|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
(a) Rising adults.
2. In the 1970s, what image did movie makers emphasis?
(a) Distressed childhood.
(b) Corruption of government.
(c) Abandonment of the elderly.
(d) Dissolution of teens.
3. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
4. Children are unfortunate to be born in which era?
5. Who wrote the Book of Martyrs?
(a) James Conroy.
(b) Philip Stevenson.
(c) Thomas Hanover.
(d) John Foxe.
6. The authors suggest looking at the American life cycle from what perspective?
(a) As ocean liners
(b) As trains
(c) As bus stations
(d) As highways
7. At what age does the book Passages suggest a midlife crisis?
8. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
(a) Spiritual awakening.
(b) Consciousness Revolution.
(c) Secular crisis.
(d) Social moment.
9. Who led true Protestant believers to America?
(a) John Winthrope.
(b) Roger Williams.
(c) Cotton Mather.
(d) Oliver Cromwell.
10. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
11. Into what era did America move in the 1750s?
12. Around 1900, what were wagons and streetcars responsible for?
(a) The death of lost city kids.
(b) The rise in crime.
(c) The speed of city living.
(d) The increase in distribution of goods.
13. What is the range of the cohort lengths of all seventeen completed American generations?
14. How many generations form a generational "constellation"?
15. In each constellation, what do the peer personalities each possess?
(a) Their own mood.
(b) Their own morals.
(c) Their own philosoplies.
(d) Their own work ethic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
2. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
3. What triggered the Thirty Years War?
4. What is the central role of elderhood?
5. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)