|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around 1900, what were wagons and streetcars responsible for?
(a) The rise in crime.
(b) The increase in distribution of goods.
(c) The speed of city living.
(d) The death of lost city kids.
2. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
3. What is a set of collective behavioral traits expressed throughout a generation's lifecycle?
(a) Constellation attitude.
(b) Generations distinctives.
(c) Peer personaltity.
(d) Newsreel behavior.
4. What alternates between secular crises and spiritual awakenings?
(a) Interactive critcal events.
(b) Generational phases.
(c) Social Moments.
(d) Corresponding idealism.
5. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
(a) Spiritual awakening.
(b) Secular crisis.
(c) Social moment.
(d) Consciousness Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which generation types was Martin Luther?
2. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
3. What Englishman made a three year trip around the world?
4. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
5. How many distinct types of peer personalities recur in each lifecycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the four phases of one generation?
2. Define the fallacy of cohort-centrism.
3. Describe Adaptives during an outer-driven era.
4. What did Cheryl Merser realize after reading the book Passages?
5. Define cohort.
6. How would the four different generational groups act if a war arose?
7. What other alternating patterns in American history move synchronously between the push and pull of different generations?
8. How is the authors' approach to defining American generations different from most other scholars?
9. How is Gallows Hill near Salem, Massachusetts significant?
10. What kind of childhood did Reactive generations have?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)