|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Weak in the Weird" is an analysis of whose presidential campaign?
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Michael Dukakis.
(d) Joe Biden.
2. Who was Richard Nixon's attorney during the Watergate scandal?
(a) John Erlichman.
(b) Michael Enderson.
(c) Edward Walton.
(d) Herbert Kalmbach.
3. Thompson wrote that if Oliver North wanted to avoid prison, he would have to indict who in "Ollie's Choice?"
(a) Meese or Bush.
(b) Bush or Reagan.
(c) Meese or Anders.
(d) Reagan or Meese.
4. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
(a) James Wilson.
(b) Andrew McWarren.
(c) Robert Bork.
(d) Richard Ensler.
5. In "Wooing the Degenerate Vote," Thompson predicted that who would make a comeback and win the 1988 election?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
2. In "I Slit My Own Eyeballs," Thompson described _____ as a truly horrific month for politicians running for office.
3. Who was likely to go on trial, in "The American Dream?"
4. "The Death Ship" describes a barge in the Northeast carrying what?
5. A major scandal at what U.S. Embassy took place in "The Losers' Club?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
2. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
3. Why did Thompson encounter a psychic in "The Gizzard of Darkness"?
4. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
5. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
6. Who were "Crazy Patrick and Big Al"? What did Thompson foretell in this chapter?
7. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
8. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
9. How did Thompson show the public opinion of Oliver North in, "It Was You, Charlie"?
10. What were Thompson's complaints, in "Expelled from the System"? Why?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)