|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
2. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(c) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(d) He rode his horse to the throne.
3. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) A public hospital for the Chinese.
(b) An ancestral temple for his family.
(c) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
(d) A library to promote literacy.
4. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Chinggis Khan.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) Ong Khan.
5. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 100,000 - 125,000.
(b) 200,000 - 215,000.
(c) 150,000 - 175,000.
(d) 50,000 - 75,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
2. What happened to the consensual councils in China, after the Mongols were no longer in power?
3. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
4. As a compromise, who was named successor to Genghis Khan?
5. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)