|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Past as Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To propel the generational cycle in the authors' proposed manner, how must a secular crisis end?
(a) With reforms.
(b) With new ideals.
(c) With triumph.
(d) With war.
2. What word was not coined during the Civil War Cycle?
3. Into what era did America move in the 1750s?
4. Where does the cohort group fall in a typical table with age on the vertical axis and calendar year on the horizontal axis?
(a) As an ellipse.
(b) On the diagonal.
(c) On the horizontal.
(d) On the vertical.
5. How many Boomer men saw combat in Vietnam?
(a) 1 in 21.
(b) 1 in 10.
(c) 1 in 16.
(d) 1 in 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when society focuses on changing the inner world of values and private behavior?
2. What was Harriet Tubman's nickname?
3. Who said a generation "is born, lives, and dies"?
4. For which seventeen year period did the SAT scores decline?
5. Who complained that the Apollo mission gave him a "guilty conscience"?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)