|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
2. In "Lester Maddox Lives," the Supreme Court refused to overturn which anti-sodomy law?
3. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
4. "The Pro-Flogging View" was a response to a letter from whom?
5. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Thompson meet with, in "The Turk Comes to TV News"? What was the subject of this meeting?
2. What did Thompson assert of Robertson, in "Rise of the TV Preachers"?
3. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
4. How did Thompson compare the Chinese government's drug wars to the U.S. government's?
5. Describe Thompson's salvage business. Who were his compatriots?
6. Why did Thompson hope to go to Haiti in "Kill Them Before They Eat"?
7. What did Thompson state in his author's note that he cited more than any other source? Why?
8. What took place in Thompson's episodic "Last Dance in Dumb Town"?
9. What did Thompson write about Lester Maddox in the book?
10. Who was Ralph Steadman? How did Thompson describe him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the events surrounding the Chernobyl disaster. How many people were killed? Why did Thompson discuss this event?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conflict between President Reagan and Libyan dictator Moammar Khadafy. What events took place during this conflict? How did they affect the polls in the election?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Thompson's assertions regarding religion, politics, and hypocrisy in "The Hellfire Club."
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)