|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Watching movies.
(d) Testing their health.
2. What porn actress was revealed to have been underage while making her first films, in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) Jenna Jameson.
(b) Alice Walters.
(c) Traci Lords.
(d) Debbie Khan.
3. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
(a) Annette Marcos.
(b) Annette DePaulo.
(c) Marie Duvalier.
(d) Imelda Marcos.
4. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(a) Political strategist.
(d) News anchor.
5. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
2. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
3. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
4. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
5. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Thompson meet with, in "The Turk Comes to TV News"? What was the subject of this meeting?
2. What did Thompson do in Las Vegas in "Bull Market on The Strip"?
3. Who was Ralph Steadman? How did Thompson describe him?
4. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
5. What is the subject of "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat"? What assertions did Thompson make in this article?
6. How did Thompson compare the Chinese government's drug wars to the U.S. government's?
7. What was Thompson doing in "Nixon and the Whale Woman"? Why?
8. What took place in "Saturday Night in the City"? Who are the main figures in the story?
9. Why did Thompson hope to go to Haiti in "Kill Them Before They Eat"?
10. Why did Thompson place the bet he did in "Meat Sickness"?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)