|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Thompson, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
2. Whose presidential campaign was caught up in a fund-raising scandal, in "The Loved Ones?"
3. In "I Slit My Own Eyeballs," Thompson described _____ as a truly horrific month for politicians running for office.
4. In "The Garden of Agony," Thompson analyzed the role of what in politics?
5. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
2. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
3. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
4. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
5. What were Thompson's predictions, in "The Trickle Down Theory"?
6. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
7. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
8. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
9. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
10. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the television news industry as depicted by Thompson in the book. How has the news industry changed in 25 years?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conflict between President Reagan and Libyan dictator Moammar Khadafy. What events took place during this conflict? How did they affect the polls in the election?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the article "They Called Him Deep Throat." Who are the figures in this narrative? What was the correlation that Thompson was making?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)