|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Tale of Three Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Waiting for Temujin.
(b) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(c) Fighting with her new husband.
(d) In the Merkid camp.
2. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is deflecting from society.
(b) He is just getting undressed.
(c) It removes his identity and strength.
(d) He is challenging the Gods.
3. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) The wind.
(b) His Spirit Banner.
(c) The sun.
(d) The sky.
4. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Anda the Wise.
(b) Onon the Lame.
(c) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(d) Bodonchar the Fool.
5. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
(b) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(c) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(d) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
2. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
3. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
4. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
5. When was Genghis Khan born?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)