|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ran against Nixon in the 46th presidential election?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Hubert Humphrey.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
2. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
(a) Bob Dole.
(b) Al Gore.
(c) Alexander Haig.
(d) Glen Beck.
3. What did Thompson and his friend do after the Super Bowl, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) Play music.
(b) Arm wrestle.
(c) Play golf.
(d) Play pool.
4. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
(a) War in Iraq.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) Iran-Contra scandal.
5. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
(a) New York Giants.
(b) Denver Broncos.
(c) Chicago Bears.
(d) Washington Redskins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson assert had been dysfunctional for many years, in "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs?"
2. Who was forced to relocate PLO headquarters from Tunis, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
3. Who found Thompson, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
4. In "The Time Has Come," Thompson discussed a poll that said the majority of voters would vote for who in November?
5. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
2. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
3. What were Thompson's complaints, in "Expelled from the System"? Why?
4. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
5. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
6. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
7. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
8. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
9. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
10. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)