|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9,10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He dabbles in real estate.
(c) He is an investment banker.
(d) Writes jingles.
2. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
(a) Like A Vietnam War movie set.
(b) Like a closed off crime scene.
(c) Like an old, depilitated amusement park.
(d) Like an old folks' home.
3. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
(a) Planting trees in British Columbia.
(b) Teaching English in Asia.
(c) Stocking shelfs during the night shift.
4. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
(a) Like chicken scratch.
(b) Like a taxi driver's.
(c) Like a doctor's.
(d) Like a child's.
5. What does Andy recall happened to Claire's father at the resort pool?
(a) He hits on the lifeguard.
(b) He is punched by another patron.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He slips and cracks his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
2. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
3. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
4. What does Andy wonder as he stares at his fingernails in Chapter 6?
5. What is Andy's language of specialty?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)