|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
2. Who wrote Exile's Return?
3. Into what era did America move in the 1750s?
4. Who wrote The Seasons of a Man's Life?
5. Who wrote the Book of Martyrs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define life-course fallacy.
2. What other alternating patterns in American history move synchronously between the push and pull of different generations?
3. When this book was written, what were the four great periods of crisis in American history?
4. As America entered an Inner-Driven era in 1905, how did attitudes towards Lost city kids change?
5. What common milestones of life are explained in the book Passages?
6. Define the word generation as the authors see it.
7. Describe Civics during a crisis era.
8. How would the four different generational groups act if a war arose?
9. How do the authors treat their analysis of the generations?
10. What are the four generational types and their relationship to each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize the so-called "Second American Revolution." Who were the important people involved? What were the significant events? What was the result of the final outcome?
Essay Topic 2
With their passing, the Transcendentals left America an enduring projection of their peer personality. How specifically did Transcendentals affect American thought and behavior for years to come.
Essay Topic 3
What was the "Consciousness Revolution" of the Boom awakening during the Millennial Cycle? What were the events? Who were the major people involved? What was the public sentiment?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)