Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fiber did Khubilai wish to promote by the creation of an aptly named Bureau in 1289?
2. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
3. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A courthouse to uphold Chinese law.
(b) An ancestral temple for his family.
(c) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(d) A library to promote literacy.
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(b) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
(c) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(d) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
5. What was Kerchagan?
(a) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(b) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
(c) The name of Ogodei's horse.
(d) Ogodei's store of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
2. What is khubi?
3. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
4. What is a khuriltai?
5. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)