|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Thompson traveling, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(b) Tonton Macoute.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos.
(d) Andre Ferdinando.
3. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(a) Testing their health.
(c) Watching movies.
(d) Eating dinner.
4. Where did Thompson fly to, in "Strictly Business?"
(c) San Francisco.
5. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
2. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
3. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
4. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
5. What movie did Thompson attend in "A Generation of Swine?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson write of Ferdinand Marcos in "Memo from the War Room"?
2. Why did Thompson hope to go to Haiti in "Kill Them Before They Eat"?
3. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
4. Describe Thompson's plans in "The Worst People in the World."
5. What did Thompson write about Imelda Marcos in "Just Another Terrorist"?
6. Where did Thompson go in "The Beast with Three Backs"? Why?
7. How is Gary Hart introduced in "Gary Hart Talks Politics"? What wasThompson's opinion of Hart?
8. Who is discussed in the article, "The Hellfire Club"? What comparison did Thompson make?
9. Who did Thompson meet with, in "The Turk Comes to TV News"? What was the subject of this meeting?
10. What took place in "Saturday Night in the City"? Who are the main figures in the story?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)