|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A truck.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A Corvette.
2. Who was likely to go on trial, in "The American Dream?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) Oliver North.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
3. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
(a) Chicago Bears.
(b) Washington Redskins.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) Denver Broncos.
4. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
(a) Taking in Afrikaner refugees.
(b) Waging war on Iraq.
(c) Waging war on South Africa.
(d) Waging war on Northern Ireland.
5. Who was Richard Nixon's attorney during the Watergate scandal?
(a) Michael Enderson.
(b) Edward Walton.
(c) Herbert Kalmbach.
(d) John Erlichman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
2. In "Cowboys at Sea," Thompson related the testimony in court to an attack of an oil tanker where?
3. A major scandal at what U.S. Embassy took place in "The Losers' Club?"
4. Whose presidential campaign was caught up in a fund-raising scandal, in "The Loved Ones?"
5. Who called Thompson, in "The Other George Bush?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Thompson show the public opinion of Oliver North in, "It Was You, Charlie"?
2. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
3. Why did Thompson encounter a psychic in "The Gizzard of Darkness"?
4. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
5. Where was the Iran-Contra scandal introduced in the book? What did Thompson write initially of his predictions?
6. Whose testimony did Thompson describe, in "Blame it on Dead Bill"? What happened?
7. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
8. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
9. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
10. Who were "Crazy Patrick and Big Al"? What did Thompson foretell in this chapter?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)