|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Past as Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lasts about a decade where people perceive current events as changing society?
(a) A crisis.
(b) A burgeoning new organization.
(c) A natural disaster.
(d) A social moment.
2. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
(a) Social moment.
(b) Spiritual awakening.
(c) Secular crisis.
(d) Consciousness Revolution.
3. Who gave the Northampton sermons of 1734?
(a) Cotton Mather.
(b) Daniel Webster.
(c) Jonathan Edwards.
(d) James Monroe.
4. Who was not a prominent foreign peer of the Missionary generation of the Great Power Cycle?
(a) Mahatma Ghandi.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
5. Who wrote The Seasons of a Man's Life?
(a) Erik Erikson.
(b) Gail Sheehy.
(c) Cheryl Merser.
(d) Daniel Levinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the German word kinderfeindlichkeit mean?
2. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
3. Which President regretted the fading memory of World War II?
4. Who was not a sample member of the G.I. generation of the Great Power Cycle?
5. What did revolution, anarchy, war, and pestilence indicate to colonial New Englanders?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)