|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authors suggest looking at the American life cycle from what perspective?
(a) As highways
(b) As trains
(c) As bus stations
(d) As ocean liners
2. What year were the first G.I. babies born?
3. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
(a) In the same manner in which they themselves were raised.
(b) In a manner opposite to that in which they themselves were raised.
(c) According to the latest child rearing experts.
(d) With little or no direction, letting the children raise themselves.
4. Who is a sample member of the Great Power cycle of American history?
(a) Walter Mondale.
(b) Newt Gingrich.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
5. For which seventeen year period did the SAT scores decline?
6. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Midlife and rising adulthood.
(b) Midlife and elderhood.
(c) Youth and rising adult.
(d) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
7. What year was the Apollo moon landing?
8. Who sought to trace universal lifecycle trends in aptitude scores?
(a) Adlai Stevenson.
(b) Sam Ervin.
(c) K. Warner Schaie.
(d) William Wirtz.
9. Who wrote Grown-ups?
(a) Daniel Levinson.
(b) Erik Erikson.
(c) Cheryl Merser.
(d) Gail Sheehy.
10. Reading vertically up any single column of Figure 2-2 demonstrates which fallacy?
(a) Age-bracket fallacy.
(b) Life-course fallacy.
(c) Intrinsic connection fallacy.
(d) Intersecting fallacy.
11. What are the dates of the Armada Crisis?
12. What person influenced 1960 childhood?
(a) Dr. Suess.
(b) President Eisenhower.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Dr. Spock.
13. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
(a) Gray Champion.
(b) Simon Bradstreet.
(c) Edmund Andros.
(d) John Hawthorne.
14. Which generation types was Martin Luther?
15. What did George Bush do during WWII?
(a) He was an Air Force figher pilot.
(b) He was a Marine fighter pilot.
(c) He was an Army Ranger.
(d) He was a Navy fighter pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years are there in the life cycle of one generational constellation?
2. How many G.I. Presidents were there?
3. What did revolution, anarchy, war, and pestilence indicate to colonial New Englanders?
4. How might a cataclysm affect a 10-year-old?
5. Who said, "You don't need to be shot down from the sky to know the world is a dangerous place"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)