|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Englishman made a three year trip around the world?
2. How many distinct types of peer personalities recur in each lifecycle?
3. How many years are there in the life cycle of one generational constellation?
4. When were boomers born?
5. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
6. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
(a) Secular crisis.
(b) Social moment.
(c) Spiritual awakening.
(d) Consciousness Revolution.
7. Who complained that the Apollo mission gave him a "guilty conscience"?
(a) Anthony Lewis.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
8. For which seventeen year period did the SAT scores decline?
9. How many generations form a generational "constellation"?
10. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
(a) Rising adults.
11. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
12. Into what era did America move in the 1750s?
13. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
(a) In a manner opposite to that in which they themselves were raised.
(b) According to the latest child rearing experts.
(c) In the same manner in which they themselves were raised.
(d) With little or no direction, letting the children raise themselves.
14. What action helped mold the Puritan generation's distinct personality?
(a) Their emigration to America.
(b) The embrace of their religion.
(c) Their rebellion against the English monarchy.
(d) The raising of their children.
15. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
2. What answer is not a generational type?
3. Reading vertically up any single column of Figure 2-2 demonstrates which fallacy?
4. What were the dates for the Puritan Awakening?
5. What are children living home after college called?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)