|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which generation was typically estranged from their fathers?
2. What was the generation type for the Silent generation in the Great Power Cycle?
3. What is a Reactive's preoccupation in elderhood?
4. Which future President was 4 years old during the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Warren G. Harding.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Calvin Coolidge.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
5. What is an Idealist's preoccupation in elderhood?
6. Who was not a sample member of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) Ted Koppel.
(b) Gore Vidal.
(c) Jimmy Stewart.
(d) Barbra Streisand.
7. What is a Civic's style of leadership?
(a) Pragmatic, cautious.
(b) Righteous, austere.
(c) Process fixated, pluralistic.
(d) Grand, expansive.
8. What 75-year old Union commander retired after Bull Run?
(a) Thomas Riddle.
(b) Nat Turner.
(c) Alexander Stevens.
(d) Winfield Scott.
9. Who was a "son of thunder"?
(a) James Davenport.
(b) George Whitefield.
(c) Peter Oliver.
(d) Samuel Dunbar.
10. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the G.I. generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) George Orwell.
(b) Ferdinand Marco.
(c) Willy Brandt.
(d) Charles de Gaulle.
11. What year was George Washington sworn in as President?
12. What generation type is midlife during a Crisis era?
13. Which generation type was born from 1860-1882?
14. In the late 1960s, who found a strong tie between young men and their mothers?
15. What is not a principal endowment of an Adaptive generation?
(d) Social Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an Idealist's idea of God?
2. What were the dates of the Missionary Awakening of the Great Power Cycle?
3. At the First Continental Congress, who proclaimed, "It is evil against right"?
4. Which was not an Outer-Driven Era?
5. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)