|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
(a) New beginnings.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) Love and loss.
2. What is Texlahoma?
(a) A fictional reality in Andy's favorite novel.
(b) The mythical world where many of the friends' stories are set.
(c) A community on a television show.
(d) A town in Dag's dreams.
3. What does Andy wonder as he stares at his fingernails in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether he's getting enough calcium.
(b) When the world will end.
(c) Why his nails never grow.
(d) What the meaning of life is.
4. What does Tobias check in the rearview mirror of his car in Chapter 18?
(a) His tie.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His nose.
(d) His eyes.
5. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
(a) A paradise on earth.
(b) His own personal New Zealand.
(c) A cousin of the Florida Keys.
(d) Where people go to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Andy thinks of when he sees the sun?
2. What is on the postcard Otis receives from an old friend?
3. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
4. Where do Andy and Dag work?
5. Where is Claire originally from?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)