|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Past as Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "The young men were born with knives in their brain"?
(a) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
(b) Henry David Thoreau.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Henry W. Longfellow.
2. Who was the monarch of England when the Spanish Armada was sunk?
(a) Mary I.
(c) James I.
3. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
(a) With reforms.
(b) With war.
(c) With triumph.
(d) With new ideals.
4. What was the American population during the colonial cycle of history?
5. What did revolution, anarchy, war, and pestilence indicate to colonial New Englanders?
(a) That the old era was now over.
(b) That they had broken their convenant with God.
(c) That judgment was to soon come.
(d) That things were due to get better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was not an American history cycle?
2. What did George Bush do during WWII?
3. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
4. What alternates between secular crises and spiritual awakenings?
5. At the First Continental Congress, who proclaimed, "It is evil against right"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)