|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temjin take the throne after the important khuriltai?
(a) He was carried one by one, by his followers, to the throne.
(b) He walked on the hands of his followers.
(c) He rode his horse to the throne.
(d) He was carried on a carpet above the heads of his followers.
2. What was the newly-named Genghis Khan's first new law?
(a) He forbade the kidnapping of women.
(b) He gave all of his people religious freedom.
(c) He streamlined hunting rights.
(d) He legitimized all children.
3. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional food of the Mongols.
4. How many schools are recorded as being created during the reign of Khubilai Khan?
5. How did Marco Polo describe the money in circulation under Khubilai?
(a) Gold bullion.
(b) Silver bars.
(c) Mulberry bark in rectangular squares.
(d) Dried leaves stamped with insignia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Khubilai send the heir of the Sung dynasty to study, so he would not rebel?
2. How did the Mongol army kill, during battle?
3. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
4. Which of the following was not a torture technique used by the famous Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa?
5. Who, in 1228, tied 400 Mongol prisoners to horses and dragged them through the streets?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)