|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(b) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(c) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
(d) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
2. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(a) Orally and in rhyme.
(b) Orders were written.
(c) Written and in rhyme.
3. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
(a) To the left.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the center.
(d) To the right.
4. What was Kerchagan?
(a) Ogodei's store of wine.
(b) The name of the plan to overthrow Ogodei.
(c) Ogodei's private residence for his family.
(d) The name of Ogodei's horse.
5. What unit made up the entire Mongol army?
(b) The cavalry.
(c) Axe Throwers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
4. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
5. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)