|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 150,000 - 175,000.
(b) 200,000 - 215,000.
(c) 50,000 - 75,000.
(d) 100,000 - 125,000.
2. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
3. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(b) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(c) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(d) He rode his horse to the throne.
4. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
(a) The rack.
(c) Mongols could not declare bankruptcy.
(d) Possible execution.
5. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
2. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
3. Who was Mutugen?
4. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
5. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)