|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(b) The Lightning Formation.
(c) He used archers to wound from remote places.
(d) The Tumbleweed Formation.
3. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
(b) Silver bars.
(c) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(d) Gold bullion.
4. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
(a) It is now known as Seoul.
(b) It is now known as Shanghai
(c) It is now known as Beijing.
(d) It was destroyed in 1357.
5. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) They went on parole.
(b) More torture.
(c) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
(d) They were banished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
2. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
3. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
4. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
5. What is a she?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)