|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
2. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
3. What lasts about a decade where people perceive current events as changing society?
(a) A social moment.
(b) A burgeoning new organization.
(c) A natural disaster.
(d) A crisis.
4. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Richard Nixon.
5. At what age does the book Passages suggest a midlife crisis?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the authors choose the length of a generation?
2. What answer is not a generational type?
3. Who was the monarch of England when the Spanish Armada was sunk?
4. What did George Bush do during WWII?
5. How many years were there from the Awakening to the End of Crisis in the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cheryl Merser realize after reading the book Passages?
2. What are the timespans separating the four pivotal events of American history?
3. What are the four phases of one generation?
4. How do the authors treat their analysis of the generations?
5. What are the four generational types and their relationship to each other?
6. How were the Civics of the Glorious Generation in the Colonial Cycle looked on?
7. What common milestones of life are explained in the book Passages?
8. As America entered an Inner-Driven era in 1905, how did attitudes towards Lost city kids change?
9. Describe Adaptives during an outer-driven era.
10. Define life-course fallacy.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)