|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
2. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
(a) Lama Phagspa.
(b) Rinchen Zangpo.
(d) Gyalwa Karmapa.
3. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(b) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(c) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
4. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
(a) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan, but as his subordinate.
(b) Jamuka escaped, but lived as an outcast.
(c) Jamuka was accepted back into Temujin's clan as his brother.
(d) Jamuka was successful.
5. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
2. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
3. In the Khuriltai, Genghis Khan called to discuss his succession. Who was the first son invited to speak after Genghis Khan?
4. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
5. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)