|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
2. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
(b) Temuge Otchigen.
3. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Hymalian mountains.
(b) The Nile river.
(c) The Gobi desert.
(d) The Caspian Sea.
4. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
5. What is a deel?
(a) The saddle a Mongol rides upon.
(b) The traditional Mongol robe.
(c) The canteens a soldier carries for water.
(d) The flints a soldier carries for fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
2. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
3. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
4. What were Mongol soldiers forbidden to speak about?
5. What did Ogodei make the centerpiece of the palace?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)