|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(b) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(c) The Lightning Formation.
(d) The Tumbleweed Formation.
2. How many flights of stairs led to Ogodei's throne?
3. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
(a) The Hymalian mountains.
(b) The Nile river.
(c) The Gobi desert.
(d) The Caspian Sea.
4. Who was one of the most valuable resources to come of the Khitan people?
(a) Arghun Aqa.
(b) Mahmud Yalavach.
(c) Ahmad Fanakati.
(d) Yelu Chucai.
5. How did Ogodei influence merchants to seek him out?
(a) Ogodei often paid twice as much as the asking price.
(b) Ogodei would punish the families of the merchants who didn't seek him out.
(c) Ogodei would kill merchants who didn't seek him out.
(d) Ogodei adopted many merchants into his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
2. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
3. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
4. What is naadam?
5. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)