|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late 1960s, who found a strong tie between young men and their mothers?
2. Who said "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes"?
(a) William Prescott.
(b) Samuel Langston.
(c) John Quicny Adams.
(d) Charles Chauncy.
3. What is a Civic's style of leadership?
(a) Grand, expansive.
(b) Process fixated, pluralistic.
(c) Righteous, austere.
(d) Pragmatic, cautious.
4. Who was not a Transcendental generation American President?
(a) Millard Fillmore.
(b) Franklin Pierce.
(c) James Polk.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
5. Which person believed in psychic phenomena?
(a) Dorathea Dix.
(b) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(c) Cyrus McCormick.
(d) Mary Baker Eddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not an Civic lifecycle?
2. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
3. Who gave the Northampton sermons of 1734?
4. Which was not a Crisis Era?
5. What rises steeply during Outer-Driven eras?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle redefine the role of women in American public life?
2. What was the 1950s image of the future?
3. What was the "settlement movement"?
4. Why does the Awakener life cycle of the Revolutionary Cycle read like a prophecy?
5. What does this quote mean: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"?
6. What is a generation's "morphology"?
7. What are "generational endowments"?
8. What is the common obligation of each successive generation?
9. What was Black Friday?
10. What are the time periods for the authors' predicted two future social moments?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)