|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was not a sample member of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) Ted Koppel.
(b) Gore Vidal.
(c) Jimmy Stewart.
(d) Barbra Streisand.
2. Who was not a political leader of the Boom generation during the Millennial Cycle?
(a) Dan Quayle.
(b) Bill Bradley.
(c) William Bennett.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
3. What is a Adaptive's style of leadership?
(a) Righteous, austere.
(b) Pragmatic, cautious.
(c) Grand, expansive.
(d) Process fixated, pluralistic.
4. Which person believed in psychic phenomena?
(a) Mary Baker Eddy.
(b) Dorathea Dix.
(c) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(d) Cyrus McCormick.
5. From 1946 to 1963, which test score continued to decline?
6. Who was not a sample member of the Lost generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) Orville Wright.
(b) Geroge Patton.
(c) Babe Ruth.
(d) Earl Warren.
7. Who taught "our submission to the rules of reason is an obedience to God"?
(a) Cotton Mather.
(b) Jonathan Edwards.
(c) Charles Chauncy.
(d) John Welsey.
8. During the Millennial cycle, which generation made sweeping advances against childhood diseases?
9. Who was not a sample member of the G.I. generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) Bob Hope.
(b) John Wayne.
(c) J. Edgar Hoover.
(d) Walt Disney.
10. In 1741, who did the Boston Evening Post report to be a "madman just broke from his chains"?
(a) Jonathan Mayhew.
(b) Richard Bushman.
(c) James Davenport.
(d) William Tennent.
11. What 75-year old Union commander retired after Bull Run?
(a) Winfield Scott.
(b) Nat Turner.
(c) Alexander Stevens.
(d) Thomas Riddle.
12. What is not a principal endowment of an Adaptive generation?
(d) Social Justice.
13. What was Harriet Tubman's nickname?
(d) John the Baptist.
14. What generation type is midlife during a Crisis era?
15. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) Helmut Kohl.
(b) John Lennon.
(c) Leonid Brezhnev.
(d) Fidel Castro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an Idealist's preoccupation in elderhood?
2. In the late 1960s, who found a strong tie between young men and their mothers?
3. Which was not an Idealist lifecycle?
4. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Lost generation of the Great Power Cycle?
5. At the First Continental Congress, who proclaimed, "It is evil against right"?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)