|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kerchagan?
(a) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(b) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
(c) Ogodei's store of wine.
(d) The name of Ogodei's horse.
2. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
(a) Earth and sky.
(b) Right and wrong.
(c) Light and Dark.
(d) Black and white.
3. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
(c) Spirit banners.
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Ahmad Fanakati.
(b) Yelu Chucai.
(c) Mahmud Yalavach.
(d) Arghun Aqa.
5. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sword.
(d) A spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
2. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
3. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
4. What was the shared name of the three princes who commanded the Christian cities of the plain in 1223?
5. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)