|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alternates between secular crises and spiritual awakenings?
(a) Interactive critcal events.
(b) Social Moments.
(c) Generational phases.
(d) Corresponding idealism.
2. When were boomers born?
3. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) On the horizontal.
(b) On the diagonal.
(c) As an ellipse.
(d) On the vertical.
4. When this book was written, which Progressive Generation had disappeared entirely?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(b) F. Scoot Fitzgerald's.
(c) Woodrow Wilson's.
(d) Franklin d. Roosevelt's.
5. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
6. What is true of cohort-membership?
(a) It is involuntary.
(b) It is age related.
(c) It is voluntary.
(d) It chooses you.
7. Who wrote Grown-ups?
(a) Erik Erikson.
(b) Daniel Levinson.
(c) Gail Sheehy.
(d) Cheryl Merser.
8. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
9. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
(a) Secular crisis.
(b) Social moment.
(c) Consciousness Revolution.
(d) Spiritual awakening.
10. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
(a) Consciousness Revolution.
(b) Spiritual awakening.
(c) Secular crisis.
(d) Social moment.
11. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
12. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
(a) With new ideals.
(b) With war.
(c) With reforms.
(d) With triumph.
13. Who led true Protestant believers to America?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) John Winthrope.
(c) Cotton Mather.
(d) Oliver Cromwell.
14. What are the birth dates for the Reformation generation?
15. What did George Bush do during WWII?
(a) He was a Navy fighter pilot.
(b) He was an Air Force figher pilot.
(c) He was an Army Ranger.
(d) He was a Marine fighter pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
2. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Great Depression-World War II crisis?
3. How many distinct types of peer personalities recur in each lifecycle?
4. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
5. What was the American population during the colonial cycle of history?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)