|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beginning of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the Northampton sermons of 1734?
(a) Daniel Webster.
(b) Cotton Mather.
(c) Jonathan Edwards.
(d) James Monroe.
2. What is one generation of the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
3. How many distinct types of peer personalities recur in each lifecycle?
4. Who said, "The young men were born with knives in their brain"?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Henry W. Longfellow.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
5. How do midlife generations tend to raise current generations?
(a) In a manner opposite to that in which they themselves were raised.
(b) In the same manner in which they themselves were raised.
(c) With little or no direction, letting the children raise themselves.
(d) According to the latest child rearing experts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught "our submission to the rules of reason is an obedience to God"?
2. How many years were there from the Awakening to the End of Crisis in the Revolutionary cycle of American history?
3. Which was not an Civic lifecycle?
4. What is a Civic's style of leadership?
5. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)