|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said a generation "is born, lives, and dies"?
(a) Walt Disney.
(b) Guieseppe Ferrari.
(c) William Strauss.
(d) Neil Howe.
2. How many years are there in the life cycle of one generational constellation?
3. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
(a) Abandoning children.
(b) Nurturing children.
(c) Hostility towards children.
(d) Teaching young children.
4. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
5. Who said, "You don't need to be shot down from the sky to know the world is a dangerous place"?
(a) George Bush.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Jim Thompson.
(d) Micheal Dukakis.
6. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
7. What is the central role of youth?
8. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
9. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
10. What triggered the Thirty Years War?
(a) Martin Luther's 95 Theses.
(b) Radical Catholicism throughout Europe.
(c) Radical Protestantism throughout Europe.
(d) Cromwell's Revolution.
11. What lasts about a decade where people perceive current events as changing society?
(a) A natural disaster.
(b) A burgeoning new organization.
(c) A social moment.
(d) A crisis.
12. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
(a) Rising adults.
13. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gerald Ford.
14. What element distinguishes a generation as a cohesive cohort-group with its own unique biography?
(b) Social moments.
(d) Peer personality.
15. In each constellation, what do the peer personalities each possess?
(a) Their own mood.
(b) Their own philosoplies.
(c) Their own morals.
(d) Their own work ethic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which answer is not a biological phase of aging?
2. Who sought to trace universal lifecycle trends in aptitude scores?
3. Who wrote The Seasons of a Man's Life?
4. When this book was written, which Progressive Generation had disappeared entirely?
5. Which generation types was Martin Luther?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)