|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(b) Spirit banners.
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) Earth and sky.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Light and Dark.
3. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Tatars.
(b) The Naiman.
(d) The Kereyid.
4. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(b) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(d) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
5. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(b) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(c) In the Forbidden City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is naadam?
2. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
3. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
4. When was Genghis Khan born?
5. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)