|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
2. How might a cataclysm affect a 10-year-old?
(a) He'd find it calming.
(b) He'd find it incomprehensible.
(c) He'd find it terrifying.
(d) He'd find it inspiring.
3. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) On the vertical.
(b) As an ellipse.
(c) On the horizontal.
(d) On the diagonal.
4. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. What triggered the Thirty Years War?
(a) Martin Luther's 95 Theses.
(b) Cromwell's Revolution.
(c) Radical Catholicism throughout Europe.
(d) Radical Protestantism throughout Europe.
6. How many generations form a generational "constellation"?
7. How many G.I. Presidents were there?
8. What were the ages of the G.I. Generation on Pearl Harbor Sunday?
9. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
(b) Midlife and rising adulthood.
(c) Midlife and elderhood.
(d) Youth and rising adult.
10. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Great Depression-World War II crisis?
(a) Andrew Carnegie.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Walt Disney.
(d) John Marshall.
11. What is the central role of elderhood?
12. What are the ages for midlife?
13. What social moment began in the late 1960s and lasted through the 1970s?
(a) The Woodstock generation.
(b) The Consciousness Revolution.
(c) The Hippy Movement.
(d) The War on Drugs.
14. Into what era did America move in the 1750s?
15. What was the American population during the colonial cycle of history?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central role of midlife?
2. What plays a large role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
3. Who wrote Exile's Return?
4. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
5. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)