|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the G.I. generation of the Great Power Cycle?
2. To which generation did Stonewall Jackson belong?
3. Which person believed in psychic phenomena?
4. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the 13ers generation during the Millennial Cycle?
5. What is a Civic's preoccupation in elderhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the 1950s image of the future?
2. What was Black Friday?
3. What was the attitude towards public schools in the Millennial Cycle?
4. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
5. What happened to academic grades during the Millennial Cycle?
6. Describe the first social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
7. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
8. What was the "settlement movement"?
9. What is quantitative insight?
10. How was the Boom generation of the Millennial Cycle a generation of worsening trends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Beginning with the Armada Crisis, summarize the five secular events which marked "the swift and sweeping change in the secular world." How did each begin? How did each end? What men were rising-adult leaders during each?
Essay Topic 2
Explain with specific detail how the Reformation Cycle's two social moments prepared for the Puritans of the Colonial Cycle.
Essay Topic 3
Beginning with the Reformation Awakening, summarize the five spiritual awakenings of America. What men were rising-adult leaders during each awakening?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)