|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Yassir Arafat.
(b) Carlo Rozzini.
(c) Vladimir Putin.
(d) Eugene Hasenfus.
2. Who was the architect of the Republican campaign in the 1986 Congressional elections on television?
(a) James Daniels.
(b) Mitchell Daniels.
(c) Andrew Smithson.
(d) Robin Anderson.
3. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
(a) I Love Lucy.
(b) A John Denver song.
(c) Saturday Night Live.
(d) A Beatles song.
4. Who did a leak say was not really in the hospital, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
(a) William Casey.
(b) Andrew Casey.
(c) William Johnson.
(d) Ed Meese.
5. Who did Thompson's friend bet on in his Superbowl bet, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) New England Patriots.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) Denver Broncos.
(d) Chicago Bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Thompson, in "The Other George Bush?"
2. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind?"
3. Who did Thompson discover was behind the breaking of the Gary Hart scandal in "The Time of the Geek?"
4. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
5. Who did Thompson remind that Oliver North supplied the Iranians with arms in "It was You, Charlie?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
2. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
3. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
4. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
5. What were Thompson's complaints, in "Expelled from the System"? Why?
6. Who were the people Thompson cited, in "Swine of the Week"?
7. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
8. Where was the Iran-Contra scandal introduced in the book? What did Thompson write initially of his predictions?
9. What scandal took place in "The Loser's Club"? What was Thompson's suggested solution?
10. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)