|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the dates of the Missionary Awakening of the Great Power Cycle?
2. What is a Civic's style of leadership?
3. Which generation of the Civil War Cycle were first to be delivered by doctors rather than midwives?
4. What rises steeply during Outer-Driven eras?
5. What is a Reactive's preoccupation in elderhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define Manifest Destiny.
2. What was the "New Nutrition" of the Great Power Cycle?
3. What are "generational endowments"?
4. What was the 13er generation's attitude toward domestic activity during the Millennial Cycle?
5. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
6. Describe the first social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
7. Between 1850 and 1855, what famous books did Transcendental authors publish?
8. What is quantitative insight?
9. Describe the second social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
10. What was the "settlement movement"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List at least six significant facts about the Compromiser Generation of the Revolutionary Cycle. Why was the War of 1812 significant? How did women's roles change? What new vocabulary did they introduce? Where did they settle? What were their feelings about children? Answer these or explain any other six Compromiser facts.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the child nurture relationships for the four generational types. How does childhood nurture play a major role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
Essay Topic 3
Explain specifically with details Figure 7-1. What is the significance of the age location in history of the Puritans, Cavaliers, Glorious, and Enlighteners?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)