|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thompson go, in "White Trash with Money?"
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
2. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
3. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
(a) Richard Ensler.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) Andrew McWarren.
(d) Robert Bork.
4. In "I Slit My Own Eyeballs," Thompson described _____ as a truly horrific month for politicians running for office.
5. Who did Thompson believe would likely go to prison in Fort Leavenworth, in "The Lord and a Good Lawyer?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Oliver North.
(d) Patrick Buchanan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson take to a psychic for legal advice, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
2. What was the home state of President Richard Nixon?
3. Thompson believed that the Iran-Contra scandal would make what look like nothing in comparison, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
4. What did Thompson and his friend do after the Super Bowl, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
5. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
2. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
3. What did Thompson write of George Schultz, in "Cowboys at Sea"?
4. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
5. What were Thompson's predictions, in "The Trickle Down Theory"?
6. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
7. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
8. Why did Thompson encounter a psychic in "The Gizzard of Darkness"?
9. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
10. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)