|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the Book of Martyrs?
(a) James Conroy.
(b) John Foxe.
(c) Thomas Hanover.
(d) Philip Stevenson.
2. Who led true Protestant believers to America?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Oliver Cromwell.
(c) Cotton Mather.
(d) John Winthrope.
3. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
4. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
(a) Hostility towards children.
(b) Nurturing children.
(c) Abandoning children.
(d) Teaching young children.
5. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
(a) A lifecycle.
(b) A statistical generation.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A generation.
6. How might a cataclysm affect a 10-year-old?
(a) He'd find it calming.
(b) He'd find it incomprehensible.
(c) He'd find it terrifying.
(d) He'd find it inspiring.
7. What were the dates for the Puritan Awakening?
8. How many G.I. Presidents were there?
9. Who said a generation "is born, lives, and dies"?
(a) Walt Disney.
(b) William Strauss.
(c) Neil Howe.
(d) Guieseppe Ferrari.
10. In each constellation, what do the peer personalities each possess?
(a) Their own philosoplies.
(b) Their own morals.
(c) Their own mood.
(d) Their own work ethic.
11. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
(a) Gray Champion.
(b) John Hawthorne.
(c) Edmund Andros.
(d) Simon Bradstreet.
12. What year was the Apollo moon landing?
13. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
(a) In the same manner in which they themselves were raised.
(b) In a manner opposite to that in which they themselves were raised.
(c) According to the latest child rearing experts.
(d) With little or no direction, letting the children raise themselves.
14. When were boomers born?
15. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Glorious Revolution crisis?
(a) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(b) Francis Bacon.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Cotton Mather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the ages of the G.I. Generation on Pearl Harbor Sunday?
2. Which answer is not a biological phase of aging?
3. When did Charles I take England's throne?
4. Into what era did America move in the 1750s?
5. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)