|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
(a) The Giant Family.
(b) The Great Family.
(c) The Generous Family.
(d) The Golden Family.
2. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
(b) Rinchen Zangpo.
(c) Gyalwa Karmapa.
(d) Lama Phagspa.
3. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
4. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
5. Who was the first person Guyuk attacked, in 1246, as a display of his power as khan?
(a) Friar Carpini.
Short Answer Questions
1. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
2. What is a deel?
3. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
4. When was Genghis Khan born?
5. What land did Guyuk wish to control and viewed as most important?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)