|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson suggested there was a strong possibility Reagan would what?
(b) Be assassinated.
(c) Be impeached.
(d) Have a heart attack.
2. "The Death Ship" describes a barge in the Northeast carrying what?
3. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) A generation.
4. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The British Prime Minister.
(b) The Israeli President.
(c) The French President.
(d) The Tunisian President.
5. Who did Thompson believe would likely go to prison in Fort Leavenworth, in "The Lord and a Good Lawyer?"
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Patrick Buchanan.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Oliver North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claimed his wife was dying in "Doomed Love in the Rockies?"
2. Who ran against Nixon in the 46th presidential election?
3. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson considered that acid rain and what would be the legacy of the Reagan Administration?
4. In "I Slit My Own Eyeballs," Thompson described _____ as a truly horrific month for politicians running for office.
5. Where did Thompson go, in "White Trash with Money?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
2. Where was the Iran-Contra scandal introduced in the book? What did Thompson write initially of his predictions?
3. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
4. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
5. Who were the people Thompson cited, in "Swine of the Week"?
6. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
7. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
8. Whose testimony did Thompson describe, in "Blame it on Dead Bill"? What happened?
9. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
10. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)