|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not an American history cycle?
2. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle?
3. What is an Idealist's idea of God?
4. Who was a "son of thunder"?
5. Who gave the Northampton sermons of 1734?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the "settlement movement"?
2. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
3. What was the attitude towards public schools in the Millennial Cycle?
4. How did the roles of Awakener women change during the Revolutionary Cycle?
5. What was the "New Nutrition" of the Great Power Cycle?
6. Define Manifest Destiny.
7. What was Black Friday?
8. What was the Boom generation's only common consensus about the Vietnam conflict?
9. What happened to academic grades during the Millennial Cycle?
10. What is quantitative insight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Beginning with the Reformation Awakening, summarize the five spiritual awakenings of America. What men were rising-adult leaders during each awakening?
Essay Topic 2
Explain with a specific example how generational awareness applies not only to where a cohort-group finds itself today, but also to where it is expected to go tomorrow.
Essay Topic 3
Using Figure 4-2, take a former cycle of secular crisis to spiritual awakening in American history and report the typical and specific reactions of the four generational types on the chart during those times.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)