|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
(a) The Bulgarians.
(b) The sultan of Delhi.
(c) The Persians.
(d) Jalal al-Din.
2. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A library to promote literacy.
(b) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(c) An ancestral temple for his family.
(d) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
3. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
(b) The Great Khan.
(c) Khubilai Khan.
(d) Arik Boke.
4. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) They went on parole.
(b) They were banished.
(c) More torture.
(d) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
5. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Naiman.
(b) The Kereyid.
(d) The Tatars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
2. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
3. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
4. Who was Mutugen?
5. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)