|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the ages of the G.I. Generation on Pearl Harbor Sunday?
2. Which type of generational child was suffocated and overprotected?
3. What was the American population during the colonial cycle of history?
4. Who led true Protestant believers to America?
(a) Oliver Cromwell.
(b) Cotton Mather.
(c) John Winthrope.
(d) Roger Williams.
5. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) John Kennedy.
6. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
7. Who wrote Passages?
(a) Gail Sheehy.
(b) Cheryl Merser.
(c) Daniel Levinson.
(d) Erik Erikson.
8. What are the ages of youth?
9. What element distinguishes a generation as a cohesive cohort-group with its own unique biography?
(a) Social moments.
(c) Peer personality.
10. Which children grow up during increasing adult control?
11. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
(a) A generation.
(b) A statistical generation.
(c) A lifecycle.
(d) A constellation.
12. What are the ages for midlife?
13. Who said a generation "is born, lives, and dies"?
(a) Neil Howe.
(b) Walt Disney.
(c) Guieseppe Ferrari.
(d) William Strauss.
14. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
(a) Hostility towards children.
(b) Nurturing children.
(c) Teaching young children.
(d) Abandoning children.
15. Around 1900, what were wagons and streetcars responsible for?
(a) The rise in crime.
(b) The death of lost city kids.
(c) The speed of city living.
(d) The increase in distribution of goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Charles I take England's throne?
2. What plays a large role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
3. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
4. What is the central role of youth?
5. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)