|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life along the Generational Diagonal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might a cataclysm affect a 70-year-old?
(a) He'd find it calming.
(b) He'd find it inspiring.
(c) He'd find it incomprehensible.
(d) He'd find it terrifying.
2. What are children living home after college called?
(a) Rubber band.
(b) Bounce back.
(c) Bad penny.
3. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) As an ellipse.
(b) On the diagonal.
(c) On the horizontal.
(d) On the vertical.
4. What are the ages for midlife?
5. Reading vertically up any single column of Figure 2-2 demonstrates which fallacy?
(a) Intersecting fallacy.
(b) Age-bracket fallacy.
(c) Life-course fallacy.
(d) Intrinsic connection fallacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations form a generational "constellation"?
2. At what age does the book Passages suggest a midlife crisis?
3. Generally, how did Americans aged 65-80 vote in the early 1960s?
4. What would an examination of cohort groups not be likely to predict?
5. What is affected by how students are taught?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)