|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(b) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
(c) Jamuka was successful.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
2. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They did not eat meat, only grains.
(b) They put it under their saddles.
(c) They ate it raw.
(d) They dipped it in alcohol.
3. At the beginning of chapter two, who first heard the sound of horse hooves of the Merkids hitting the ground?
(a) The old woman of the family.
(b) Burkhan Khaldun.
(c) Genghis Khan.
4. How were orders transmitted through the ranks?
(a) Orders were written.
(c) Orally and in rhyme.
(d) Written and in rhyme.
5. What year did the Jurched claim a new Golden Khan and demand the submission of Genghis Khan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
2. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
3. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
4. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
5. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)