|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had henchmen execute approximately thirty thousand Mongols in the 1930s?
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) The Pope.
2. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(b) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(d) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
3. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
(a) Make an alliance with Jamuka, but remain in the mountains.
(b) Merge his family with Jamuka.
(c) Immediately overthrew Jamuka.
(d) Took one of Jamuka's wives as his own.
4. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
(b) Walking Stick.
(d) Rain Stick.
5. What year did Genghis Khan die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
2. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
3. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
4. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
5. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)