|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Tale of Three Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
(a) The people of Pakistan.
(b) The British.
(c) The people of India.
(d) The Koreans.
2. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(b) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(c) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(d) A traditional Mongolian council.
3. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Anda the Wise.
(b) Bodonchar the Fool.
(c) Onon the Lame.
(d) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
4. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) 1 million yards.
(b) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(c) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(d) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
5. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(b) He recieved no formal education.
(c) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(d) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
2. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
4. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
5. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)