|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12, 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Claire originally from?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
(b) What his impressions of Japan are.
(c) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
(d) What Andy is most thankful for.
3. How does Andy describe himself at age fifteen?
(a) A shadow of his true self.
(b) Practically albino.
(c) Awkward and confused.
(d) Hopeful and resilient.
4. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(b) That he could run across the country.
(c) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
(d) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
5. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) The picture that came with the frame.
(b) His family.
(c) His childhood dog.
(d) A whaling ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
2. What does Andy say his parents are terrified of in Chapter 14?
3. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
5. What does Andy say is considered just about the worst thing that can happen to you in Japan?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)