|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(d) Genghis Khan.
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Right and wrong.
(d) Earth and sky.
3. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) It removes his identity and strength.
(b) He is deflecting from society.
(c) He is challenging the Gods.
(d) He is just getting undressed.
4. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
(d) The dark.
5. When a warrior dies, where does his soul go?
(a) The sky.
(b) The sun.
(c) His Spirit Banner.
(d) The wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
4. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
5. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)