|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Garden of Agony," Thompson analyzed the role of what in politics?
2. In "Cowboys at Sea," Thompson related the testimony in court to an attack of an oil tanker where?
3. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
(c) Ralph Wixom.
(d) Jack Parker.
4. What did Thompson assert had been dysfunctional for many years, in "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs?"
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The United States.
(c) The Congress.
(d) The Republican Party.
5. In "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs," Thompson compared the implosion of Gary Hart's political career to what?
(a) A cesspool.
(b) "Casey at the Bat."
(c) A genie's lamp.
(d) A rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson marveled at how fast the political landscape had changed in what amount of time?
2. Who found Thompson, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
3. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
4. In "The End of an Era," Thompson asserted that all of the smart people had already done what?
5. Who did Thompson believe would likely go to prison in Fort Leavenworth, in "The Lord and a Good Lawyer?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
2. To whom did Hunter S. Thompson write in the end of the book? Why?
3. What were Thompson's predictions, in "The Trickle Down Theory"?
4. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
5. Whose testimony did Thompson describe, in "Blame it on Dead Bill"? What happened?
6. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
7. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
8. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
9. What were Thompson's complaints, in "Expelled from the System"? Why?
10. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)