|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 24, 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
(a) Game shows.
(b) A documentary.
(c) The news.
(d) A movie.
2. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
(a) Moving up in the world.
(b) No longer having a personality.
(c) Accepting responsibility.
(d) Being an adult.
3. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
(a) Because he can't stand his parents.
(b) Because his family would not have missed him if he didn't go.
(c) Because he is "too old."
(d) Because the trip is long.
4. What does Andy say is considered just about the worst thing that can happen to you in Japan?
(a) Getting too drunk.
(b) Speaking out of turn.
(c) Being singled out.
(d) Getting lost.
5. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) New beginnings.
(d) Love and loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
2. What does Tyler call his parents' house in Chapter 24?
3. What is Elvissa's real name?
4. In Andy's story, what does Edward vow to build once he makes it in New York?
5. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)