|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(b) Onon the Lame.
(c) Anda the Wise.
(d) Bodonchar the Fool.
2. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is challenging the Gods.
(b) He is deflecting from society.
(c) It removes his identity and strength.
(d) He is just getting undressed.
3. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
(a) Make an alliance with Jamuka, but remain in the mountains.
(b) Immediately overthrew Jamuka.
(c) Merge his family with Jamuka.
(d) Took one of Jamuka's wives as his own.
4. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(b) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(c) The Lightning Formation.
(d) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
5. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(b) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(c) Jamuka was successful.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, what was Genghis Khan afraid of?
2. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
3. What kind of education did Genghis Khan receive?
4. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
5. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)