Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
2. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
3. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Thompson's experiences in the salvage industry in Florida. Why did he go there? Why did he leave?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relations between the United States and the U.S.S.R. during the 1980s. What is the significance of the meetings between Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Thompson's use of imagery and symbolism in the articles. What are examples of symbols that tie into overarching themes in the text?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)