|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) They went on parole.
(b) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
(c) They were banished.
(d) More torture.
2. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Arik Boke.
(b) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
(c) The Great Khan.
(d) Khubilai Khan.
3. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
4. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(c) People without occupation.
5. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
2. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
3. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
4. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
5. Who was Mutugen?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)