Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
2. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
3. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thompson's adventures with sports betting in the text. What teams did Thompson bet on and why? What were the outcomes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narrative in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor." Who are the characters in this story? In what narrative voice and tense is the article?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events of the Watergate scandal. Who were the principle political figures? How did Watergate impact history?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)