|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
2. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(b) Spirit banners.
3. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(b) A traditional Mongolian council.
(c) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(d) A traditional Mongolian meal.
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is challenging the Gods.
(b) He is just getting undressed.
(c) He is deflecting from society.
(d) It removes his identity and strength.
5. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
(a) Downstream in the Kherlen River.
(b) The steppe.
(c) With Ong Khan.
(d) The forest of Mount Burkhan Khaldun.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Genghis Khan born?
2. What is another name for a Spirit Banner?
3. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
4. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
5. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)