Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
2. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
3. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
4. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
5. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
2. What did Thompson assert of Robertson, in "Rise of the TV Preachers"?
3. How is Gary Hart introduced in "Gary Hart Talks Politics"? What wasThompson's opinion of Hart?
4. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
5. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
6. What did Thompson do in Las Vegas in "Bull Market on The Strip"?
7. What did Thompson write about Lester Maddox in the book?
8. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
9. What scandal took place in "The Loser's Club"? What was Thompson's suggested solution?
10. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
Explain the events surrounding Filipino President Marcos. What took place in his re-election? What was the outcome of this scandal?
Discuss the outcome of the 1988 Presidential Election. What was Thompson's take on the final victory? To whom did Thompson write in his final article of the text? Why?
Discuss the television news industry as depicted by Thompson in the book. How has the news industry changed in 25 years?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)