Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Their Golden Light.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a modern map, how many countries did Genghis Khan conquer?
2. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
(a) It was destroyed in 1357.
(b) It is now known as Beijing.
(c) It is now known as Seoul.
(d) It is now known as Shanghai
3. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
(a) 1202, the Year of the Rooster.
(b) 1200, the Year of the Llama.
(c) 1206, the Year of the Bear.
(d) 1204, the Year of the Rat.
4. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
5. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) The old woman of the family.
(d) Burkhan Khaldun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was ruler of the central steppe, during Khubilai's reign?
2. How far did the envoy travel to see King Edward the I of England?
3. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
4. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
5. Western scholars have designated the fourteenth century as what?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)