|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
2. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
3. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the article "They Called Him Deep Throat." Who are the figures in this narrative? What was the correlation that Thompson was making?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Thompson's adventures with sports betting in the text. What teams did Thompson bet on and why? What were the outcomes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the outcome of the 1988 Presidential Election. What was Thompson's take on the final victory? To whom did Thompson write in his final article of the text? Why?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)