|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Discovery and Conquest of Europe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(b) Putting children in catapults.
(c) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
2. Which of the following was not carried by every soldier in the Mongol army?
(a) A seing kit.
(b) A lasso.
(c) A tent.
3. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
4. After his third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin do?
(a) Merge his family with Jamuka.
(b) Immediately overthrew Jamuka.
(c) Took one of Jamuka's wives as his own.
(d) Make an alliance with Jamuka, but remain in the mountains.
5. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 100,000 - 125,000.
(b) 50,000 - 75,000.
(c) 150,000 - 175,000.
(d) 200,000 - 215,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Resulting from this third vow of brotherhood with Jamuka, what did Temujin need to learn how to do?
2. Where in the formation did Genghis Khan ride?
3. What was the first thing the Mongol soldiers did every morning when they broke camp?
4. How did Jebe and Subodei lead the raid into Georgia?
5. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)