|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What obscure musician did Skinner claim George Bush is a fan of, in "The Other George Bush?"
(a) Tom Waits.
(b) Leonard Cohen.
(d) The Beatles.
2. Who was the head of the CIA during the time the book was written?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Wiliam Meese.
(c) William Casey.
(d) Andrew Casey.
3. What Democratic Senator on the Senate Judiciary Committee was a presidential nominee?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
4. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
(a) Andrew McWarren.
(b) Robert Bork.
(c) Richard Ensler.
(d) James Wilson.
5. In "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs," the seven dwarfs refered to the seven what?
(a) Senate candidates.
(b) Republican presidential candidates.
(c) Democratic presidential candidates.
(d) Congress candidates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The End of an Era," Thompson asserted that all of the smart people had already done what?
2. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
3. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
4. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
5. Who called Thompson, in "The Other George Bush?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thompson speak with Lowell Harrelson and when?
2. What did Thompson expect from Reagan's Administration, in "The Year of the Pig"?
3. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
4. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
5. Who were the people Thompson cited, in "Swine of the Week"?
6. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
7. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
8. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
9. What did Thompson write of George Schultz, in "Cowboys at Sea"?
10. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)