|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do young Idealists show the strongest attachment?
2. Children are unfortunate to be born in which era?
3. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
4. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
5. What decade did Sesame Street first affect?
(a) The 80s.
(b) The 70s.
(c) The 50s.
(d) The 60s.
6. What answer is not a generational type?
7. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
(a) In the same manner in which they themselves were raised.
(b) According to the latest child rearing experts.
(c) In a manner opposite to that in which they themselves were raised.
(d) With little or no direction, letting the children raise themselves.
8. Which type of generational child was suffocated and overprotected?
9. How many years were there from the Awakening to the End of Crisis in the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
10. The authors suggest looking at the American life cycle from what perspective?
(a) As ocean liners
(b) As trains
(c) As bus stations
(d) As highways
11. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
12. How do the authors choose the length of a generation?
(a) By the average age of marriage.
(b) By the average age at death.
(c) By the average age of parenthood.
(d) By the length of a phase of life.
13. What year were the first G.I. babies born?
14. What were the ages of the G.I. Generation on Pearl Harbor Sunday?
15. Who led true Protestant believers to America?
(a) John Winthrope.
(b) Cotton Mather.
(c) Oliver Cromwell.
(d) Roger Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
2. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
3. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Glorious Revolution crisis?
4. How many generations form a generational "constellation"?
5. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)