|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the generation type for the 13ers generation in the Millennial Cycle?
2. What year was George Washington sworn in as President?
3. Which was not an Inner-Driven era?
4. What is not a principal endowment of an Idealist generation?
5. What is a Civic's preoccupation in elderhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the attitude towards public schools in the Millennial Cycle?
2. How did the roles of Awakener women change during the Revolutionary Cycle?
3. What is the common obligation of each successive generation?
4. Define Manifest Destiny.
5. What were Jim Crow laws?
6. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
7. Describe the first social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
8. What is a generation's "morphology"?
9. Between 1850 and 1855, what famous books did Transcendental authors publish?
10. What was Black Friday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain specifically with details Figure 7-1. What is the significance of the age location in history of the Puritans, Cavaliers, Glorious, and Enlighteners?
Essay Topic 2
With their passing, the Transcendentals left America an enduring projection of their peer personality. How specifically did Transcendentals affect American thought and behavior for years to come.
Essay Topic 3
Explain with a specific example how generational awareness applies not only to where a cohort-group finds itself today, but also to where it is expected to go tomorrow.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)