|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not an American history cycle?
2. What was Harriet Tubman's nickname?
3. What generation type is elder during a Crisis era?
4. What year was George Washington sworn in as President?
5. What is a paradigm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
2. What does this quote mean: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"?
3. Between 1850 and 1855, what famous books did Transcendental authors publish?
4. Describe the first social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
5. What was the mood in America from the middle to late 1980s?
6. What was the "settlement movement"?
7. What is quantitative insight?
8. What were Jim Crow laws?
9. Describe the second social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
10. What was the attitude towards public schools in the Millennial Cycle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize the so-called "Second American Revolution." Who were the important people involved? What were the significant events? What was the result of the final outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the correspondence between recurring patterns in generational constellations and recurring types of American historical events of the first four great periods of American crisis.
Essay Topic 3
How was the Atomic Age ushered into the world? What were the events? Who were the major people involved? What was the public sentiment?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)