|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did New Age churches begin to rise?
2. How many Boomer men saw combat in Vietnam?
3. What was the generation type for the 13ers generation in the Millennial Cycle?
4. What is a Civic's style of leadership?
5. Who said "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a generation's "morphology"?
2. What is quantitative insight?
3. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
4. What were Jim Crow laws?
5. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
6. How did the roles of Awakener women change during the Revolutionary Cycle?
7. Between 1850 and 1855, what famous books did Transcendental authors publish?
8. What does this quote mean: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"?
9. What are "generational endowments"?
10. What was the 1950s image of the future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using Figure 4-2, take a former cycle of secular crisis to spiritual awakening in American history and report the typical and specific reactions of the four generational types on the chart during those times.
Essay Topic 2
Beginning with the Armada Crisis, summarize the five secular events which marked "the swift and sweeping change in the secular world." How did each begin? How did each end? What men were rising-adult leaders during each?
Essay Topic 3
With their passing, the Transcendentals left America an enduring projection of their peer personality. How specifically did Transcendentals affect American thought and behavior for years to come.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)