|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Exile's Return?
(a) Malcolm Cowley.
(b) Daniel Levinson.
(c) Ellen Lagemann.
(d) Jane Addams.
2. What is the range of the cohort lengths of all seventeen completed American generations?
3. Which answer is not a biological phase of aging?
4. What year were the first G.I. babies born?
5. What Englishman made a three year trip around the world?
6. Who wrote Passages?
(a) Gail Sheehy.
(b) Erik Erikson.
(c) Cheryl Merser.
(d) Daniel Levinson.
7. How many years were there from the End of Crisis to the End of Awakening in the Civil War cycle of American history?
8. For which seventeen year period did the SAT scores decline?
9. What is the central role of youth?
10. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
11. Who said "This is the greatest week in the history of mankind since the Creation"?
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Anthony Lewis.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) John Kennedy.
12. What is true of cohort-membership?
(a) It is involuntary.
(b) It chooses you.
(c) It is age related.
(d) It is voluntary.
13. Who was the monarch of England when the Spanish Armada was sunk?
(c) Mary I.
(d) James I.
14. At what age does the book Passages suggest a midlife crisis?
15. How many distinct types of peer personalities recur in each lifecycle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a set of collective behavioral traits expressed throughout a generation's lifecycle?
2. Who said a generation "is born, lives, and dies"?
3. When were boomers born?
4. How many generations form a generational "constellation"?
5. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)