|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(c) Spirit banners.
2. What does the wind in the horsehair of a Spirit Banner inspire?
(a) A village to remain at peace.
(b) A village to defend themselves.
(c) A warrior to pursue his destiny.
(d) A warrior to fight every battle.
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) Burkhan Khaldun.
(d) The old woman of the family.
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is challenging the Gods.
(b) He is just getting undressed.
(c) He is deflecting from society.
(d) It removes his identity and strength.
5. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Onon the Lame.
(b) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(c) Bodonchar the Fool.
(d) Anda the Wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Genghis Khan born?
2. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
3. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
4. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
5. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)