|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(b) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(c) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(d) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
2. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
3. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
4. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(c) The Merkid.
(d) Ong Khan.
5. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) His Spirit Banner.
(b) The wind.
(c) The sky.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
2. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
3. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
5. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)