|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9,10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) A whaling ship.
(b) The picture that came with the frame.
(c) His family.
(d) His childhood dog.
2. What year is it permanently in Texlahoma?
3. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
(a) Stocking shelfs during the night shift.
(c) Planting trees in British Columbia.
(d) Teaching English in Asia.
4. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
(b) What his impressions of Japan are.
(c) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
(d) What Andy is most thankful for.
5. In Chapter 5, what does Dag say is necessary for someone to become famous?
(a) Willpower and charisma.
(b) Connections with the right people.
(c) Luck and more luck.
(d) A lot of people must make a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dag's brother Matthew live?
2. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
3. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
4. Where do Andy and Dag work?
5. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)