|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(b) Genghis Khan.
(c) Chinggis Khan.
(d) Ong Khan.
2. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) The Lightning Formation.
(b) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(c) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(d) He used archers to wound from remote places.
3. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
(a) Their control over goods from China.
(b) Their superior politicians.
(c) Their military prowess.
(d) Their advanced technology.
4. What were the last words of a fallen Mongol soldier?
(a) I die in glory for the Khan.
(b) Glory to the Great Khan.
(c) All honor to Ghengis Khan.
(d) Eternal Blue Sky.
5. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(b) Preparing for battle.
(d) Standing guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
2. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
3. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
4. How did the Mongols traditionally begin and measure construction?
5. What land did Subodei wish to invade, when he was about sixty?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)