|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said "This is the greatest week in the history of mankind since the Creation"?
(a) Anthony Lewis.
(b) Douglas MacArthur.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
(a) Secular crisis.
(b) Social moment.
(c) Consciousness Revolution.
(d) Spiritual awakening.
3. What lasts about a decade where people perceive current events as changing society?
(a) A crisis.
(b) A natural disaster.
(c) A burgeoning new organization.
(d) A social moment.
4. Who is a sample member of the Great Power cycle of American history?
(a) Walter Mondale.
(b) Newt Gingrich.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
5. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
(a) With reforms.
(b) With war.
(c) With triumph.
(d) With new ideals.
6. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
(a) A generation.
(b) A lifecycle.
(c) A statistical generation.
(d) A constellation.
7. What decade did Sesame Street first affect?
(a) The 80s.
(b) The 60s.
(c) The 70s.
(d) The 50s.
8. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Midlife and rising adulthood.
(b) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
(c) Youth and rising adult.
(d) Midlife and elderhood.
9. What are the ages for midlife?
10. Who wrote Exile's Return?
(a) Daniel Levinson.
(b) Jane Addams.
(c) Ellen Lagemann.
(d) Malcolm Cowley.
11. Which type of generational child was suffocated and overprotected?
12. What plays a large role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
(a) Family structure.
(b) Childhood nurture.
(c) Religious beliefs.
(d) Current events.
13. Which generation types was Martin Luther?
14. What were the dates for the Puritan Awakening?
15. What is age-determined participation in in epochal events that occur during a lifecycle?
(a) Age location.
(b) Comin-of-age experiences.
(c) Constellation experiences.
(d) Peer personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did revolution, anarchy, war, and pestilence indicate to colonial New Englanders?
2. What year was the Apollo moon landing?
3. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Great Depression-World War II crisis?
4. What are children living home after college called?
5. What was one of the social moments of the Colonial Cycle?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)