|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
(a) Far more complex.
(b) Far more dangerous.
(c) Far more evil.
(d) Far less evil.
2. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
3. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A truck.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A motorcycle.
4. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
(a) Chirnobyl disaster.
(b) Gary Hart scandal.
(c) Iran-Contra scandal.
(d) Watergate scandal.
5. Who did Thompson remind that Oliver North supplied the Iranians with arms in "It was You, Charlie?"
(a) Crazy Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thompson have lunch, in "It Was You, Charlie?"
2. What obscure musician did Skinner claim George Bush is a fan of, in "The Other George Bush?"
3. Thompson believed that who has a chance at the presidential election in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs?"
4. Who did Thompson believe would likely go to prison in Fort Leavenworth, in "The Lord and a Good Lawyer?"
5. What did Thompson assert had been dysfunctional for many years, in "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
2. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
3. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
4. What did Thompson write of George Schultz, in "Cowboys at Sea"?
5. Who were the people Thompson cited, in "Swine of the Week"?
6. Where was the Iran-Contra scandal introduced in the book? What did Thompson write initially of his predictions?
7. Whose testimony did Thompson describe, in "Blame it on Dead Bill"? What happened?
8. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
9. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
10. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)