|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did a leak say was not really in the hospital, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
2. Thompson wrote that if Oliver North wanted to avoid prison, he would have to indict who in "Ollie's Choice?"
3. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson considered that acid rain and what would be the legacy of the Reagan Administration?
4. "The Death Ship" describes a barge in the Northeast carrying what?
5. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the people Thompson cited, in "Swine of the Week"?
2. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
3. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
4. Who were "Crazy Patrick and Big Al"? What did Thompson foretell in this chapter?
5. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
6. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
7. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
8. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
9. Whose testimony did Thompson describe, in "Blame it on Dead Bill"? What happened?
10. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Thompson's experiences in the salvage industry in Florida. Why did he go there? Why did he leave?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the business of dog fighting as presented in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat." What is Thompson's position on dog fighting? What legalities surround it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events of the Watergate scandal. Who were the principle political figures? How did Watergate impact history?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)