|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
2. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
(a) The sultan of Delhi.
(b) Jalal al-Din.
(c) The Persians.
(d) The Bulgarians.
3. What did Khubilai change his name to in 1264?
(a) Khubilai Khan.
(b) The Great Khan.
(c) Arik Boke.
(d) Zhiyuan, or Chih-yuan.
4. Who, of historical import, was killed in the Nishapur revolt?
(c) Genghis Khan.
5. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
(a) Temuge Otchigen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
2. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
3. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
4. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
5. What is naadam?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)