People Moving Through Time
* There are four generational types - Idealist, Reactive, Civic, and Adaptive
* A full generation is complete when all four types have passed through their lifecycles.
* America has completed five generational cycles.
* Generational type alters its expression as its lifecycle progresses.
* Choices of generational types leave a heritage to the ensuing generations.
Life along the Generational Diagonal
* Cohort groups are inherently permanent.
* They experience the same events known as "age location."
* Each group develops common concepts of family, education, and societal mores.
* Each generation is like a train on a diagonal track when it moves to its next level on a graph.
* Each generation impacts three new generations which enter by the time a generation reaches elderhood.
Belonging to a Generation
* The length of a generation is 22 years.
* The general role of elderhood (66-87) is that of mentors, values transmitters, and supervisors.
* The primary role...
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)