|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled camel.
(c) Roots and bugs.
(d) Boiled horseflesh.
2. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(b) Jamuka was successful.
(c) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
3. Who was Shiremun?
(a) Ogodei's biggest rival.
(b) Ogodei's biggest critic.
(c) Ogodei's favorite son.
(d) Ogodei's favorite grandson.
4. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A spear.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
5. What was Temujin's first reaction when first reunited with Borte, as she grabbed his reigns?
(a) He accidentally ran her over with his horse.
(b) He attacked her.
(c) He recognized her right away and embraced her.
(d) He almost attacked her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
2. Who helped form the Mongol alliance with the Sung?
3. What was the largest kingdom in China in the thirteenth century?
4. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
5. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)