|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw the scandals as a witch hunt against Ronald Reagan, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
2. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
3. Who was the Secretary of State that Thompson addresses in "Letter to the President?"
4. Thompson believed who would be forced to retire, in "The Year of the Pig?"
5. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
2. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
3. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
4. What were Thompson's predictions, in "The Trickle Down Theory"?
5. What scandal took place in "The Loser's Club"? What was Thompson's suggested solution?
6. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
7. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
8. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
9. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
10. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thompson's adventures with sports betting in the text. What teams did Thompson bet on and why? What were the outcomes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Thompson's experiences in the salvage industry in Florida. Why did he go there? Why did he leave?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the events surrounding the Chernobyl disaster. How many people were killed? Why did Thompson discuss this event?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)