|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cycle in America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year were the first G.I. babies born?
2. Who is a sample member of the Great Power cycle of American history?
(a) Newt Gingrich.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Walter Mondale.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
3. Who wrote Exile's Return?
(a) Jane Addams.
(b) Ellen Lagemann.
(c) Malcolm Cowley.
(d) Daniel Levinson.
4. What is a cohort-group whose length approximates the span of a phase of life and whose boundaries are fixed by peer personality?
(a) A constellation.
(b) A statistical generation.
(c) A generation.
(d) A lifecycle.
5. Who said, "You don't need to be shot down from the sky to know the world is a dangerous place"?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Micheal Dukakis.
(c) Jim Thompson.
(d) John Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
2. According to Figure 2-2, how were midlife people viewed in 1964?
3. What element distinguishes a generation as a cohesive cohort-group with its own unique biography?
4. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
5. Who said "This is the greatest week in the history of mankind since the Creation"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)