|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did a leak say was not really in the hospital, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
2. Whose presidential campaign was caught up in a fund-raising scandal, in "The Loved Ones?"
3. Who was the head of the CIA during the time the book was written?
4. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
5. What did Thompson assert had been dysfunctional for many years, in "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thompson encounter a psychic in "The Gizzard of Darkness"?
2. Where was the Iran-Contra scandal introduced in the book? What did Thompson write initially of his predictions?
3. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
4. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
5. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
6. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
7. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
8. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
9. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
10. What scandal took place in "The Loser's Club"? What was Thompson's suggested solution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the business of dog fighting as presented in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat." What is Thompson's position on dog fighting? What legalities surround it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the television news industry as depicted by Thompson in the book. How has the news industry changed in 25 years?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Thompson's assertions regarding religion, politics, and hypocrisy in "The Hellfire Club."
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)