|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(b) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(d) Putting children in catapults.
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(b) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(c) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(d) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
3. Who were the Kipchak?
(a) Chineese warriors.
(b) Indian shaman.
(c) Persian monks.
(d) Turkic tribes.
4. What does it mean for a Mongol to remove his sash or belt?
(a) He is just getting undressed.
(b) It removes his identity and strength.
(c) He is deflecting from society.
(d) He is challenging the Gods.
5. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
(a) Learn the ways of a hunter.
(b) Nothing, Temujin's way of life was just the same as before.
(c) Learn the ways of a herder.
(d) Overpower Jamuka's followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
2. Under the kinship hierarchy, what is each linage known by?
3. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
4. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
5. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)