|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
2. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(b) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
(c) Putting children in catapults.
3. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(b) The Naiman.
(c) The Tatars.
(d) The Kereyid.
4. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) Less than 1,500.
(b) More than 3,500.
(c) Less than 2,500.
(d) More than 3,000.
5. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
(a) Ibn al-Athir.
(b) Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed.
(c) Abdüllatif Şener.
(d) Nihat Ergün.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
4. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
5. In 1263, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)