|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. When were boomers born?
3. Who sought to trace universal lifecycle trends in aptitude scores?
(a) Sam Ervin.
(b) William Wirtz.
(c) K. Warner Schaie.
(d) Adlai Stevenson.
4. Which generation types was Martin Luther?
5. Which answer is not a biological phase of aging?
6. What is a set of collective behavioral traits expressed throughout a generation's lifecycle?
(a) Newsreel behavior.
(b) Constellation attitude.
(c) Generations distinctives.
(d) Peer personaltity.
7. When did Charles I take England's throne?
8. Children are unfortunate to be born in which era?
9. What is the central role of youth?
10. Who led true Protestant believers to America?
(a) Roger Williams.
(b) Oliver Cromwell.
(c) Cotton Mather.
(d) John Winthrope.
11. How many distinct types of peer personalities recur in each lifecycle?
12. What did George Bush do during WWII?
(a) He was an Army Ranger.
(b) He was a Navy fighter pilot.
(c) He was an Air Force figher pilot.
(d) He was a Marine fighter pilot.
13. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
(a) Consciousness Revolution.
(b) Social moment.
(c) Secular crisis.
(d) Spiritual awakening.
14. What is true of cohort-membership?
(a) It is involuntary.
(b) It chooses you.
(c) It is voluntary.
(d) It is age related.
15. What social moment began in the late 1960s and lasted through the 1970s?
(a) The Consciousness Revolution.
(b) The Woodstock generation.
(c) The War on Drugs.
(d) The Hippy Movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the dates for the Reformation Awakening?
2. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
3. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
4. For which seventeen year period did the SAT scores decline?
5. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)