|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cycle in America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which seventeen year period did the SAT scores decline?
2. Who complained that the Apollo mission gave him a "guilty conscience"?
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Anthony Lewis.
3. Who said, "You don't need to be shot down from the sky to know the world is a dangerous place"?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Micheal Dukakis.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Jim Thompson.
4. Who said "This is the greatest week in the history of mankind since the Creation"?
(a) Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Anthony Lewis.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) John Kennedy.
5. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) On the diagonal.
(b) On the horizontal.
(c) On the vertical.
(d) As an ellipse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the range of the cohort lengths of all seventeen completed American generations?
2. At what age does the book Passages suggest a midlife crisis?
3. Who are coming of age in an inner-driven era?
4. How might a cataclysm affect a 70-year-old?
5. Who is most likely to enlist if a war arises?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)