|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cycle in America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) On the vertical.
(b) As an ellipse.
(c) On the horizontal.
(d) On the diagonal.
2. What were the birth years of the Idealist generation during the American Civil War cycle?
3. At what age does the book Passages suggest a midlife crisis?
4. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
5. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
(a) John Hawthorne.
(b) Edmund Andros.
(c) Simon Bradstreet.
(d) Gray Champion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central role of midlife?
2. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
3. How might a cataclysm affect a 10-year-old?
4. For which seventeen year period did the SAT scores decline?
5. What alternates between secular crises and spiritual awakenings?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)