|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dates of the Armada Crisis?
2. Who wrote The Seasons of a Man's Life?
(a) Daniel Levinson.
(b) Cheryl Merser.
(c) Erik Erikson.
(d) Gail Sheehy.
3. When this book was written, which Progressive Generation had disappeared entirely?
(a) Franklin d. Roosevelt's.
(b) F. Scoot Fitzgerald's.
(c) Woodrow Wilson's.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower's.
4. Who sought to trace universal lifecycle trends in aptitude scores?
(a) Adlai Stevenson.
(b) K. Warner Schaie.
(c) Sam Ervin.
(d) William Wirtz.
5. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
6. Who said, "You don't need to be shot down from the sky to know the world is a dangerous place"?
(a) Micheal Dukakis.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Jim Thompson.
(d) George Bush.
7. Reading vertically up any single column of Figure 2-2 demonstrates which fallacy?
(a) Intersecting fallacy.
(b) Age-bracket fallacy.
(c) Life-course fallacy.
(d) Intrinsic connection fallacy.
8. Around 1900, what were wagons and streetcars responsible for?
(a) The increase in distribution of goods.
(b) The rise in crime.
(c) The death of lost city kids.
(d) The speed of city living.
9. How might a cataclysm affect a 70-year-old?
(a) He'd find it calming.
(b) He'd find it inspiring.
(c) He'd find it incomprehensible.
(d) He'd find it terrifying.
10. What is the central role of midlife?
11. What are children living home after college called?
(a) Bounce back.
(b) Bad penny.
(c) Rubber band.
12. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
13. Which type of generational child was suffocated and overprotected?
14. What was the American population during the colonial cycle of history?
15. How many years are there in the life cycle of one generational constellation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
2. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
3. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Great Depression-World War II crisis?
4. What Englishman made a three year trip around the world?
5. What plays a large role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)