|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote The Seasons of a Man's Life?
(a) Erik Erikson.
(b) Cheryl Merser.
(c) Daniel Levinson.
(d) Gail Sheehy.
2. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
3. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
(a) Nurturing children.
(b) Abandoning children.
(c) Teaching young children.
(d) Hostility towards children.
4. When this book was written, which Progressive Generation had disappeared entirely?
(a) Woodrow Wilson's.
(b) Franklin d. Roosevelt's.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower's.
(d) F. Scoot Fitzgerald's.
5. Into what era did America move in the 1750s?
6. How many years were there from the End of Crisis to the End of Awakening in the Civil War cycle of American history?
7. What did George Bush do during WWII?
(a) He was an Air Force figher pilot.
(b) He was a Navy fighter pilot.
(c) He was a Marine fighter pilot.
(d) He was an Army Ranger.
8. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
(a) A statistical generation.
(b) A generation.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A lifecycle.
9. What did revolution, anarchy, war, and pestilence indicate to colonial New Englanders?
(a) That judgment was to soon come.
(b) That they had broken their convenant with God.
(c) That things were due to get better.
(d) That the old era was now over.
10. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
11. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
(b) Rising adults.
12. What is a set of collective behavioral traits expressed throughout a generation's lifecycle?
(a) Newsreel behavior.
(b) Generations distinctives.
(c) Peer personaltity.
(d) Constellation attitude.
13. What is the central role of youth?
14. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Youth and rising adult.
(b) Midlife and rising adulthood.
(c) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
(d) Midlife and elderhood.
15. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
(a) Secular crisis.
(b) Consciousness Revolution.
(c) Social moment.
(d) Spiritual awakening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led true Protestant believers to America?
2. In the 1970s, what image did movie makers emphasis?
3. Children are unfortunate to be born in which era?
4. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
5. Who wrote Exile's Return?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)