|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
(b) In the Forbidden City.
(c) A Buddhist monastery in central Mongolia.
2. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
(b) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(c) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(d) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
3. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(b) Anda the Wise.
(c) Bodonchar the Fool.
(d) Onon the Lame.
4. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
5. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional food of the Mongols.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
2. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
3. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
4. Which profession had to pay taxes under Genghis Khan?
5. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)