|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
2. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
3. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
(a) Edmund Andros.
(b) John Hawthorne.
(c) Gray Champion.
(d) Simon Bradstreet.
4. Who led true Protestant believers to America?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Oliver Cromwell.
(c) Cotton Mather.
(d) John Winthrope.
5. What alternates between secular crises and spiritual awakenings?
(a) Interactive critcal events.
(b) Corresponding idealism.
(c) Generational phases.
(d) Social Moments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central role of youth?
2. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
3. What answer is not a generational type?
4. What year was the Apollo moon landing?
5. Who said "This is the greatest week in the history of mankind since the Creation"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some timeless denominators of the human lifecycle?
2. What other alternating patterns in American history move synchronously between the push and pull of different generations?
3. What are the four phases of one generation?
4. What are the four generational types and their relationship to each other?
5. Describe Civics during a crisis era.
6. What common milestones of life are explained in the book Passages?
7. Define the word generation as the authors see it.
8. How do the authors treat their analysis of the generations?
9. Describe Reactives in an inner-driven era.
10. Define life-course fallacy.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)