|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life along the Generational Diagonal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) As an ellipse.
(b) On the horizontal.
(c) On the diagonal.
(d) On the vertical.
2. According to Figure 2-2, how were midlife people viewed in 1964?
3. Who wrote Exile's Return?
(a) Daniel Levinson.
(b) Malcolm Cowley.
(c) Ellen Lagemann.
(d) Jane Addams.
4. The authors suggest looking at the American life cycle from what perspective?
(a) As ocean liners
(b) As trains
(c) As bus stations
(d) As highways
5. How might a cataclysm affect a 70-year-old?
(a) He'd find it terrifying.
(b) He'd find it calming.
(c) He'd find it inspiring.
(d) He'd find it incomprehensible.
Short Answer Questions
1. When this book was written, which Progressive Generation had disappeared entirely?
2. How might a cataclysm affect a 10-year-old?
3. Who sought to trace universal lifecycle trends in aptitude scores?
4. What were the ages of the G.I. Generation on Pearl Harbor Sunday?
5. Who wrote Passages?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)