|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Sultan versus Khan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(b) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(c) He recieved no formal education.
(d) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
2. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
3. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(c) Ong Khan.
(d) The Merkid.
4. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(b) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(c) He rode his horse to the throne.
(d) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
5. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) 1 million yards.
(c) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(d) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
2. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
3. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
4. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
5. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)