|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
(a) The Flaming Rain strategy.
(b) The Dog Fight strategy.
(c) The Arrow Waterfall strategy.
(d) The Bursting Star strategy.
2. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional games of the Mongols.
3. What did the Mongols believe Friar Carpini brought to them?
(a) Goods from Europe.
(b) Information on Christianity and Jesus.
(c) A message of war.
(d) Submission from the Pope.
4. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
(a) 4,000 miles.
(b) 9,000 kilometers.
(c) 14,000 kilometers
(d) 7,000 miles.
5. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
(b) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
(c) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(d) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
2. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
3. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
4. What is a she?
5. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)