|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the Apollo moon landing?
2. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
3. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
4. What were the dates for the Puritan Awakening?
5. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the two social moments of the Reformation Cycle?
2. How do the authors treat their analysis of the generations?
3. Define life-course fallacy.
4. What are the timespans separating the four pivotal events of American history?
5. What are the central roles for the four phases of a generation?
6. Describe Reactives in an inner-driven era.
7. What are the four generational types and their relationship to each other?
8. Define cohort.
9. What did Cheryl Merser realize after reading the book Passages?
10. How would the four different generational groups act if a war arose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the child nurture relationships for the four generational types. How does childhood nurture play a major role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
Essay Topic 2
What was the "Consciousness Revolution" of the Boom awakening during the Millennial Cycle? What were the events? Who were the major people involved? What was the public sentiment?
Essay Topic 3
Explain with specific detail how the Reformation Cycle's two social moments prepared for the Puritans of the Colonial Cycle.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)