|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12, 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
(b) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(c) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
(d) That he could run across the country.
2. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) New human beings.
(b) The forgotten past.
(c) A novice.
(d) A breath of fresh air.
3. In Chapter 12, who is said to have disappeared the day after the picnic?
4. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Exist.
(b) Monsters Over There.
(c) Monsters Under the Bed.
(d) Monsters Escape.
5. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
(a) How enthusiastic the developers were when they named it.
(b) How potential homebuyers may be fooled.
(c) The creativity of the developers.
(d) How pretentious the homeowners must be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andy reading when Tobias arrives at his house in Chapter 13?
2. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
3. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
4. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
5. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)