|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
2. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
(a) With war.
(b) With reforms.
(c) With triumph.
(d) With new ideals.
3. How might a cataclysm affect a 10-year-old?
(a) He'd find it incomprehensible.
(b) He'd find it inspiring.
(c) He'd find it calming.
(d) He'd find it terrifying.
4. Who wrote The Seasons of a Man's Life?
(a) Cheryl Merser.
(b) Daniel Levinson.
(c) Gail Sheehy.
(d) Erik Erikson.
5. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
6. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
(a) With little or no direction, letting the children raise themselves.
(b) In the same manner in which they themselves were raised.
(c) According to the latest child rearing experts.
(d) In a manner opposite to that in which they themselves were raised.
7. What is the central role of elderhood?
8. How many generations form a generational "constellation"?
9. Who said a generation "is born, lives, and dies"?
(a) Walt Disney.
(b) William Strauss.
(c) Neil Howe.
(d) Guieseppe Ferrari.
10. What is the central role of youth?
11. What social moment began in the late 1960s and lasted through the 1970s?
(a) The Consciousness Revolution.
(b) The War on Drugs.
(c) The Hippy Movement.
(d) The Woodstock generation.
12. What would an examination of cohort groups not be likely to predict?
(a) Drunk driving.
(b) Substance abuse.
(d) Violent crimes.
13. When did Charles I take England's throne?
14. What are the ages for midlife?
15. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
2. With whom do young Idealists show the strongest attachment?
3. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
4. In each constellation, what do the peer personalities each possess?
5. What are the dates of the Armada Crisis?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)