|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) They went on parole.
(b) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
(c) They were banished.
(d) More torture.
2. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Roots and bugs.
(b) Boiled camel.
(c) Boiled horseflesh.
3. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(b) Gold bullion.
(c) Silver bars.
(d) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
4. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
(a) 1,000 yards of silk.
(b) 1,000 sheets of paper.
(c) 100,000 sheets of paper.
(d) 100,00 yards of silk.
5. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mutugen?
2. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
3. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
4. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
5. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)