|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Englishman made a three year trip around the world?
2. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
(a) Split between Republican and Democrat.
(b) Mostly Independent.
(c) Heavily Republican.
(d) Heavily Democrat.
3. Who complained that the Apollo mission gave him a "guilty conscience"?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Anthony Lewis.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
4. How many years were there from the Awakening to the End of Crisis in the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
5. Who was the monarch of England when the Spanish Armada was sunk?
(b) Mary I.
(d) James I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Passages?
2. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
3. What lasts about a decade where people perceive current events as changing society?
4. What alternates between secular crises and spiritual awakenings?
5. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
2. How would the four different generational groups act if a war arose?
3. What was the 1950s image of the future?
4. What other alternating patterns in American history move synchronously between the push and pull of different generations?
5. What is a generation's "morphology"?
6. How were the Civics of the Glorious Generation in the Colonial Cycle looked on?
7. What was the "settlement movement"?
8. Describe Idealists in an awakening era.
9. What are the timespans separating the four pivotal events of American history?
10. Why does the Awakener life cycle of the Revolutionary Cycle read like a prophecy?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)