|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(b) In the Merkid camp.
(c) Waiting for Temujin.
(d) Fighting with her new husband.
2. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
3. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(b) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(c) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(d) Putting children in catapults.
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) It removes his identity and strength.
(b) He is just getting undressed.
(c) He is challenging the Gods.
(d) He is deflecting from society.
5. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1235, what was the most notable thing Ogodei had accomplished?
2. When did Borte die?
3. Who was Shiremun?
4. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
5. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)