|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the architect of the Republican campaign in the 1986 Congressional elections on television?
(a) James Daniels.
(b) Robin Anderson.
(c) Andrew Smithson.
(d) Mitchell Daniels.
2. In "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs," the seven dwarfs refered to the seven what?
(a) Democratic presidential candidates.
(b) Congress candidates.
(c) Republican presidential candidates.
(d) Senate candidates.
3. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Carlo Rozzini.
(b) Yassir Arafat.
(c) Eugene Hasenfus.
(d) Vladimir Putin.
4. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
(a) Chirnobyl disaster.
(b) Iran-Contra scandal.
(c) Gary Hart scandal.
(d) Watergate scandal.
5. Who did Bush debate in "President Bush Will See You Now?"
(a) Joe Biden.
(b) Michael Dukakis.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
2. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
3. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
4. What did Thompson and his friend do after the Super Bowl, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
5. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
2. Who was discussed in "Let the Good Times Roll"? Why were they newsworthy?
3. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
4. What did Thompson discover, in "The Time of the Geek," about the Gary Hart scandal?
5. How did Thompson show the public opinion of Oliver North in, "It Was You, Charlie"?
6. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
7. What did Thompson's sources tell him in "The Worm Turns"? What was his conclusion?
8. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
9. What did Thompson contend about the role of money in politics?
10. How did Thompson associate schizophrenics with the Democratic Party in the text?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)