|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Drank with Ogodei.
(b) Managed the empire.
(c) Traveled with the men.
(d) Kept the home.
2. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(b) He rode his horse to the throne.
(c) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(d) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
3. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
4. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
(c) They stayed exactly the same.
(d) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
5. What religion did the Mongols practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. What is a she?
3. What year was Ogodei installed?
4. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
5. What is naadam?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)