|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cycle in America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year were the first G.I. babies born?
2. Who are the dominant generations during a social moment?
(a) Midlife and rising adulthood.
(b) Youth and rising adult.
(c) Rising adulthood and elderhood.
(d) Midlife and elderhood.
3. When this book was written, what age comprised America's most Republican leaning bracket?
4. Who is a sample member of the Great Power cycle of American history?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Newt Gingrich.
(d) Walter Mondale.
5. According to Figure 2-2, how were midlife people viewed in 1964?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
2. How might a cataclysm affect a 70-year-old?
3. The authors suggest looking at the American life cycle from what perspective?
4. Who are coming of age in an awakening era?
5. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)