|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an Reactive's idea of God?
2. What is not a principal endowment of an Adaptive generation?
3. What is a Civic's style of leadership?
4. Who was not a sample member of the G.I. generation of the Great Power Cycle?
5. Who was not a sample member of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the 1950s image of the future?
2. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
3. What was the mood in America from the middle to late 1980s?
4. What was the "settlement movement"?
5. During the Great Power Cycle, what American holiday tradition was initiated?
6. How was the Boom generation of the Millennial Cycle a generation of worsening trends?
7. What is quantitative insight?
8. What are "generational endowments"?
9. Why does the Awakener life cycle of the Revolutionary Cycle read like a prophecy?
10. Who was Charles Finney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the "Consciousness Revolution" of the Boom awakening during the Millennial Cycle? What were the events? Who were the major people involved? What was the public sentiment?
Essay Topic 2
In the midst of a Crisis Era, in the turning point years of 1937 to 1943, how did Americans view the future? What was the mentality of that view? How was the future to be accomplished? How was each generation involved?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the child nurture relationships for the four generational types. How does childhood nurture play a major role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)