|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Passages?
(a) Daniel Levinson.
(b) Gail Sheehy.
(c) Erik Erikson.
(d) Cheryl Merser.
2. What is the central role of elderhood?
3. In each constellation, what do the peer personalities each possess?
(a) Their own morals.
(b) Their own mood.
(c) Their own philosoplies.
(d) Their own work ethic.
4. What year were the first G.I. babies born?
5. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
6. Which type of generational child was suffocated and overprotected?
7. At what age does the book Passages suggest a midlife crisis?
8. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
9. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
(a) Heavily Democrat.
(b) Split between Republican and Democrat.
(c) Mostly Independent.
(d) Heavily Republican.
10. Who said "This is the greatest week in the history of mankind since the Creation"?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Anthony Lewis.
(d) Douglas MacArthur.
11. Around 1900, what were wagons and streetcars responsible for?
(a) The rise in crime.
(b) The speed of city living.
(c) The increase in distribution of goods.
(d) The death of lost city kids.
12. What triggered the Thirty Years War?
(a) Radical Catholicism throughout Europe.
(b) Martin Luther's 95 Theses.
(c) Radical Protestantism throughout Europe.
(d) Cromwell's Revolution.
13. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
(a) Teaching young children.
(b) Hostility towards children.
(c) Nurturing children.
(d) Abandoning children.
14. What did George Bush do during WWII?
(a) He was an Air Force figher pilot.
(b) He was a Navy fighter pilot.
(c) He was a Marine fighter pilot.
(d) He was an Army Ranger.
15. What did revolution, anarchy, war, and pestilence indicate to colonial New Englanders?
(a) That things were due to get better.
(b) That the old era was now over.
(c) That they had broken their convenant with God.
(d) That judgment was to soon come.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sought to trace universal lifecycle trends in aptitude scores?
2. How many years were there from the End of Crisis to the End of Awakening in the Civil War cycle of American history?
3. How do the authors choose the length of a generation?
4. When did Charles I take England's throne?
5. Who was the monarch of England when the Spanish Armada was sunk?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)