Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
2. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
3. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Thompson's experiences in the salvage industry in Florida. Why did he go there? Why did he leave?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Thompson's use of imagery and symbolism in the articles. What are examples of symbols that tie into overarching themes in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the business of dog fighting as presented in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat." What is Thompson's position on dog fighting? What legalities surround it?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)