|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cycle in America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Youth and rising adult.
(b) Midlife and rising adulthood.
(c) Midlife and elderhood.
(d) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
2. What year were the first G.I. babies born?
3. What person influenced 1960 childhood?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Dr. Spock.
(c) Dr. Suess.
(d) President Eisenhower.
4. In each constellation, what do the peer personalities each possess?
(a) Their own mood.
(b) Their own philosoplies.
(c) Their own morals.
(d) Their own work ethic.
5. How many generations form a generational "constellation"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What element distinguishes a generation as a cohesive cohort-group with its own unique biography?
2. Who said, "You don't need to be shot down from the sky to know the world is a dangerous place"?
3. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
4. The authors suggest looking at the American life cycle from what perspective?
5. What is it called when society focuses on reordering the outer world of institutions and public behavior?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)