|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a sample member of the Great Power cycle of American history?
(a) Newt Gingrich.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Walter Mondale.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
2. When did Charles I take England's throne?
3. How many years were there from the Awakening to the End of Crisis in the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
4. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
5. What is the central role of midlife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which generation types was Martin Luther?
2. Into what era did America move in the 1750s?
3. What were the ages of the G.I. Generation on Pearl Harbor Sunday?
4. What would an examination of cohort groups not be likely to predict?
5. What answer is not a generational type?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the timespans separating the four pivotal events of American history?
2. How were the Civics of the Glorious Generation in the Colonial Cycle looked on?
3. How is the authors' approach to defining American generations different from most other scholars?
4. Describe Adaptives during an outer-driven era.
5. As America entered an Inner-Driven era in 1905, how did attitudes towards Lost city kids change?
6. What was the attitude towards children from the mid-1960s through the early 1980s?
7. How do the authors treat their analysis of the generations?
8. Define cohort.
9. What are the four generational types and their relationship to each other?
10. When this book was written, what were the four great periods of crisis in American history?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)