|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose testimony did Thompson analyze, in "Cowboys at Sea?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) George Bush.
(c) George Schultz.
(d) Oliver North.
2. In "Wooing the Degenerate Vote," Thompson predicted that who would make a comeback and win the 1988 election?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
3. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
4. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson considered that acid rain and what would be the legacy of the Reagan Administration?
5. Who called Thompson, in "The Other George Bush?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw the scandals as a witch hunt against Ronald Reagan, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
2. Thompson discussed the large number of what in America, in "Four More Years?"
3. Who was the architect of the Republican campaign in the 1986 Congressional elections on television?
4. What US Senator did Thompson hold as a fore-runner in the Republican primaries, in "Crazy Patrick and Big Al?"
5. Michael Dukakis was the governor of what state during the 1988 elections?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
2. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
3. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
4. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
5. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
6. Who were "Crazy Patrick and Big Al"? What did Thompson foretell in this chapter?
7. How did Thompson associate schizophrenics with the Democratic Party in the text?
8. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
9. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
10. Why did Thompson encounter a psychic in "The Gizzard of Darkness"?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)