One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Boiled horseflesh.
(b) Roots and bugs.
(d) Boiled camel.
2. What happened when Mongol prisoners were freed after their prison sentence, under Khubilai?
(a) More torture.
(b) They went on parole.
(c) They were banished.
(d) Prisoners were always sentenced to death.
3. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) Ong Khan.
(d) Chinggis Khan.
4. Who was charged with the care of the Mongol homeland whilst Genghis Khan was campaigning in central Asia?
(d) Temuge Otchigen.
5. What weapon did Temujin use to kill Ong Khan?
(a) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
2. How many letters were in the alphabetic system that could write all the languages in the world?
3. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
4. How many criminals were executed during the three decades of Khubilai's rule?
5. What happened if a Mongol, under Khubilai, declared bankruptcy more than two times?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)