|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) The Lightning Formation.
(d) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
2. How did Guyuk die?
(a) He was killed by a warring tribe.
(b) He was killed by his own torture methods.
(c) Nobody knows.
(d) He was killed by Sorkhokhtani.
3. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They ate it raw.
(b) They did not eat meat, only grains.
(c) They put it under their saddles.
(d) They dipped it in alcohol.
4. How did Toregene die?
(a) She was torured.
(b) She was flogged to death for witchcraft.
(c) She was banished and starved to death.
(d) It is unclear.
5. What did Genghis Khan do when he was asked to submit to the Jurched and the new Golden Khan?
(a) He turned to the south and spat on the ground.
(b) He maimed the envoy.
(c) He discussed his options with the envoy.
(d) He killed the envoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
2. When did Borte die?
3. How long did Guyuk serve as the Great Khan?
4. Who was the highest-ranking European delegate at Toregene's gathering in 1246?
5. Who was Temujin descended from?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)