|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) A shopping spree.
(b) A love affair.
(c) A terrifying cab ride.
(d) Semiclinical depression.
2. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
(b) Deer hunter.
(d) Umbrella salesman.
3. What is Texlahoma?
(a) A fictional reality in Andy's favorite novel.
(b) A town in Dag's dreams.
(c) A community on a television show.
(d) The mythical world where many of the friends' stories are set.
4. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) The forgotten past.
(b) A novice.
(c) New human beings.
(d) A breath of fresh air.
5. Who is Curtis?
(a) Dag's co-worker who he sometimes plays basketball with.
(b) A man who has been stalking Claire.
(c) The boy who lived next door to Elvissa when she was young.
(d) Andy's jogging buddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry does Dag work in before moving to Palm Springs?
2. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
3. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
4. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
5. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)