|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sought to trace universal lifecycle trends in aptitude scores?
(a) K. Warner Schaie.
(b) Sam Ervin.
(c) Adlai Stevenson.
(d) William Wirtz.
2. What are the birth dates for the Reformation generation?
3. Who wrote The Seasons of a Man's Life?
(a) Daniel Levinson.
(b) Erik Erikson.
(c) Gail Sheehy.
(d) Cheryl Merser.
4. How many years were there from the Awakening to the End of Crisis in the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
5. When this book was written, which Progressive Generation had disappeared entirely?
(a) Franklin d. Roosevelt's.
(b) Woodrow Wilson's.
(c) F. Scoot Fitzgerald's.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower's.
6. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
(a) Edmund Andros.
(b) Simon Bradstreet.
(c) Gray Champion.
(d) John Hawthorne.
7. What are the dates of the Armada Crisis?
8. Around 1900, what were wagons and streetcars responsible for?
(a) The rise in crime.
(b) The increase in distribution of goods.
(c) The death of lost city kids.
(d) The speed of city living.
9. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
(b) Midlife and elderhood.
(c) Midlife and rising adulthood.
(d) Youth and rising adult.
10. Who was a rising-adult leader during the Great Depression-World War II crisis?
(a) Andrew Carnegie.
(b) John Marshall.
(c) Walt Disney.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
11. Which answer is not a biological phase of aging?
12. Who complained that the Apollo mission gave him a "guilty conscience"?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Anthony Lewis.
(c) Ted Kennedy.
(d) John Kennedy.
13. What is true of cohort-membership?
(a) It is involuntary.
(b) It is age related.
(c) It is voluntary.
(d) It chooses you.
14. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
(a) Abandoning children.
(b) Nurturing children.
(c) Teaching young children.
(d) Hostility towards children.
15. How do the authors choose the length of a generation?
(a) By the average age of parenthood.
(b) By the length of a phase of life.
(c) By the average age of marriage.
(d) By the average age at death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
2. Who is a sample member of the Great Power cycle of American history?
3. What did George Bush do during WWII?
4. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
5. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)