|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did a leak say was not really in the hospital, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
2. Who ran against Nixon in the 46th presidential election?
3. Thompson believed that who has a chance at the presidential election in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs?"
4. Who did Bush debate in "President Bush Will See You Now?"
5. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
2. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
3. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
4. What scandal took place in "The Loser's Club"? What was Thompson's suggested solution?
5. Who were the people Thompson cited, in "Swine of the Week"?
6. What did Thompson write of George Schultz, in "Cowboys at Sea"?
7. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
8. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
9. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
10. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relations between the United States and the U.S.S.R. during the 1980s. What is the significance of the meetings between Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conflict between President Reagan and Libyan dictator Moammar Khadafy. What events took place during this conflict? How did they affect the polls in the election?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the events which took place in Haiti during the late 1980s. What was Reagan's reaction to Haiti's shift in power?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)