|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mutugen?
(a) A leader of the Bamian.
(b) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
(c) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(d) A leader of the Nishapur.
2. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Ong Khan.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) Chinggis Khan.
3. How long did the joint campaign of Jochi and Chagahatai take?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
4. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
5. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
(a) The Lightning Formation.
(b) The Tumbleweed Formation.
(c) All of his units went racing to attack at once.
(d) He used archers to wound from remote places.
Short Answer Questions
1. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
2. What happened to Jamuka, after the battle between the Mongols and the Naimen?
3. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
4. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
5. How did Temujin trick the Naiman to believe he had more troops than "stars in the sky?"
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)