|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life along the Generational Diagonal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authors suggest looking at the American life cycle from what perspective?
(a) As highways
(b) As bus stations
(c) As ocean liners
(d) As trains
2. Reading vertically up any single column of Figure 2-2 demonstrates which fallacy?
(a) Intersecting fallacy.
(b) Age-bracket fallacy.
(c) Intrinsic connection fallacy.
(d) Life-course fallacy.
3. What is age-determined participation in in epochal events that occur during a lifecycle?
(a) Comin-of-age experiences.
(b) Constellation experiences.
(c) Age location.
(d) Peer personality.
4. What is true of cohort-membership?
(a) It chooses you.
(b) It is involuntary.
(c) It is age related.
(d) It is voluntary.
5. What answer is not a generational type?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ages of youth?
2. How many years are there in the life cycle of one generational constellation?
3. What were the ages of the G.I. Generation on Pearl Harbor Sunday?
4. Who wrote Grown-ups?
5. According to Figure 2-2, how were midlife people viewed in 1964?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)