|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
2. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
3. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
4. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
(a) Rising adults.
5. Who wrote the Book of Martyrs?
(a) John Foxe.
(b) Thomas Hanover.
(c) Philip Stevenson.
(d) James Conroy.
6. What is affected by how students are taught?
(a) How they teach.
(b) What they believe.
(c) Their politics.
(d) What they do.
7. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
(a) Secular crisis.
(b) Consciousness Revolution.
(c) Spiritual awakening.
(d) Social moment.
8. Who said "This is the greatest week in the history of mankind since the Creation"?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Anthony Lewis.
(d) Douglas MacArthur.
9. Who sought to trace universal lifecycle trends in aptitude scores?
(a) Sam Ervin.
(b) William Wirtz.
(c) Adlai Stevenson.
(d) K. Warner Schaie.
10. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Youth and rising adult.
(b) Midlife and elderhood.
(c) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
(d) Midlife and rising adulthood.
11. When were boomers born?
12. What is the range of the cohort lengths of all seventeen completed American generations?
13. How might a cataclysm affect a 70-year-old?
(a) He'd find it incomprehensible.
(b) He'd find it inspiring.
(c) He'd find it calming.
(d) He'd find it terrifying.
14. How many years are there in the life cycle of one generational constellation?
15. Who wrote Passages?
(a) Daniel Levinson.
(b) Erik Erikson.
(c) Gail Sheehy.
(d) Cheryl Merser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a sample member of the Great Power cycle of American history?
2. How do the authors choose the length of a generation?
3. What are the ages for midlife?
4. Who said a generation "is born, lives, and dies"?
5. What triggered the Thirty Years War?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)