|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
(a) Work of art.
2. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
(b) Temuge Otchigen.
3. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) Less than 1,500.
(b) Less than 2,500.
(c) More than 3,000.
(d) More than 3,500.
4. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(c) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(d) Putting children in catapults.
5. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was successful.
(b) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(d) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
4. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
5. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)