|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
(a) A cousin of the Florida Keys.
(b) Where people go to die.
(c) His own personal New Zealand.
(d) A paradise on earth.
2. Who does Dag think about contracting cancer in Chapter 1?
(a) A lifeguard.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A surfer.
3. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Agatha Christie.
(d) Truman Capote.
4. What does Claire have on her back?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
(a) How potential homebuyers may be fooled.
(b) How enthusiastic the developers were when they named it.
(c) How pretentious the homeowners must be.
(d) The creativity of the developers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
3. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
4. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
5. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)