|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) Agatha Christie.
2. What year is it permanently in Texlahoma?
3. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
(a) He is an investment banker.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) Writes jingles.
(d) He dabbles in real estate.
4. In Andy's story, what does Edward vow to build once he makes it in New York?
(a) An empire.
(b) His dream house.
(c) A church.
(d) A tower.
5. What building does Dag point out to Andy in Chapter 16?
(a) A Cold War museum.
(b) The Institute for the Blind.
(c) The state prison.
(d) A psychiatric institute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elvissa grow up?
2. What does Elvissa do for a living?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
4. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
5. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)