|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Mahmud Yalavach.
(b) Ahmad Fanakati.
(c) Arghun Aqa.
(d) Yelu Chucai.
2. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
3. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
(a) Jalal al-Din.
(b) The sultan of Delhi.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) The Persians.
4. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
5. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is deflecting from society.
(b) He is just getting undressed.
(c) He is challenging the Gods.
(d) It removes his identity and strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a deel?
2. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
3. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
5. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)