Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
(a) Heavily Republican.
(b) Split between Republican and Democrat.
(c) Heavily Democrat.
(d) Mostly Independent.
2. What is the central role of elderhood?
3. What action helped mold the Puritan generation's distinct personality?
(a) The embrace of their religion.
(b) The raising of their children.
(c) Their emigration to America.
(d) Their rebellion against the English monarchy.
4. What element distinguishes a generation as a cohesive cohort-group with its own unique biography?
(a) Peer personality.
(c) Social moments.
5. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Great Depression-World War II crisis?
(a) Walt Disney.
(b) John Marshall.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
6. The authors suggest looking at the American life cycle from what perspective?
(a) As highways
(b) As trains
(c) As ocean liners
(d) As bus stations
7. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
8. What would an examination of cohort groups not be likely to predict?
(a) Violent crimes.
(b) Substance abuse.
(c) Drunk driving.
9. What is affected by how students are taught?
(a) How they teach.
(b) Their politics.
(c) What they do.
(d) What they believe.
10. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Gerald Ford.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Richard Nixon.
11. Who complained that the Apollo mission gave him a "guilty conscience"?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Anthony Lewis.
(d) Richard Nixon.
12. What alternates between secular crises and spiritual awakenings?
(a) Generational phases.
(b) Interactive critcal events.
(c) Corresponding idealism.
(d) Social Moments.
13. At what age does the book Passages suggest a midlife crisis?
14. Children are unfortunate to be born in which era?
15. Who wrote the Book of Martyrs?
(a) John Foxe.
(b) James Conroy.
(c) Philip Stevenson.
(d) Thomas Hanover.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years were there from the Awakening to the End of Crisis in the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
2. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Glorious Revolution crisis?
3. What are the ages for midlife?
4. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
5. In each constellation, what do the peer personalities each possess?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)