|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
(a) Jamuka asked Temujin to mind the sheep.
(b) Temujin was offended by Jamuka's wife.
(c) Jamuka treated Temujin like an equal, but it wasn't enough.
(d) Temujin was called upon by Ong Khan.
2. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
(b) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(d) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
3. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He almost attacked her.
(b) He attacked her.
(c) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(d) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
4. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
5. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
2. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
4. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
5. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)