Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
2. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
3. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
Discuss Thompson's adventures with sports betting in the text. What teams did Thompson bet on and why? What were the outcomes?
Discuss the television news industry as depicted by Thompson in the book. How has the news industry changed in 25 years?
Explain the details of the Iran-Contra scandal. Who was involved? How did it affect American policy?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)