|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Gerald Ford.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
2. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
(a) Secular crisis.
(b) Social moment.
(c) Consciousness Revolution.
(d) Spiritual awakening.
3. What is the central role of youth?
4. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
(a) A statistical generation.
(b) A lifecycle.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A generation.
5. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
6. What action helped mold the Puritan generation's distinct personality?
(a) Their emigration to America.
(b) Their rebellion against the English monarchy.
(c) The embrace of their religion.
(d) The raising of their children.
7. Who wrote Grown-ups?
(a) Erik Erikson.
(b) Cheryl Merser.
(c) Gail Sheehy.
(d) Daniel Levinson.
8. For which seventeen year period did the SAT scores decline?
9. Who said a generation "is born, lives, and dies"?
(a) Walt Disney.
(b) Neil Howe.
(c) William Strauss.
(d) Guieseppe Ferrari.
10. Which answer is not a biological phase of aging?
11. What is true of cohort-membership?
(a) It is voluntary.
(b) It is involuntary.
(c) It is age related.
(d) It chooses you.
12. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
(a) Rising adults.
13. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) On the diagonal.
(b) As an ellipse.
(c) On the vertical.
(d) On the horizontal.
14. What did revolution, anarchy, war, and pestilence indicate to colonial New Englanders?
(a) That they had broken their convenant with God.
(b) That judgment was to soon come.
(c) That the old era was now over.
(d) That things were due to get better.
15. Who complained that the Apollo mission gave him a "guilty conscience"?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Anthony Lewis.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
2. How might a cataclysm affect a 10-year-old?
3. How might a cataclysm affect a 70-year-old?
4. What are the ages for midlife?
5. What are the birth dates for the Reformation generation?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)