|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
(a) A tent.
(b) A seing kit.
(d) A lasso.
2. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A spear.
(b) A sword.
(d) A knife.
3. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(b) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(c) Temujin had each man light five fires.
(d) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
4. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They dipped it in alcohol.
(b) They put it under their saddles.
(c) They did not eat meat, only grains.
(d) They ate it raw.
5. Where was Borte when Temujin raided the Merkids?
(a) Fighting with her new husband.
(b) Waiting for Temujin.
(c) On a cart, sent away from battle.
(d) In the Merkid camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. Whom did Temujin ask for help, after the kidnapping of Borte?
4. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
5. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)