|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At its height, how expansive was the Mongol Empire?
(a) Exactly 900,000 square miles.
(b) Between 11 and 12 million square miles.
(c) 1 million yards.
(d) Approximatly 7 million square miles.
2. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
(a) Genghis Khan went to school as an adult, to catch up.
(b) He traveled to learn from a teacher when he was a teenager.
(c) Genghis Khan took a few years of classes in his village.
(d) He recieved no formal education.
3. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A spear.
(b) A knife.
(d) A sword.
4. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(b) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(d) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
5. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(b) A village to remain at peace.
(c) A village to defend themselves.
(d) A warrior to fight every battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
2. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
3. Who drove the Mongols out of power in India?
4. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
5. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)