|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the dates for the Puritan Awakening?
2. What were the ages of the G.I. Generation on Pearl Harbor Sunday?
3. Who was the monarch of England when the Spanish Armada was sunk?
(b) James I.
(c) Mary I.
4. What was the American population during the colonial cycle of history?
5. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1970s, what image did movie makers emphasis?
2. What is the range of the cohort lengths of all seventeen completed American generations?
3. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
4. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
5. What was one of the social moments of the Colonial Cycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the word generation as the authors see it.
2. What are the four phases of one generation?
3. What common milestones of life are explained in the book Passages?
4. When this book was written, what were the four great periods of crisis in American history?
5. What other alternating patterns in American history move synchronously between the push and pull of different generations?
6. Define life-course fallacy.
7. To whom did Americans turn during all four of its secular crises?
8. How were the Civics of the Glorious Generation in the Colonial Cycle looked on?
9. What is a generational constellation?
10. What kind of childhood did Reactive generations have?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)