|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Past as Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plays a large role in shaping a generation's peer personality?
(a) Childhood nurture.
(b) Religious beliefs.
(c) Current events.
(d) Family structure.
2. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) On the vertical.
(b) As an ellipse.
(c) On the horizontal.
(d) On the diagonal.
3. Who said, "The young men were born with knives in their brain"?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Henry David Thoreau.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Henry W. Longfellow.
4. Which was not an Awakening Era?
(a) Colonial Awakening.
(b) Boom Awakening.
(c) Puritan Awakening.
(d) Great Awakening.
5. Who was not a political leader of the Boom generation during the Millennial Cycle?
(a) Dan Quayle.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) William Bennett.
(d) Bill Bradley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central role of youth?
2. When this book was written, which Progressive Generation had disappeared entirely?
3. Who gave the Northampton sermons of 1734?
4. What generation type is youth during an Awakening era?
5. What was the generation type for the Silent generation in the Great Power Cycle?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)