|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a set of collective behavioral traits expressed throughout a generation's lifecycle?
(a) Generations distinctives.
(b) Constellation attitude.
(c) Newsreel behavior.
(d) Peer personaltity.
2. What would an examination of cohort groups not be likely to predict?
(a) Drunk driving.
(b) Substance abuse.
(c) Violent crimes.
3. Who wrote Exile's Return?
(a) Daniel Levinson.
(b) Ellen Lagemann.
(c) Malcolm Cowley.
(d) Jane Addams.
4. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
5. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) On the diagonal.
(b) As an ellipse.
(c) On the horizontal.
(d) On the vertical.
6. What year was the Apollo moon landing?
7. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
(a) Gray Champion.
(b) Simon Bradstreet.
(c) John Hawthorne.
(d) Edmund Andros.
8. Into what era did America move in the 1750s?
9. What are the ages of youth?
10. How many generations form a generational "constellation"?
11. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
12. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
13. Who sought to trace universal lifecycle trends in aptitude scores?
(a) K. Warner Schaie.
(b) Sam Ervin.
(c) Adlai Stevenson.
(d) William Wirtz.
14. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
15. When did Charles I take England's throne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did revolution, anarchy, war, and pestilence indicate to colonial New Englanders?
2. What person influenced 1960 childhood?
3. What is true of cohort-membership?
4. What social moment began in the late 1960s and lasted through the 1970s?
5. With whom do young Idealists show the strongest attachment?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)