|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's biggest critic.
(b) Ogodei's favorite son.
(c) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
(d) Ogodei's biggest rival.
2. Who called the first khuriltai after Guyuk died?
(a) Batu Khan.
(d) Oghul Ghaimish.
3. What is a paiza?
(a) A tablet worn on a chain that identified the level of a traveler.
(b) A brand of drink popular with Khubilai.
(c) The type of saddle merchants used for their mounts.
(d) An article of clothing incorporated from the Chinese culture.
4. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) The rack.
(b) Possible execution.
(c) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
5. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
(b) An ancestral temple for his family.
(c) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(d) A library to promote literacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
2. What did the Mongol women do while the men were on the battlefield?
3. What year was Ogodei installed?
4. Whom did the Toregene want to push forward as the next Great Khan?
5. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)