|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the Book of Martyrs?
(a) Philip Stevenson.
(b) James Conroy.
(c) Thomas Hanover.
(d) John Foxe.
2. What is the central role of rising adulthood?
3. When were boomers born?
4. What Englishman made a three year trip around the world?
5. What are the birth dates for the Reformation generation?
6. Who wrote Grown-ups?
(a) Erik Erikson.
(b) Cheryl Merser.
(c) Gail Sheehy.
(d) Daniel Levinson.
7. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
(b) Midlife and rising adulthood.
(c) Midlife and elderhood.
(d) Youth and rising adult.
8. What is the central role of youth?
9. What social moment began in the late 1960s and lasted through the 1970s?
(a) The Woodstock generation.
(b) The Hippy Movement.
(c) The Consciousness Revolution.
(d) The War on Drugs.
10. What year was the Apollo moon landing?
11. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Gerald Ford.
12. Who is a sample member of the Great Power cycle of American history?
(a) Newt Gingrich.
(b) Walter Mondale.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
13. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
(a) With little or no direction, letting the children raise themselves.
(b) In the same manner in which they themselves were raised.
(c) In a manner opposite to that in which they themselves were raised.
(d) According to the latest child rearing experts.
14. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Great Depression-World War II crisis?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Andrew Carnegie.
(c) John Marshall.
(d) Walt Disney.
15. Who said "This is the greatest week in the history of mankind since the Creation"?
(a) Anthony Lewis.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Douglas MacArthur.
(d) John Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
2. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
3. What was one of the social moments of the Colonial Cycle?
4. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
5. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)