|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What National Security Adviser attempted suicide in "Gone with the Wind?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Alexander Haig.
(c) Robert McFarlane.
(d) James Carville.
2. Who did Thompson believe would likely go to prison in Fort Leavenworth, in "The Lord and a Good Lawyer?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Oliver North.
(d) Patrick Buchanan.
3. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
4. Who did a leak say was not really in the hospital, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
(a) William Casey.
(b) Andrew Casey.
(c) William Johnson.
(d) Ed Meese.
5. Who was the House of Representatives Counsel in the Oliver North hearings?
(a) Mark Allen Alexander.
(b) John Nields.
(c) Michael Edwards.
(d) William. Hoff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the architect of the Republican campaign in the 1986 Congressional elections on television?
2. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson suggested there was a strong possibility Reagan would what?
3. What made Thompson particularly angry with the school system, in "Expelled from the System?"
4. Who was the Secretary of State that Thompson addresses in "Letter to the President?"
5. Where did Thompson go, in "White Trash with Money?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
2. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
3. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
4. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
5. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
6. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
7. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
8. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
9. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
10. What were Thompson's complaints, in "Expelled from the System"? Why?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)