|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the range of the cohort lengths of all seventeen completed American generations?
2. What are the ages for midlife?
3. What lasts about a decade where people perceive current events as changing society?
4. Who was the monarch of England when the Spanish Armada was sunk?
5. Who wrote The Seasons of a Man's Life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the second social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
2. What are the central roles for the four phases of a generation?
3. How do the authors treat their analysis of the generations?
4. What does this quote mean: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"?
5. What are "generational endowments"?
6. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
7. What happened to academic grades during the Millennial Cycle?
8. How did the missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle redefine the role of women in American public life?
9. How was the Boom generation of the Millennial Cycle a generation of worsening trends?
10. Describe Civics during a crisis era.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the midst of a Crisis Era, in the turning point years of 1937 to 1943, how did Americans view the future? What was the mentality of that view? How was the future to be accomplished? How was each generation involved?
Essay Topic 2
Explain with specific detail how the Reformation Cycle's two social moments prepared for the Puritans of the Colonial Cycle.
Essay Topic 3
With their passing, the Transcendentals left America an enduring projection of their peer personality. How specifically did Transcendentals affect American thought and behavior for years to come.
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)