|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
2. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
3. In "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs," the seven dwarfs refered to the seven what?
4. Who ran against Nixon in the 46th presidential election?
5. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the details of the Iran-Contra scandal. Who was involved? How did it affect American policy?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the events surrounding Filipino President Marcos. What took place in his re-election? What was the outcome of this scandal?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the television news industry as depicted by Thompson in the book. How has the news industry changed in 25 years?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)