|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
2. What Democratic Senator did Thompson attack in "The Losers' Club?"
3. In "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs," the seven dwarfs refered to the seven what?
4. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
5. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Thompson associate schizophrenics with the Democratic Party in the text?
2. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
3. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
4. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
5. What did Thompson write of George Schultz, in "Cowboys at Sea"?
6. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
7. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
8. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
9. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
10. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relations between the United States and the U.S.S.R. during the 1980s. What is the significance of the meetings between Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the campaign of Senator Ted Kennedy in the 1988 Presidential Election. What scandals are associated with Kennedy? What events took place in the election?
Essay Topic 3
What did Thompson write about the Hurricane Crisis Program in the text? What examples did he cite? Why did he feel as he did?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)