|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
2. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(b) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(c) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(d) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
3. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
(a) It is now known as Seoul.
(b) It is now known as Shanghai
(c) It is now known as Beijing.
(d) It was destroyed in 1357.
4. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(b) He legitimized all children.
(c) He streamlined hunting rights.
(d) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
5. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Burkhan Khaldun.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) The old woman of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
2. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
3. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
4. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
5. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)