|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which generation was typically estranged from their fathers?
2. What 75-year old Union commander retired after Bull Run?
3. Which person believed in psychic phenomena?
4. What generation type is elder during a Crisis era?
5. When did New Age churches begin to rise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Jim Crow laws?
2. What was the attitude towards public schools in the Millennial Cycle?
3. Describe the first social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
4. How was the Boom generation of the Millennial Cycle a generation of worsening trends?
5. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
6. During the Great Power Cycle, what American holiday tradition was initiated?
7. Define Manifest Destiny.
8. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
9. Between 1850 and 1855, what famous books did Transcendental authors publish?
10. Who was Charles Finney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the correspondence between recurring patterns in generational constellations and recurring types of American historical events of the first four great periods of American crisis.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and describe the four constellational eras and their moods. Specifically apply those four constellational eras to events in American history.
Essay Topic 3
In the midst of a Crisis Era, in the turning point years of 1937 to 1943, how did Americans view the future? What was the mentality of that view? How was the future to be accomplished? How was each generation involved?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)