|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rises steeply during Outer-Driven eras?
2. What was the generation type for the Silent generation in the Great Power Cycle?
3. Which was not an Outer-Driven Era?
4. What is not a principal endowment of a Reactive generation?
5. Which generation was typically estranged from their fathers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
2. What was the attitude towards public schools in the Millennial Cycle?
3. How did the roles of Awakener women change during the Revolutionary Cycle?
4. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
5. Who was Charles Finney?
6. During the Great Power Cycle, what American holiday tradition was initiated?
7. What was the "settlement movement"?
8. What was Black Friday?
9. How did the missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle redefine the role of women in American public life?
10. Why does the Awakener life cycle of the Revolutionary Cycle read like a prophecy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List at least six significant facts about the Compromiser Generation of the Revolutionary Cycle. Why was the War of 1812 significant? How did women's roles change? What new vocabulary did they introduce? Where did they settle? What were their feelings about children? Answer these or explain any other six Compromiser facts.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the 1961 and 1964 cohort groups from information in the text and the Figure 2-1 table. Consider aptitude tests, substance abuse, violent crimes, and drunk driving.
Essay Topic 3
The text was published in 1991. What general predictions did the authors make for the remainder of the 90s? Which three generational cultures will emerge? What will their roles be?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)