|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an Idealist's idea of God?
2. What generation type is midlife during a Crisis era?
3. What is an Adaptive's preoccupation in elderhood?
4. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
5. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Lost generation of the Great Power Cycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is quantitative insight?
2. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
3. What is the common obligation of each successive generation?
4. Define Manifest Destiny.
5. What was the "New Nutrition" of the Great Power Cycle?
6. What was the 13er generation's composition of families during the Millennial Cycle?
7. What was the "settlement movement"?
8. During the Great Power Cycle, what American holiday tradition was initiated?
9. How did the roles of Awakener women change during the Revolutionary Cycle?
10. What was the mood in America from the middle to late 1980s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain specifically with details Figure 7-1. What is the significance of the age location in history of the Puritans, Cavaliers, Glorious, and Enlighteners?
Essay Topic 2
In the midst of a Crisis Era, in the turning point years of 1937 to 1943, how did Americans view the future? What was the mentality of that view? How was the future to be accomplished? How was each generation involved?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the correspondence between recurring patterns in generational constellations and recurring types of American historical events of the first four great periods of American crisis.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)