|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was not a Crisis Era?
(a) American Revolution.
(b) Glorious Revolution.
(c) World War I, Prohibition.
(d) Depression, WWII.
2. What 75-year old Union commander retired after Bull Run?
(a) Alexander Stevens.
(b) Winfield Scott.
(c) Nat Turner.
(d) Thomas Riddle.
3. What book contained "The Dutiful Child's Prayer"?
(a) Presbyterian Cathecism.
(b) The Common Book of Prayer.
(c) New England Primer.
(d) A Family Well Ordered.
4. In 1741, who did the Boston Evening Post report to be a "madman just broke from his chains"?
(a) Jonathan Mayhew.
(b) James Davenport.
(c) William Tennent.
(d) Richard Bushman.
5. Who was not a sample member of the Lost generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) Geroge Patton.
(c) Orville Wright.
(d) Earl Warren.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not an Adaptive lifecycle?
2. Which was not an Outer-Driven Era?
3. What word was not coined during the Civil War Cycle?
4. The present day suburb of what city was the location for the Battle of Bull Run?
5. What is an Idealist's preoccupation in elderhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the "New Nutrition" of the Great Power Cycle?
2. Between 1850 and 1855, what famous books did Transcendental authors publish?
3. What was the 13er generation's composition of families during the Millennial Cycle?
4. What was the mood in America from the middle to late 1980s?
5. What was the "settlement movement"?
6. What are "generational endowments"?
7. What does this quote mean: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"?
8. What is a generation's "morphology"?
9. What was Black Friday?
10. What was the 1950s image of the future?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)