|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
(a) Ibn al-Athir.
(b) Nihat Ergün.
(c) Abdüllatif Şener.
(d) Köprülü Fazıl Ahmed.
2. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
3. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
(a) The Chinese changed the daily meetings, but kept consensus voting.
(b) They stayed exactly the same.
(c) The Chineese kept having daily meetings, but a councilor made all the decisions.
(d) They disappeared.
4. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(b) The Kereyid.
(c) The Tatars.
(d) The Naiman.
5. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
2. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
3. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
4. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
5. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)