|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the dates of the Armada Crisis?
2. In the 1970s, what image did movie makers emphasis?
(a) Dissolution of teens.
(b) Corruption of government.
(c) Abandonment of the elderly.
(d) Distressed childhood.
3. Who is a sample member of the Great Power cycle of American history?
(a) Newt Gingrich.
(b) Walter Mondale.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
4. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
5. How might a cataclysm affect a 70-year-old?
(a) He'd find it incomprehensible.
(b) He'd find it inspiring.
(c) He'd find it terrifying.
(d) He'd find it calming.
6. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
7. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
8. For which seventeen year period did the SAT scores decline?
9. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
(a) Social moment.
(b) Spiritual awakening.
(c) Secular crisis.
(d) Consciousness Revolution.
10. Which answer is not a biological phase of aging?
11. When were boomers born?
12. Who wrote The Seasons of a Man's Life?
(a) Erik Erikson.
(b) Cheryl Merser.
(c) Daniel Levinson.
(d) Gail Sheehy.
13. What social moment began in the late 1960s and lasted through the 1970s?
(a) The Woodstock generation.
(b) The Consciousness Revolution.
(c) The War on Drugs.
(d) The Hippy Movement.
14. What element distinguishes a generation as a cohesive cohort-group with its own unique biography?
(a) Social moments.
(c) Peer personality.
15. According to Figure 2-2, how were midlife people viewed in 1964?
Short Answer Questions
1. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
2. What plays a large role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
3. What is the central role of midlife?
4. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
5. Who was the monarch of England when the Spanish Armada was sunk?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)