|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In capturing a new city, such as those in the Khwarizm empire, whom of the following did Genghis Khan execute?
(c) People without occupation.
2. The night before his decisive battle with the Naiman, Temujin asked his soldiers to sleep soundly. What happened to many of the Naiman men?
(a) Many of the fleeing Naimen were pursued by Jamuka.
(b) Temujin lit many fires, so it would seem like he had more men.
(c) Many of the fleeing Naiman fell off a cliff.
(d) Temujin picked men off, one by one, all through the night.
3. In 1272, Khubilai began the construction of what important building?
(a) An ancestral temple for his family.
(b) A library to promote literacy.
(c) A Chinese-style imperial capital.
(d) A public hospital for the Chinese.
4. Who was Mutugen?
(a) A leader of the Nishapur.
(b) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(c) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
(d) A leader of the Bamian.
5. Realizing he made a mistake in his refusal of Temujin, Ong Khan decided to do what?
(a) Trick Temujin and kill him.
(b) Allow Temujin to marry one of his daughters.
(c) Take Temujin's daughter as a wife.
(d) Allow Jochi to marry one of his daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mongol officials demand from Korean subjects in 1221?
2. How many men did the Khwarizm have under arms when Genghis Khan showed up?
3. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
4. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
5. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)