|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Tale of Three Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) The old woman of the family.
(d) Burkhan Khaldun.
2. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(c) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(d) 1 million yards.
3. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
4. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) The Pope.
5. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(c) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
(d) In the Forbidden City.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
2. What year did Genghis Khan die?
3. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
4. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
5. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)