|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12, 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Have kids.
(c) Get a real job.
(d) Get some perspective.
2. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
(a) His shadow.
(b) Ludwig, his dog.
(c) A ghost called Bernice.
(d) A bird with a broken wing.
3. What industry does Dag work in before moving to Palm Springs?
(d) Real Estate.
4. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
(a) Marc Chagal.
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Pablo Picasso.
(d) Andy Warhol.
5. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) A shopping spree.
(b) A terrifying cab ride.
(c) A love affair.
(d) Semiclinical depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
2. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
3. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
4. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
5. After he quits his office job, what label does Dag give himself and his new lifestyle?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)