|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
2. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
3. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
4. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
5. How many days did the dynamite-laden vehicle sit in Thompson's yard before a neighbor blew it up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events of the Watergate scandal. Who were the principle political figures? How did Watergate impact history?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conflict between President Reagan and Libyan dictator Moammar Khadafy. What events took place during this conflict? How did they affect the polls in the election?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author, Hunter S. Thompson. What style of journalism is Thompson known for originating? What are elements of his writing style? Give examples from the text in your answer.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)