.
(c) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(d) Onon the Lame.
2. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
3. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(b) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(c) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(d) A traditional Mongolian council.
4. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(b) The steppe.
(c) With Ong Khan.
(d) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
5. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(a) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(c) In the Forbidden City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
4. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
5. When was Genghis Khan born?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)