|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer is not a generational type?
2. Which President was born 46 years from Lee's surrender to Grant at Appomattox?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
3. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
4. What is true of cohort-membership?
(a) It chooses you.
(b) It is age related.
(c) It is voluntary.
(d) It is involuntary.
5. Around 1900, what were wagons and streetcars responsible for?
(a) The rise in crime.
(b) The increase in distribution of goods.
(c) The speed of city living.
(d) The death of lost city kids.
6. What are children living home after college called?
(a) Bounce back.
(b) Bad penny.
(c) Rubber band.
7. What person influenced 1960 childhood?
(a) Dr. Spock.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Dr. Suess.
(d) President Eisenhower.
8. When were boomers born?
9. How many G.I. Presidents were there?
10. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Midlife and elderhood.
(b) Midlife and rising adulthood.
(c) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
(d) Youth and rising adult.
11. What is the central role of elderhood?
12. What were the dates for the Puritan Awakening?
13. Who said that America's foreign policy since 1776 has alternated between extroversion and introversion?
14. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
15. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) On the vertical.
(b) On the diagonal.
(c) As an ellipse.
(d) On the horizontal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Children are unfortunate to be born in which era?
2. What social moment began in the late 1960s and lasted through the 1970s?
3. What was the American population during the colonial cycle of history?
4. How many years were there from the Awakening to the End of Crisis in the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
5. With whom do young Idealists show the strongest attachment?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)