|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(b) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(d) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
2. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(b) He recieved no formal education.
(c) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(d) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
3. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Learn the ways of a herder.
(b) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(c) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
(d) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
4. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Bodonchar the Fool.
(b) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(c) Anda the Wise.
(d) Onon the Lame.
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
2. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
3. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
5. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)