|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Tale of Three Rivers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(a) In the Forbidden City.
(b) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
2. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Burkhan Khaldun.
(b) The old woman of the family.
(d) Genghis Khan.
3. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is just getting undressed.
(b) He is deflecting from society.
(c) He is challenging the Gods.
(d) It removes his identity and strength.
4. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(a) The Merkid.
(d) Ong Khan.
5. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(c) The old woman of the tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
2. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
4. Who was Temujin descended from?
5. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)