|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decade did Sesame Street first affect?
2. What are the ages for midlife?
3. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
4. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
5. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define life-course fallacy.
2. Describe Civics during a crisis era.
3. How did the young Adaptive generation of those under 18 years respond to the Colonial Cycle?
4. Define the word generation as the authors see it.
5. What are some timeless denominators of the human lifecycle?
6. What are the timespans separating the four pivotal events of American history?
7. What common milestones of life are explained in the book Passages?
8. Define the fallacy of cohort-centrism.
9. How do the authors treat their analysis of the generations?
10. To whom did Americans turn during all four of its secular crises?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize the so-called "Second American Revolution." Who were the important people involved? What were the significant events? What was the result of the final outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Explain specifically with details Figure 7-1. What is the significance of the age location in history of the Puritans, Cavaliers, Glorious, and Enlighteners?
Essay Topic 3
What was the "Consciousness Revolution" of the Boom awakening during the Millennial Cycle? What were the events? Who were the major people involved? What was the public sentiment?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)