|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Other George Bush," Skinner asserted that George Bush is smarter than whom?
(a) Andrew Walker.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
2. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) A generation.
(d) 4 years.
3. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A truck.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A Corvette.
4. Who was Nixon's Chief of Domestic Affairs?
(a) John Erlichman.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Alexander Haig.
(d) Edward Walton.
5. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The Tunisian President.
(b) The British Prime Minister.
(c) The Israeli President.
(d) The French President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
2. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
3. What made Thompson particularly angry with the school system, in "Expelled from the System?"
4. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
5. What did Thompson and his friend do after the Super Bowl, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Thompson's predictions, in "The Trickle Down Theory"?
2. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
3. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
4. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
5. How did Thompson show the public opinion of Oliver North in, "It Was You, Charlie"?
6. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
7. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
8. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
9. Where was the Iran-Contra scandal introduced in the book? What did Thompson write initially of his predictions?
10. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)