|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
2. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
3. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
4. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
5. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the article "They Called Him Deep Throat" structured? Why?
2. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
3. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll"? What were his conclusions of it?
4. Describe Thompson's plans in "The Worst People in the World."
5. What took place in Thompson's episodic "Last Dance in Dumb Town"?
6. Why did Thompson place the bet he did in "Meat Sickness"?
7. What did Thompson state in his author's note that he cited more than any other source? Why?
8. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
9. What did Thompson write about "driving" in "The Dim and Dirty Road"?
10. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the television news industry as depicted by Thompson in the book. How has the news industry changed in 25 years?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the business of dog fighting as presented in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat." What is Thompson's position on dog fighting? What legalities surround it?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the outcome of the 1988 Presidential Election. What was Thompson's take on the final victory? To whom did Thompson write in his final article of the text? Why?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)