|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A spear.
(b) A sword.
(d) A knife.
2. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
3. What year did the assigned person present Khubilai with an alphabet that could write all the languages in the world?
4. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(c) He rode his horse to the throne.
(d) He walked on the hands of his followers.
5. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
(a) Soldiers playing with severed heads like balls.
(b) Putting children in catapults.
(c) Pulling limbs off prisoners in front of their comrades.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
4. What year did Genghis Khan start out west, towards Khwarizm?
5. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)