|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) The old woman of the family.
2. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Waiting for Temujin.
(b) In the Merkid camp.
(c) Fighting with her new husband.
(d) On a cart, sent away from battle.
3. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(b) Standing guard.
(d) Preparing for battle.
4. How did Plano di Carpini explain Genghis Khan's death?
(a) He said Genghis Khan was struck by lightning.
(b) He said Genghis Khan was poisoned.
(c) He said Genghis Khan was killed by a magical spell.
(d) He said Genghis Khan was wounded by an arrow.
5. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was different about Borte, once she was rescued?
2. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
3. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
4. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
5. Who prompted the break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)