|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The weapons supplied to the Iranian regime killed hundreds of marines where?
2. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
3. What National Security Adviser attempted suicide in "Gone with the Wind?"
4. Where did Thompson have lunch, in "It Was You, Charlie?"
5. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
Short Essay Questions
1. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
2. Whose testimony did Thompson describe, in "Blame it on Dead Bill"? What happened?
3. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
4. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
5. Who were "Crazy Patrick and Big Al"? What did Thompson foretell in this chapter?
6. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
7. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
8. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
9. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
10. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the outcome of the 1988 Presidential Election. What was Thompson's take on the final victory? To whom did Thompson write in his final article of the text? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the article "They Called Him Deep Throat." Who are the figures in this narrative? What was the correlation that Thompson was making?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrative in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor." Who are the characters in this story? In what narrative voice and tense is the article?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)