|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(d) The Lightning Formation.
2. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
3. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
(b) Work of art.
4. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) The Great Khan.
(b) Khubilai Khan.
(c) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
(d) Arik Boke.
5. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
2. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
3. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
4. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
5. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)