|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did New Age churches begin to rise?
2. What is an Idealist's idea of God?
3. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle?
4. Which was not an Idealist lifecycle?
5. Who was not a sample member of the Missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Charles Finney?
2. How was the Boom generation of the Millennial Cycle a generation of worsening trends?
3. What are "generational endowments"?
4. What is a generation's "morphology"?
5. During the Great Power Cycle, what American holiday tradition was initiated?
6. Between 1850 and 1855, what famous books did Transcendental authors publish?
7. What was the Boom generation's only common consensus about the Vietnam conflict?
8. What happened to academic grades during the Millennial Cycle?
9. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
10. What was the mood in America from the middle to late 1980s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the Figure 2-2 table, thoroughly explain three lifecycle fallacies. How do these fallacies give an inaccurate view of the lifecycle?
Essay Topic 2
Explain and describe the four constellational eras and their moods. Specifically apply those four constellational eras to events in American history.
Essay Topic 3
List at least six significant facts about the Compromiser Generation of the Revolutionary Cycle. Why was the War of 1812 significant? How did women's roles change? What new vocabulary did they introduce? Where did they settle? What were their feelings about children? Answer these or explain any other six Compromiser facts.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)