|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
(b) More torture.
(c) They were banished.
(d) They went on parole.
2. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was successful.
(b) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
3. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He attacked her.
(b) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(c) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(d) He almost attacked her.
4. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
5. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was torured.
(b) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) She was banished and starved to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a she?
2. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
3. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
4. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
5. Who was the envoy appointed to meet King Edward the I of England?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)