|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was banished and starved to death.
(b) She was torured.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
2. What is a she?
(a) A group of 100 nobility.
(b) A group of about 200,000 peasants.
(c) A group of 1,000 nobility.
(d) A group of about 50,000 peasants.
3. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
4. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
(a) 100,000 tons.
(b) 150,000 tons.
(c) 327,000 tons.
(d) 210,000 tons.
5. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
(a) Goods from Europe.
(b) Information on Christianity and Jesus.
(c) A message of war.
(d) Submission from the Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
2. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
3. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
4. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
5. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)