|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Boomer men saw combat in Vietnam?
(a) 1 in 16.
(b) 1 in 21.
(c) 1 in 10.
(d) 1 in 6.
2. What was the generation type for the Silent generation in the Great Power Cycle?
3. Which was not an Inner-Driven era?
(a) French and Indian War.
(b) Transcendental Era.
(c) World War I, Prohibition.
(d) Religious Intolerance.
4. What 75-year old Union commander retired after Bull Run?
(a) Winfield Scott.
(b) Thomas Riddle.
(c) Nat Turner.
(d) Alexander Stevens.
5. From 1946 to 1963, which test score continued to decline?
6. Which future President was 4 years old during the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Warren G. Harding.
(b) Calvin Coolidge.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
7. Who wrote the poem "Philosophic Solitude"?
(a) Samuel Finley.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) Ebenezer Pemberton.
(d) Samuel Fothergill.
8. What generation type is youth during an Awakening era?
9. Which was not an American history cycle?
(b) Civil War.
(d) Great Power.
10. Who was not a sample member of the G.I. generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) J. Edgar Hoover.
(b) Walt Disney.
(c) Bob Hope.
(d) John Wayne.
11. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) Leonid Brezhnev.
(b) John Lennon.
(c) Fidel Castro.
(d) Helmut Kohl.
12. What word was not coined during the Civil War Cycle?
13. In 1741, who did the Boston Evening Post report to be a "madman just broke from his chains"?
(a) William Tennent.
(b) Jonathan Mayhew.
(c) Richard Bushman.
(d) James Davenport.
14. What is a Civic's style of leadership?
(a) Grand, expansive.
(b) Righteous, austere.
(c) Pragmatic, cautious.
(d) Process fixated, pluralistic.
15. Who taught "our submission to the rules of reason is an obedience to God"?
(a) Charles Chauncy.
(b) John Welsey.
(c) Jonathan Edwards.
(d) Cotton Mather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which generation type was born from 1860-1882?
2. Who was not a sample member of the 13ers generation during the Millennial Cycle?
3. Whose Presidential bid failed in 1824?
4. What is a Civic's style of leadership?
5. Who was not a sample member of the Boom generation during the Millennial Cycle?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)