|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Ralph Welch.
(b) John Parker.
(d) Jack Parker.
2. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
3. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
(a) James Adams.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Madden.
(d) President Reagan.
4. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
5. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
(a) Ed Meese's.
(b) Ronald Reagan's.
(c) George Bush's.
(d) Michael Moore's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
2. Who did Thompson tell the swingers would put them in jail, in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
3. What porn actress was revealed to have been underage while making her first films, in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
4. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
5. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is discussed in the article, "The Hellfire Club"? What comparison did Thompson make?
2. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
3. What did Thompson write about Imelda Marcos in "Just Another Terrorist"?
4. Describe Thompson's plans in "The Worst People in the World."
5. Why did Thompson hope to go to Haiti in "Kill Them Before They Eat"?
6. What did Thompson write of Ferdinand Marcos in "Memo from the War Room"?
7. What was Thompson doing in "Nixon and the Whale Woman"? Why?
8. What took place in "Saturday Night in the City"? Who are the main figures in the story?
9. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
10. What did Thompson write about "driving" in "The Dim and Dirty Road"?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)