|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
2. Who wrote Grown-ups?
(a) Gail Sheehy.
(b) Cheryl Merser.
(c) Daniel Levinson.
(d) Erik Erikson.
3. What answer is not a generational type?
4. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
5. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
Short Answer Questions
1. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
2. What is the central role of youth?
3. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
4. Who said "This is the greatest week in the history of mankind since the Creation"?
5. Who said, "You don't need to be shot down from the sky to know the world is a dangerous place"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the four phases of one generation?
2. What was the Boom generation's only common consensus about the Vietnam conflict?
3. When this book was written, what were the four great periods of crisis in American history?
4. How were the Civics of the Glorious Generation in the Colonial Cycle looked on?
5. How did the roles of Awakener women change during the Revolutionary Cycle?
6. Define the word generation as the authors see it.
7. What is a generation's "morphology"?
8. During the Great Power Cycle, what American holiday tradition was initiated?
9. What was the attitude towards children from the mid-1960s through the early 1980s?
10. How did the image of the future change between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)