|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 30 and 31 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
(a) The end of the world.
(c) New beginnings.
(d) Love and loss.
2. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) A breath of fresh air.
(b) A novice.
(c) New human beings.
(d) The forgotten past.
3. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
(c) Aloe products.
(d) Knitted sweaters.
4. What is Andy reading when Tobias arrives at his house in Chapter 13?
(a) Time magazine.
(b) TV Guide.
(c) The L.A. Times.
(d) Reader's Digest.
5. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
(a) Like a closed off crime scene.
(b) Like an old folks' home.
(c) Like an old, depilitated amusement park.
(d) Like A Vietnam War movie set.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, Andy tells a story about a young man who desperately wants to be hit by what?
2. What does Elvissa get a job as in Chapter 21?
3. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
4. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
5. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)