|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer is not a generational type?
2. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
3. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
4. What are children living home after college called?
5. Who led true Protestant believers to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some timeless denominators of the human lifecycle?
2. How did the young Adaptive generation of those under 18 years respond to the Colonial Cycle?
3. Define cohort.
4. How is the authors' approach to defining American generations different from most other scholars?
5. What is a generational constellation?
6. What did Cheryl Merser realize after reading the book Passages?
7. Describe Civics during a crisis era.
8. Describe Adaptives during an outer-driven era.
9. What was the attitude towards children from the mid-1960s through the early 1980s?
10. Describe Reactives in an inner-driven era.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using Figure 4-2, take a former cycle of secular crisis to spiritual awakening in American history and report the typical and specific reactions of the four generational types on the chart during those times.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the child nurture relationships for the four generational types. How does childhood nurture play a major role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
Essay Topic 3
The text was published in 1991. What general predictions did the authors make for the remainder of the 90s? Which three generational cultures will emerge? What will their roles be?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)