|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 24, 25, 26 and 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
(a) Having a beer with friends.
(b) Driving along a highway in November.
(c) The smell of bacon.
(d) Palm trees.
2. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
(a) Burl Ives.
(b) The weatherman.
(c) A group of young protestors.
(d) A news anchor.
3. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
(a) Being an adult.
(b) No longer having a personality.
(c) Accepting responsibility.
(d) Moving up in the world.
4. What is Claire's brother's name?
5. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What Andy is most thankful for.
(b) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
(c) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
(d) What his impressions of Japan are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
2. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
3. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
4. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
5. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)