|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "I Slit My Own Eyeballs," Thompson described _____ as a truly horrific month for politicians running for office.
2. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
3. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
4. Where did Thompson go, in "White Trash with Money?"
5. Whose testimony was described, in "Blame It on Dead Bill?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
2. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
3. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
4. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
5. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
6. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
7. Who were "Crazy Patrick and Big Al"? What did Thompson foretell in this chapter?
8. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
9. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
10. What were Thompson's predictions, in "The Trickle Down Theory"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the events which took place in Haiti during the late 1980s. What was Reagan's reaction to Haiti's shift in power?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the campaign of Senator Ted Kennedy in the 1988 Presidential Election. What scandals are associated with Kennedy? What events took place in the election?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Thompson's experiences in the salvage industry in Florida. Why did he go there? Why did he leave?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)