|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
(a) Rinchen Zangpo.
(b) Lama Phagspa.
(d) Gyalwa Karmapa.
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
(a) Temujin fashioned dummies and empty tents to make it appear he had more men.
(b) Temujin left a trail of destruction and litter, making it look like more men.
(c) Temujin used villagers on horseback to fill in his ranks.
(d) Temujin had each man light five fires.
3. Who influenced Ong Khan's decision in 1203 to deny Temujin?
4. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 100,000 - 125,000.
(b) 50,000 - 75,000.
(c) 200,000 - 215,000.
(d) 150,000 - 175,000.
5. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(b) Jamuka was successful.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
(d) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
2. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
3. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
4. When did Borte die?
5. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)