|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Light and Dark.
(b) Right and wrong.
(c) Earth and sky.
(d) Black and white.
2. What is a khuriltai?
(a) A traditional Mongolian meal.
(b) A traditional Mongolian council.
(c) A traditional Mongolian wedding.
(d) A traditional Mongolian dress.
3. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He legitimized all children.
(b) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(c) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(d) He streamlined hunting rights.
4. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
5. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
(c) The Merkid.
(d) Ong Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
2. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
3. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
4. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
5. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)