|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an Reactive's idea of God?
2. What is a Idealist's style of leadership?
3. What is a Reactive's preoccupation in elderhood?
4. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
5. What year was George Washington sworn in as President?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the roles of Awakener women change during the Revolutionary Cycle?
2. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
3. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
4. What are "generational endowments"?
5. What was the mood in America from the middle to late 1980s?
6. During the Great Power Cycle, what American holiday tradition was initiated?
7. What is the common obligation of each successive generation?
8. Who was Charles Finney?
9. Define Manifest Destiny.
10. What were Jim Crow laws?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and describe the four constellational eras and their moods. Specifically apply those four constellational eras to events in American history.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the correspondence between recurring patterns in generational constellations and recurring types of American historical events of the first four great periods of American crisis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the 1961 and 1964 cohort groups from information in the text and the Figure 2-1 table. Consider aptitude tests, substance abuse, violent crimes, and drunk driving.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)