|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not a principal endowment of a Reactive generation?
2. Who was not a sample member of the 13ers generation during the Millennial Cycle?
3. What rises steeply during Outer-Driven eras?
4. What mood was evident in America from the late 1980s through the 1990s?
5. How many Boomer men saw combat in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this quote mean: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"?
2. How did the roles of Awakener women change during the Revolutionary Cycle?
3. What happened to academic grades during the Millennial Cycle?
4. What is quantitative insight?
5. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
6. What was the "New Nutrition" of the Great Power Cycle?
7. What was the 1950s image of the future?
8. Define Manifest Destiny.
9. Between 1850 and 1855, what famous books did Transcendental authors publish?
10. What was the "settlement movement"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the child nurture relationships for the four generational types. How does childhood nurture play a major role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
Essay Topic 2
Beginning with the Reformation Awakening, summarize the five spiritual awakenings of America. What men were rising-adult leaders during each awakening?
Essay Topic 3
In the midst of a Crisis Era, in the turning point years of 1937 to 1943, how did Americans view the future? What was the mentality of that view? How was the future to be accomplished? How was each generation involved?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)