|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thompson discussed the large number of what in America, in "Four More Years?"
2. What did Thompson kill, in "A Death in the Family?"
3. Thompson wrote that if Oliver North wanted to avoid prison, he would have to indict who in "Ollie's Choice?"
4. Who was the head of the CIA during the time the book was written?
5. In "The Other George Bush," Skinner asserted that George Bush is smarter than whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
2. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
3. Whose testimony did Thompson describe, in "Blame it on Dead Bill"? What happened?
4. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
5. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
6. How did Thompson associate schizophrenics with the Democratic Party in the text?
7. How did Thompson show the public opinion of Oliver North in, "It Was You, Charlie"?
8. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
9. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
10. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the television news industry as depicted by Thompson in the book. How has the news industry changed in 25 years?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Thompson's use of imagery and symbolism in the articles. What are examples of symbols that tie into overarching themes in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the article "They Called Him Deep Throat." Who are the figures in this narrative? What was the correlation that Thompson was making?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)