|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(b) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(c) He attacked her.
(d) He almost attacked her.
2. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled camel.
(b) Roots and bugs.
(c) Boiled horseflesh.
3. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Earth and sky.
(d) Right and wrong.
4. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
(b) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(c) Learn the ways of a herder.
(d) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
2. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
3. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
5. What religion did the Mongols practice?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)