|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose Presidential bid failed in 1824?
(a) Thomas Hardy.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Winfield Scott.
(d) Alexander Riddle.
2. What rises steeply during Awakening eras?
(a) Birth rates.
(b) Substance abuse.
(d) Military enlistments.
3. Which was not a Crisis Era?
(a) American Revolution.
(b) Glorious Revolution.
(c) World War I, Prohibition.
(d) Depression, WWII.
4. What 75-year old Union commander retired after Bull Run?
(a) Winfield Scott.
(b) Alexander Stevens.
(c) Thomas Riddle.
(d) Nat Turner.
5. Which person believed in psychic phenomena?
(a) Cyrus McCormick.
(b) Dorathea Dix.
(c) Mary Baker Eddy.
(d) Mary Todd Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not an Idealist lifecycle?
2. What is an Civic's idea of God?
3. In the late 1960s, who found a strong tie between young men and their mothers?
4. How many new churches are credited to the Great Awakening during the Revolutionary Cycle?
5. What is not a principal endowment of an Idealist generation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Charles Finney?
2. What was the attitude towards public schools in the Millennial Cycle?
3. What were Jim Crow laws?
4. What is the common obligation of each successive generation?
5. What was the Boom generation's only common consensus about the Vietnam conflict?
6. Describe the first social moment of the Revolutionary Cycle.
7. What was the 13er generation's attitude toward domestic activity during the Millennial Cycle?
8. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
9. How did the missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle redefine the role of women in American public life?
10. What is a generation's "morphology"?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)