|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Genghis Khan get the idea to write down his laws?
(a) The Naiman.
(c) The Tatars.
(d) The Kereyid.
2. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
(b) More torture.
(c) They were banished.
(d) They went on parole.
3. What is naadam?
(a) The traditional way of throat-singing of the Mongols.
(b) The traditional food of the Mongols.
(c) The traditional games of the Mongols.
(d) The traditional songs of the Mongols.
4. When Genghis Khan finally descended upon Khwarizm, how many Mongols did he have in his command?
(a) 50,000 - 75,000.
(b) 100,000 - 125,000.
(c) 200,000 - 215,000.
(d) 150,000 - 175,000.
5. Genghis Khan attempted to teach his sons, "If you can't swallow your _____, you can't lead."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ong Khan doing as Temujin attacked him?
2. What means "strong, firm, unshakable and fearless" in Mongol?
3. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
4. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
5. How did Temujin begin his attack on the Naiman, outside of Burkhan Khaldun?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)