Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
2. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
3. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the narrative in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor." Who are the characters in this story? In what narrative voice and tense is the article?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relations between the United States and the U.S.S.R. during the 1980s. What is the significance of the meetings between Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conflict between President Reagan and Libyan dictator Moammar Khadafy. What events took place during this conflict? How did they affect the polls in the election?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)