|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(c) People without occupation.
2. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
3. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) They stayed exactly the same.
(c) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
(d) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
4. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
5. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
2. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
3. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
4. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
5. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)