|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was torured.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) She was banished and starved to death.
(d) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
2. What was Kerchagan?
(a) The name of Ogodei's horse.
(b) Ogodei's store of wine.
(c) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(d) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
3. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
(a) Mongols created a system of paper money.
(b) Mongols hired others to carry their money.
(c) Ogodei creates a system of debit.
(d) Ogodei created a system of credit.
4. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Khubilai Khan.
(b) Arik Boke.
(c) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
(d) The Great Khan.
5. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(b) The cavalry.
(c) Axe Throwers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Borte die?
2. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
3. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
4. Who were the Kipchak?
5. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)