|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kerchagan?
(a) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(b) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
(c) The name of Ogodei's horse.
(d) Ogodei's store of wine.
2. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(c) The old woman of the tribe.
3. Western scholars have designated the fourteenth century as what?
(a) The Golden Age of Europe.
(b) The Silken Era.
(c) The age of the Bubonic Terror.
(d) The Pax Mongolica.
4. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
5. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
(b) A lasso.
(c) A tent.
(d) A seing kit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Kipchak?
2. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
3. What is naadam?
4. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
5. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)