|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
2. What is airak?
(a) The special relationship between two Khan sons.
(b) The celebration dance performned by Sorkhokhtani.
(c) Fermented mare's milk.
(d) Mongolian perperation for cooking sheep.
3. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
4. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
(a) Merchants were no better than prostitutes, the Mongols kept it that way.
(b) Merchants were downgraded to criminals.
(c) They elevated merchants second to only government officials.
(d) Merchants were elevated to the rank just below religious officials.
5. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
2. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
3. How did Toregene die?
4. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
5. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)