|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 12, 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
(a) A cousin of the Florida Keys.
(b) A paradise on earth.
(c) His own personal New Zealand.
(d) Where people go to die.
2. What disturbing artifacts does Andy mention Claire keeps in what should be her dining room?
(a) Baby shoes.
(d) Old appliances.
3. Andy says moving to which location has improved the three friends' lives?
(a) The city.
(b) The country.
(c) The desert.
(d) The coast.
4. What sickness does Buck come down with?
(a) Infection from a stab wound.
(b) Space poisoning.
(c) Chronic fatigue syndrome.
5. Who does Dag think about contracting cancer in Chapter 1?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) A surfer.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A lifeguard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Tobias have for Andy?
2. What are Texlahomans required by law to put on their cars?
3. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
4. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)