|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
(a) Borte was disfigured.
(b) Borte was pregnant.
(c) Borte was depressed.
(d) Borte deflected to the Merkids.
2. How many priests did Khubilai request the Marco brothers send to the Mongol courts?
3. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
(a) Drank with Ogodei.
(b) Managed the empire.
(c) Kept the home.
(d) Traveled with the men.
4. Who was the envoy appointed to meet King Edward the I of England?
(a) Rabban Markos.
(b) Rabban Bar Sawma
(c) Isa Kelemechi.
(d) Mar Denha I.
5. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A warrior to fight every battle.
(b) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(c) A village to remain at peace.
(d) A village to defend themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
2. What is naadam?
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
4. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
5. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)