|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Time Has Come," Thompson discussed a poll that said the majority of voters would vote for who in November?
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
2. Who was the new White House Press Secretary in "New Blood on the Tracks?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) James Carville.
(c) Marlin Fitzwater.
(d) Robert McFarlane.
3. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The French President.
(b) The Israeli President.
(c) The Tunisian President.
(d) The British Prime Minister.
4. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
(a) Mark David Chapman.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) John Hinckley.
(d) Ted Kazinski.
5. Who found Thompson, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(d) Jack Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
2. Whose testimony was described, in "Blame It on Dead Bill?"
3. What US Senator did Thompson hold as a fore-runner in the Republican primaries, in "Crazy Patrick and Big Al?"
4. What Democratic Senator did Thompson attack in "The Losers' Club?"
5. What Democratic Senator on the Senate Judiciary Committee was a presidential nominee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
2. How did Thompson associate schizophrenics with the Democratic Party in the text?
3. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
4. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
5. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
6. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
7. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
8. What were Thompson's complaints, in "Expelled from the System"? Why?
9. What did Thompson detail, in "Back to the Ormsby House"?
10. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)