|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Reactive's preoccupation in elderhood?
2. Which was not an Reactive lifecycle?
3. Who was not a sample member of the G.I. generation of the Great Power Cycle?
4. Who had the scars of 499 British lashes on his back?
5. What rises steeply during Outer-Driven eras?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
2. What was the 1950s image of the future?
3. What happened to academic grades during the Millennial Cycle?
4. Describe the second social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
5. What was Black Friday?
6. What was the "settlement movement"?
7. What was the "New Nutrition" of the Great Power Cycle?
8. Define Manifest Destiny.
9. What was the attitude towards public schools in the Millennial Cycle?
10. What is the common obligation of each successive generation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain specifically the behavior and attitudes of the midlife phase of the Awakener lifecycle during the Revolutionary Cycle? Who were its leaders? What were their attitudes towards religion and politics?
Essay Topic 2
How was the Atomic Age ushered into the world? What were the events? Who were the major people involved? What was the public sentiment?
Essay Topic 3
Using the Figure 2-2 table, thoroughly explain three lifecycle fallacies. How do these fallacies give an inaccurate view of the lifecycle?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)