|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Sorkhokhtani?
(a) The ruler of Persia.
(b) The ruler of Mongolia.
(c) The widow of Tolui and ruler of northern China and eastern Mongolia.
(d) The widow of Chaghatai and ruler of Asia and Turkestan.
2. Where was the first khuriltai called after Guyuk died?
(b) Lake Issykul.
(d) The steppe.
3. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
4. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Mongols created a system of paper money.
(b) Ogodei created a system of credit.
(c) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
(d) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
5. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
(a) The people of Pakistan.
(b) The people of India.
(c) The British.
(d) The Koreans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
2. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
3. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
4. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
5. What did the reliance on imported goods reflect in feudal Europe?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)