|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
2. How many years were there from the Awakening to the End of Crisis in the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
3. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
4. How many distinct types of peer personalities recur in each lifecycle?
5. What is age-determined participation in in epochal events that occur during a lifecycle?
(a) Age location.
(b) Comin-of-age experiences.
(c) Peer personality.
(d) Constellation experiences.
6. When this book was written, which Progressive Generation had disappeared entirely?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(b) Franklin d. Roosevelt's.
(c) F. Scoot Fitzgerald's.
(d) Woodrow Wilson's.
7. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
8. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Glorious Revolution crisis?
(a) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Francis Bacon.
(d) Cotton Mather.
9. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
(a) Hostility towards children.
(b) Abandoning children.
(c) Teaching young children.
(d) Nurturing children.
10. Who wrote Exile's Return?
(a) Jane Addams.
(b) Daniel Levinson.
(c) Malcolm Cowley.
(d) Ellen Lagemann.
11. What would an examination of cohort groups not be likely to predict?
(a) Drunk driving.
(b) Substance abuse.
(c) Violent crimes.
12. What plays a large role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
(a) Religious beliefs.
(b) Current events.
(c) Childhood nurture.
(d) Family structure.
13. What were the dates for the Puritan Awakening?
14. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
15. What alternates between secular crises and spiritual awakenings?
(a) Corresponding idealism.
(b) Social Moments.
(c) Interactive critcal events.
(d) Generational phases.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
2. Children are unfortunate to be born in which era?
3. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
4. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
5. What is affected by how students are taught?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)