|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central role of elderhood?
2. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
3. How many years are there in the life cycle of one generational constellation?
4. What were the ages of the G.I. Generation on Pearl Harbor Sunday?
5. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some timeless denominators of the human lifecycle?
2. Describe Civics during a crisis era.
3. What are the four generational types and their relationship to each other?
4. What other alternating patterns in American history move synchronously between the push and pull of different generations?
5. Describe Adaptives during an outer-driven era.
6. What is peer personality?
7. Define life-course fallacy.
8. Describe Reactives in an inner-driven era.
9. How is Gallows Hill near Salem, Massachusetts significant?
10. How were the Civics of the Glorious Generation in the Colonial Cycle looked on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain with specific detail how the Reformation Cycle's two social moments prepared for the Puritans of the Colonial Cycle.
Essay Topic 2
Using Figure 4-2, take a former cycle of secular crisis to spiritual awakening in American history and report the typical and specific reactions of the four generational types on the chart during those times.
Essay Topic 3
Using the Figure 2-2 table, thoroughly explain three lifecycle fallacies. How do these fallacies give an inaccurate view of the lifecycle?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)