|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What generation type is rising adult during an Awakening era?
2. What is a Adaptive's style of leadership?
3. Which was not an Awakening Era?
4. What is not a principal endowment of a Reactive generation?
5. Which future President was 4 years old during the Battle of Bull Run?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are "generational endowments"?
2. How did the missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle redefine the role of women in American public life?
3. Who was Charles Finney?
4. How did the roles of Awakener women change during the Revolutionary Cycle?
5. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
6. What was the "settlement movement"?
7. What happened to academic grades during the Millennial Cycle?
8. What was Black Friday?
9. What was the Boom generation's only common consensus about the Vietnam conflict?
10. Define Manifest Destiny.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain specifically with details Figure 7-1. What is the significance of the age location in history of the Puritans, Cavaliers, Glorious, and Enlighteners?
Essay Topic 2
The text was published in 1991. What general predictions did the authors make for the remainder of the 90s? Which three generational cultures will emerge? What will their roles be?
Essay Topic 3
Using the Figure 2-2 table, thoroughly explain three lifecycle fallacies. How do these fallacies give an inaccurate view of the lifecycle?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)