|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs," the seven dwarfs refered to the seven what?
2. What did Thompson assert had been dysfunctional for many years, in "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs?"
3. What National Security Adviser attempted suicide in "Gone with the Wind?"
4. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
5. In "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs," Thompson compared the implosion of Gary Hart's political career to what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the narrative in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor." Who are the characters in this story? In what narrative voice and tense is the article?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the business of dog fighting as presented in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat." What is Thompson's position on dog fighting? What legalities surround it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the campaign of Gary Hart in the 1988 Presidential Election. What scandals emerged during the campaign and how did they affect polls?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)