Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
2. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
3. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
Essay Topic 1
What did Thompson write about the Hurricane Crisis Program in the text? What examples did he cite? Why did he feel as he did?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the business of dog fighting as presented in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat." What is Thompson's position on dog fighting? What legalities surround it?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the details of the Iran-Contra scandal. Who was involved? How did it affect American policy?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)