|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Burkhan Khaldun.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) The old woman of the family.
2. Who fashioned the borders of Korea and India?
(b) The people of India.
(c) The Korean people.
(d) The Mongols.
3. For how long, after Genghis Khan's death, did his empire continue to grow?
(a) 200 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) 50 years.
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is just getting undressed.
(b) It removes his identity and strength.
(c) He is challenging the Gods.
(d) He is deflecting from society.
5. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was successful.
(b) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a khuriltai?
2. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
3. Previous to 1937, where was Genghis Khan's soul?
4. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
5. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)