|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
(a) A man's step.
(b) A catapult throw.
(c) A bowshot.
(d) A horse's gallop.
2. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A library to promote literacy.
(b) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
(c) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(d) An ancestral temple for his family.
3. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(b) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
(c) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
(d) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
4. When was Borte's first son born?
5. What year was Ogodei installed?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
2. How long did it take Friar Giovanni of Plano Carpini to travel to the Mongol court?
3. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
4. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
5. What is khubi?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)