One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, the Global Awakening, 1262-1962, Chapter 8, Khubilai Khan and the New Mongol Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Mongol forces, with the help of Bayan, overtake the Sung capital of Hangzhou?
2. How did Temujin and his nineteen men survive starvation on the muddy Lake Balujna?
(a) Roots and bugs.
(b) Boiled camel.
(d) Boiled horseflesh.
3. What became of Khanbalik, also known as Dadu?
(a) It is now known as Beijing.
(b) It is now known as Shanghai
(c) It is now known as Seoul.
(d) It was destroyed in 1357.
4. What was the name Temujin chose for himself, after this important khuriltai?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(b) Chinggis Khan.
(d) Ong Khan.
5. Who was Mutugen?
(a) Chaghatai's arch-nemesis.
(b) Ghengis Khan's favorite grand-son.
(c) A leader of the Bamian.
(d) A leader of the Nishapur.
Short Answer Questions
1. "It is reported, but impossible to verify, that no ____ was censored during Khubilai's reign?"
2. What is a she?
3. Who did Khubilai assign the task of creating a single alphabet that could be used to write all the languages in the world?
4. What year did Temujin call the khuriltai that was to be "the most important ever in steppe history?"
5. Out of approximately 500 plays from the Yuan dynasty, how many survive today?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)