|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 24, 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building does Dag point out to Andy in Chapter 16?
(a) The Institute for the Blind.
(b) The state prison.
(c) A Cold War museum.
(d) A psychiatric institute.
2. What does Andy recall Tyler saying about the name "Andrew" in Chapter 24?
(a) It looks good on a resume.
(b) Andrews are always good men.
(c) It sounds religious.
(d) It's a good name for a child.
3. What does Andy make a shopping trip to buy on Christmas Eve?
(a) Different sorts of candles.
(b) A watch for his father.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A nice suit to wear on Christmas Day.
4. Who is Curtis?
(a) Dag's co-worker who he sometimes plays basketball with.
(b) Andy's jogging buddy.
(c) A man who has been stalking Claire.
(d) The boy who lived next door to Elvissa when she was young.
5. What does Andy say is considered just about the worst thing that can happen to you in Japan?
(a) Getting too drunk.
(b) Speaking out of turn.
(c) Being singled out.
(d) Getting lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
2. What is Andy's language of specialty?
3. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
4. What does Tobias say his memory of life on Earth is?
5. What does Elvissa call rich women with good haircuts and good clothes?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)