|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Tale of Three Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(c) 1 million yards.
(d) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
2. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) His Spirit Banner.
(b) The wind.
(c) The sun.
(d) The sky.
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Burkhan Khaldun.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) The old woman of the family.
4. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(b) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(c) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(d) A traditional Mongolian council.
5. What religion did the Mongols practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
2. When was Genghis Khan born?
3. Who was Temujin descended from?
4. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
5. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)