|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, War of the Khans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(b) Spirit banners.
2. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(b) A traditional Mongolian dress.
(c) A traditional Mongolian council.
(d) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
3. Who killed Genghis Khan's older half-brother?
(a) Genghis Khan.
4. What religion did the Mongols practice?
5. Who was Temujin descended from?
(a) Onon the Lame.
(b) Khorkhonag the Mighty.
(c) Anda the Wise.
(d) Bodonchar the Fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is naadam?
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
4. What does a Spirit Banner proclaim?
5. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)