|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(b) 1 million yards.
(c) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(d) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
2. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) 106 days.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
3. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(b) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(c) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
4. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
5. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
(a) The people of Pakistan.
(b) The Koreans.
(c) The British.
(d) The people of India.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
2. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
3. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
4. How did Toregene die?
5. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)