|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson write was frequently quoting Bible verses, in "The Lake of Fire?"
2. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
3. Whose testimony was described, in "Blame It on Dead Bill?"
4. In "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs," the seven dwarfs refered to the seven what?
5. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
2. Who were the people Thompson cited, in "Swine of the Week"?
3. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
4. How did Thompson associate schizophrenics with the Democratic Party in the text?
5. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
6. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
7. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
8. Who were "Crazy Patrick and Big Al"? What did Thompson foretell in this chapter?
9. Whose testimony did Thompson describe, in "Blame it on Dead Bill"? What happened?
10. How did Thompson show the public opinion of Oliver North in, "It Was You, Charlie"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the business of dog fighting as presented in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat." What is Thompson's position on dog fighting? What legalities surround it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Thompson's adventures with sports betting in the text. What teams did Thompson bet on and why? What were the outcomes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the events surrounding the Chernobyl disaster. How many people were killed? Why did Thompson discuss this event?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)