|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
(a) The Yellow River.
(b) The Indus River.
(c) The Aras River.
(d) The Euphrates River.
2. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
(a) He diverted the river and captured the Tangut.
(b) He diverted the river, but flooded his own camp instead.
(c) He diverted the river but it flooded empty land.
(d) He was not able to divert the river at all.
3. How many priests did Khubilai request the Marco brothers send to the Mongol courts?
4. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
(a) 106 days.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) Two years.
5. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
2. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
3. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
4. Who was Temujin descended from?
5. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)