|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
2. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
(a) Preparing for battle.
(c) Standing guard.
3. When there was no time to cook, how did Mongol soldiers prepare their meat?
(a) They dipped it in alcohol.
(b) They put it under their saddles.
(c) They did not eat meat, only grains.
(d) They ate it raw.
4. Which faith did Ogodei fail to build a house for?
5. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(b) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(d) Jamuka was successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Temujin decide to break with Jamuka's clan in 1181?
2. How long did the Mongol men, women, and children separately fast and pray to decide if they were going to war with the Golden Khan and the Jurched?
3. What name did the family of Genghis Khan take around the summer of 1229?
4. When did Borte die?
5. How did Ogodei combat the bulkiness of bullion and coinage?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)