|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
(a) Andrew McWarren.
(b) Robert Bork.
(c) James Wilson.
(d) Richard Ensler.
2. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
(a) Jesse James.
(b) John Hinckley.
(c) Ted Kazinski.
(d) Mark David Chapman.
3. Where did Thompson go, in "White Trash with Money?"
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Fort Lauderdale.
4. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
(a) Far less evil.
(b) Far more evil.
(c) Far more complex.
(d) Far more dangerous.
5. The weapons supplied to the Iranian regime killed hundreds of marines where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
2. Who did Bush debate in "President Bush Will See You Now?"
3. Who claimed his wife was dying in "Doomed Love in the Rockies?"
4. Thompson believed who would be forced to retire, in "The Year of the Pig?"
5. Who was the architect of the Republican campaign in the 1986 Congressional elections on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were "Crazy Patrick and Big Al"? What did Thompson foretell in this chapter?
2. Whose testimony did Thompson describe, in "Blame it on Dead Bill"? What happened?
3. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
4. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
5. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind"?
6. What is the subject of the article, "The Loved Ones"?
7. What were Thompson's complaints, in "Expelled from the System"? Why?
8. Why did Thompson encounter a psychic in "The Gizzard of Darkness"?
9. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
10. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)