People Moving Through Time
• There are four generational types - Idealist, Reactive, Civic, and Adaptive
• A full generation is complete when all four types have passed through their lifecycles.
• America has completed five generational cycles.
• Generational type alters its expression as its lifecycle progresses.
• Choices of generational types leave a heritage to the ensuing generations.
Life along the Generational Diagonal
• Cohort groups are inherently permanent.
• They experience the same events known as "age location."
• Each group develops common concepts of family, education, and societal mores.
• Each generation is like a train on a diagonal track when it moves to its next level on a graph.
• Each generation impacts three new generations which enter by the time a generation reaches elderhood.
Belonging to a Generation
• The length of a generation is 22 years.
• The general role of elderhood (66-87) is that of mentors, values transmitters, and supervisors...
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)