|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He streamlined hunting rights.
(b) He legitimized all children.
(c) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(d) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
2. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) With Ong Khan.
(b) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(d) The steppe.
3. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was successful.
(b) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(d) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
4. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
5. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
(b) 1 million yards.
(c) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(d) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Genghis Khan die?
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
3. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
4. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
5. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)