|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose testimony did Thompson analyze, in "Cowboys at Sea?"
(a) George Schultz.
(b) Oliver North.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Ed Meese.
2. What Democratic Senator on the Senate Judiciary Committee was a presidential nominee?
(a) Joe Biden.
(b) Michael Dukakis.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
3. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The French President.
(b) The Tunisian President.
(c) The Israeli President.
(d) The British Prime Minister.
4. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) A generation.
5. What obscure musician did Skinner claim George Bush is a fan of, in "The Other George Bush?"
(a) The Beatles.
(c) Tom Waits.
(d) Leonard Cohen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson remind that Oliver North supplied the Iranians with arms in "It was You, Charlie?"
2. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
3. Thompson discussed the large number of what in America, in "Four More Years?"
4. "The Weak in the Weird" is an analysis of whose presidential campaign?
5. Who did Thompson write was frequently quoting Bible verses, in "The Lake of Fire?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
2. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
3. What did Thompson write of George Schultz, in "Cowboys at Sea"?
4. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
5. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
6. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
7. What scandal took place in "The Loser's Club"? What was Thompson's suggested solution?
8. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
9. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
10. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)