|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
(a) A lifecycle.
(b) A generation.
(c) A statistical generation.
(d) A constellation.
2. What person influenced 1960 childhood?
(a) Dr. Suess.
(b) President Eisenhower.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Dr. Spock.
3. What is true of cohort-membership?
(a) It chooses you.
(b) It is age related.
(c) It is voluntary.
(d) It is involuntary.
4. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
5. Who said, "You don't need to be shot down from the sky to know the world is a dangerous place"?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Micheal Dukakis.
(c) Jim Thompson.
(d) John Kennedy.
6. What are the birth dates for the Reformation generation?
7. How many years were there from the End of Crisis to the End of Awakening in the Civil War cycle of American history?
8. When did Charles I take England's throne?
9. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
10. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
11. What would an examination of cohort groups not be likely to predict?
(a) Substance abuse.
(b) Drunk driving.
(d) Violent crimes.
12. Which generation types was Martin Luther?
13. What triggered the Thirty Years War?
(a) Cromwell's Revolution.
(b) Radical Protestantism throughout Europe.
(c) Martin Luther's 95 Theses.
(d) Radical Catholicism throughout Europe.
14. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
(a) In the same manner in which they themselves were raised.
(b) In a manner opposite to that in which they themselves were raised.
(c) With little or no direction, letting the children raise themselves.
(d) According to the latest child rearing experts.
15. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
2. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
3. When were boomers born?
4. How many distinct types of peer personalities recur in each lifecycle?
5. What is the range of the cohort lengths of all seventeen completed American generations?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)