|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
2. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Naiman.
(b) The Kereyid.
(c) The Tatars.
3. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
4. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(b) He legitimized all children.
(c) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(d) He streamlined hunting rights.
5. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(b) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(c) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(d) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
2. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
3. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
4. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
5. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)