|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rises steeply during Outer-Driven eras?
2. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Boom generation during the Millennial Cycle?
3. How many constellational eras does a typical person experience in his or her life span?
4. What is an Idealist's preoccupation in elderhood?
5. Who was a "son of thunder"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the common obligation of each successive generation?
2. Why does the Awakener life cycle of the Revolutionary Cycle read like a prophecy?
3. What is a generation's "morphology"?
4. Define Manifest Destiny.
5. Who was Charles Finney?
6. What was the attitude towards public schools in the Millennial Cycle?
7. Between 1850 and 1855, what famous books did Transcendental authors publish?
8. How did the missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle redefine the role of women in American public life?
9. How was the Boom generation of the Millennial Cycle a generation of worsening trends?
10. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize the so-called "Second American Revolution." Who were the important people involved? What were the significant events? What was the result of the final outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Explain specifically the behavior and attitudes of the midlife phase of the Awakener lifecycle during the Revolutionary Cycle? Who were its leaders? What were their attitudes towards religion and politics?
Essay Topic 3
Explain with specific detail how the Reformation Cycle's two social moments prepared for the Puritans of the Colonial Cycle.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)