|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
2. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
(a) Grand Prince Yaroslav II.
(b) The Livonian Brothers.
(c) Prince Yaroslav Vsevolodovich.
(d) His Highness Alexander Navsky.
3. How many tons of goods did the Mongols move in 1329?
(a) 327,000 tons.
(b) 100,000 tons.
(c) 210,000 tons.
(d) 150,000 tons.
4. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
(a) A man's step.
(b) A bowshot.
(c) A horse's gallop.
(d) A catapult throw.
5. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
(b) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They stayed exactly the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
2. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
3. What is a she?
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
5. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)