|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Tale of Three Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(b) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(c) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(d) He recieved no formal education.
2. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) With Ong Khan.
(b) The steppe.
(c) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(d) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Burkhan Khaldun.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) The old woman of the family.
4. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
(b) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
(c) Learn the ways of a herder.
(d) Learn the ways of a hunter.
5. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(d) Spirit banners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
2. When was Borte's first son born?
3. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
4. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
5. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)