|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson write was frequently quoting Bible verses, in "The Lake of Fire?"
(a) Oliver North.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Patrick Buchanan.
(d) George Bush.
2. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
(a) Saturday Night Live.
(b) I Love Lucy.
(c) A Beatles song.
(d) A John Denver song.
3. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A Corvette.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A truck.
4. In "The Garden of Agony," Thompson analyzed the role of what in politics?
5. Who did Thompson's friend bet on in his Superbowl bet, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) Chicago Bears.
(b) Denver Broncos.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) New England Patriots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thompson have lunch, in "It Was You, Charlie?"
2. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
3. Who did Thompson discover was behind the breaking of the Gary Hart scandal in "The Time of the Geek?"
4. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
5. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Thompson associate schizophrenics with the Democratic Party in the text?
2. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
3. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
4. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
5. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
6. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
7. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
8. Why did Thompson encounter a psychic in "The Gizzard of Darkness"?
9. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
10. Who were "Crazy Patrick and Big Al"? What did Thompson foretell in this chapter?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)