|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
(b) Ralph Wixom.
(d) Jack Parker.
2. Who called Thompson, in "The Other George Bush?"
3. What National Security Adviser attempted suicide in "Gone with the Wind?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) James Carville.
(c) Robert McFarlane.
(d) Alexander Haig.
4. Thompson discussed the large number of what in America, in "Four More Years?"
5. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Yassir Arafat.
(b) Vladimir Putin.
(c) Carlo Rozzini.
(d) Eugene Hasenfus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The End of an Era," Thompson asserted that all of the smart people had already done what?
2. In "The Garden of Agony," Thompson analyzed the role of what in politics?
3. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
4. Whose testimony did Thompson analyze, in "Cowboys at Sea?"
5. In "Cowboys at Sea," Thompson related the testimony in court to an attack of an oil tanker where?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
2. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
3. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
4. Where was the Iran-Contra scandal introduced in the book? What did Thompson write initially of his predictions?
5. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
6. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
7. What scandal took place in "The Loser's Club"? What was Thompson's suggested solution?
8. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
9. Why did Thompson encounter a psychic in "The Gizzard of Darkness"?
10. Who were the people Thompson cited, in "Swine of the Week"?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)