|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled camel.
(c) Roots and bugs.
(d) Boiled horseflesh.
2. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Sung.
(b) The Tangut.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Jurched.
3. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
4. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(b) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(c) He attacked her.
(d) He almost attacked her.
5. After their split in 1181, what year did Temujin decide he wanted the title of khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
2. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
3. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
4. When did Borte die?
5. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)