|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a she?
(a) A group of about 200,000 peasants.
(b) A group of 1,000 nobility.
(c) A group of about 50,000 peasants.
(d) A group of 100 nobility.
2. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(b) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(c) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
(d) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
3. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
4. When did Borte die?
(a) Between 1219 and 1224
(c) Between 1220 and 1223.
5. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
2. When was the final battle for control over Mongolia?
3. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
4. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
5. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)