|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cycle in America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many G.I. Presidents were there?
2. What are the ages for midlife?
3. Reading vertically up any single column of Figure 2-2 demonstrates which fallacy?
(a) Intersecting fallacy.
(b) Life-course fallacy.
(c) Intrinsic connection fallacy.
(d) Age-bracket fallacy.
4. What did George Bush do during WWII?
(a) He was a Marine fighter pilot.
(b) He was an Army Ranger.
(c) He was an Air Force figher pilot.
(d) He was a Navy fighter pilot.
5. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
(a) With war.
(b) With reforms.
(c) With new ideals.
(d) With triumph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was King James's hand picked New England governor in 1689?
2. What action helped mold the Puritan generation's distinct personality?
3. What is the central role of midlife?
4. When this book was written, which Progressive Generation had disappeared entirely?
5. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)