|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
(a) Less than 2,500.
(b) More than 3,000.
(c) Less than 1,500.
(d) More than 3,500.
2. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
(a) The Bulgarians.
(b) The Persians.
(c) Jalal al-Din.
(d) The sultan of Delhi.
3. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
4. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
(b) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(c) He rode his horse to the throne.
(d) He walked on the hands of his followers.
5. In the year 1203, Temujin wished to resolve his rivalry with Jamuka and clarify his position with Ong Khan by what means?
(a) Temujin gave Ong Khan a beautiful sable fur.
(b) Temujin offered one of his daughters to Ong Khan as a wife.
(c) Temujin asked Ong Khan to marry one of his daughters.
(d) Temujin asked Ong Khan to have the khan's daughter marry Temujin's son, Jochi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
2. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
3. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
4. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
5. Who wrote "Kamil fi at-tarikh," also known as "The Complete History" or "The Perfect History?"
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)