|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
2. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(b) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(c) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(d) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
3. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
(b) A library to promote literacy.
(c) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(d) An ancestral temple for his family.
4. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
5. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(b) Genghis Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
2. In what way did the Mongols change the rank of a merchant?
3. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
4. What was the most cost-effective way for Khubilai to transport goods during his rule?
5. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)