|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which generation did Harry Truman belong?
2. What book contained "The Dutiful Child's Prayer"?
(a) A Family Well Ordered.
(b) The Common Book of Prayer.
(c) Presbyterian Cathecism.
(d) New England Primer.
3. What 75-year old Union commander retired after Bull Run?
(a) Nat Turner.
(b) Alexander Stevens.
(c) Winfield Scott.
(d) Thomas Riddle.
4. Who was a prominent foreign peer of the Awakening Generation of the Revolutionary Cycle?
(a) Roger Sherman.
(b) John Witherspoon.
(c) John Wesley.
(d) Samson Occum.
5. What word was not coined during the Civil War Cycle?
6. Which was not an Idealist lifecycle?
7. Which future President was 4 years old during the Battle of Bull Run?
(a) Warren G. Harding.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Calvin Coolidge.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
8. Who said "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes"?
(a) Charles Chauncy.
(b) Samuel Langston.
(c) William Prescott.
(d) John Quicny Adams.
9. How many Boomer men saw combat in Vietnam?
(a) 1 in 6.
(b) 1 in 10.
(c) 1 in 16.
(d) 1 in 21.
10. What is an Idealist's idea of God?
(a) He is power.
(b) He is truth.
(c) He is love.
(d) He is persuasion.
11. What is a Civic's style of leadership?
(a) Pragmatic, cautious.
(b) Process fixated, pluralistic.
(c) Righteous, austere.
(d) Grand, expansive.
12. Who said, "The young men were born with knives in their brain"?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Henry W. Longfellow.
(d) Henry David Thoreau.
13. What rises steeply during Awakening eras?
(a) Birth rates.
(c) Substance abuse.
(d) Military enlistments.
14. Who was not a sample member of the Silent generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Gore Vidal.
(c) Barbra Streisand.
(d) Ted Koppel.
15. What generation type is midlife during a Crisis era?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the First Continental Congress, who proclaimed, "It is evil against right"?
2. Which was not an Outer-Driven Era?
3. Who wrote the poem "Philosophic Solitude"?
4. Who taught "our submission to the rules of reason is an obedience to God"?
5. To which generation did Stonewall Jackson belong?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)