|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the birth dates for the Reformation generation?
2. Who complained that the Apollo mission gave him a "guilty conscience"?
(a) Anthony Lewis.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
3. What are children living home after college called?
(b) Bounce back.
(c) Rubber band.
(d) Bad penny.
4. What did revolution, anarchy, war, and pestilence indicate to colonial New Englanders?
(a) That they had broken their convenant with God.
(b) That the old era was now over.
(c) That things were due to get better.
(d) That judgment was to soon come.
5. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
(a) A generation.
(b) A constellation.
(c) A lifecycle.
(d) A statistical generation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
2. What is a set of collective behavioral traits expressed throughout a generation's lifecycle?
3. How do the authors choose the length of a generation?
4. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
5. What was one of the social moments of the Colonial Cycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Klingberg's periods of activity cycle differ from the authors' of the text?
2. What is a generational constellation?
3. What kind of childhood did Reactive generations have?
4. What other alternating patterns in American history move synchronously between the push and pull of different generations?
5. Describe Adaptives during an outer-driven era.
6. Define cohort.
7. How do the authors treat their analysis of the generations?
8. Who composed the European cohort-group of 1584-1614?
9. To whom did Americans turn during all four of its secular crises?
10. What did Cheryl Merser realize after reading the book Passages?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)