|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
(a) The Giant Family.
(b) The Generous Family.
(c) The Great Family.
(d) The Golden Family.
2. In an effort to improve the lives of farmers and their crops, Khubilai created what office in 1261?
(a) The Office for the Stimulation of Agriculture.
(b) The Council for the Fertilization of Peat.
(c) The Soil and Seed Foundation.
(d) The Office for the Advancement of Farming.
3. What river's origin did Khubilai launch an expedition to discover in 1281?
(a) The Yellow River.
(b) The Aras River.
(c) The Euphrates River.
(d) The Indus River.
4. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
5. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Ogodei convey most of his administrative power?
2. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
3. What is naadam?
4. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
5. What religion did the Mongols practice?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)