|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
(a) A tent.
(b) A lasso.
(d) A seing kit.
2. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
3. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(b) He legitimized all children.
(c) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(d) He streamlined hunting rights.
4. When did Borte die?
(a) Between 1219 and 1224
(c) Between 1220 and 1223.
5. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
(a) Abdüllatif Şener.
(b) Ibn al-Athir.
(c) Nihat Ergün.
(d) Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable geographical area did Genghis Khan have to cross to get to the Jurched in 1211?
2. Where did Temujin hide when he was raided by the Merkids?
3. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
4. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
5. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)