Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
2. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
3. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
4. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
5. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
2. What did Thompson assert of Robertson, in "Rise of the TV Preachers"?
3. How is Gary Hart introduced in "Gary Hart Talks Politics"? What wasThompson's opinion of Hart?
4. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
5. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
6. What did Thompson do in Las Vegas in "Bull Market on The Strip"?
7. What did Thompson write about Lester Maddox in the book?
8. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
9. What scandal took place in "The Loser's Club"? What was Thompson's suggested solution?
10. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
Discuss Thompson's assertions regarding religion, politics, and hypocrisy in "The Hellfire Club."
Describe the campaign of Gary Hart in the 1988 Presidential Election. What scandals emerged during the campaign and how did they affect polls?
Discuss the campaign of Senator Ted Kennedy in the 1988 Presidential Election. What scandals are associated with Kennedy? What events took place in the election?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)