|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the American population during the colonial cycle of history?
2. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
3. What action helped mold the Puritan generation's distinct personality?
(a) The raising of their children.
(b) The embrace of their religion.
(c) Their rebellion against the English monarchy.
(d) Their emigration to America.
4. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
5. When did Charles I take England's throne?
6. What decade did Sesame Street first affect?
(a) The 50s.
(b) The 70s.
(c) The 80s.
(d) The 60s.
7. What is true of cohort-membership?
(a) It is age related.
(b) It is voluntary.
(c) It is involuntary.
(d) It chooses you.
8. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
(a) A constellation.
(b) A lifecycle.
(c) A generation.
(d) A statistical generation.
9. Who wrote Exile's Return?
(a) Ellen Lagemann.
(b) Malcolm Cowley.
(c) Daniel Levinson.
(d) Jane Addams.
10. Who wrote Passages?
(a) Cheryl Merser.
(b) Gail Sheehy.
(c) Erik Erikson.
(d) Daniel Levinson.
11. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
(a) Nurturing children.
(b) Hostility towards children.
(c) Teaching young children.
(d) Abandoning children.
12. Which answer is not a biological phase of aging?
13. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
(a) Mostly Independent.
(b) Split between Republican and Democrat.
(c) Heavily Democrat.
(d) Heavily Republican.
14. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
15. With whom do young Idealists show the strongest attachment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How might a cataclysm affect a 10-year-old?
2. What year were the first G.I. babies born?
3. What triggered the Thirty Years War?
4. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
5. Which type of generational child was suffocated and overprotected?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)