|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
2. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(b) Roots and bugs.
(c) Boiled camel.
(d) Boiled horseflesh.
3. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
4. Genghis Khan attempted to repair the breech between Jochi and Chagahatai by assigning them to a campaign against which city?
5. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(a) People without occupation.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
2. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
3. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
4. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
5. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)