|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gem was most admired by the Mongol peoples?
2. What happened the first time Genghis Khan diverted the Yellow River to flood the Tangut?
(a) He was not able to divert the river at all.
(b) He diverted the river and captured the Tangut.
(c) He diverted the river, but flooded his own camp instead.
(d) He diverted the river but it flooded empty land.
3. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The Jurched.
(c) The Sung.
(d) The Tangut.
4. What gave the Jurched power over the steppe?
(a) Their military prowess.
(b) Their control over goods from China.
(c) Their superior politicians.
(d) Their advanced technology.
5. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mutugen?
2. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
4. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
5. What two parts did the Mongols divide the natural world into?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)