|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
(a) Oral Roberts,
(b) Kieth Baker.
(c) James Williams.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
2. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
(a) Alexander Williams.
(b) James Skawinski.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Lowell Harrelson.
3. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
(a) New York Giants.
(b) Chicago Bears.
(c) Denver Broncos.
(d) Washington Redskins.
4. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Oliver North.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
5. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
(a) Alexander Haig.
(b) Alexander Williams.
(c) Alex Beck.
(d) Al Gore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
2. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
3. Whose testimony did Thompson analyze, in "Cowboys at Sea?"
4. Michael Dukakis was the governor of what state during the 1988 elections?
5. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
2. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
3. How did Thompson associate schizophrenics with the Democratic Party in the text?
4. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
5. What were Thompson's complaints, in "Expelled from the System"? Why?
6. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
7. How did Thompson show the public opinion of Oliver North in, "It Was You, Charlie"?
8. Where was the Iran-Contra scandal introduced in the book? What did Thompson write initially of his predictions?
9. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
10. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)