|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) With a net.
(b) With a shotgun.
(c) With a hook.
(d) With a bayonette.
2. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) New England Patriots.
(b) New Orleans Saints.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) Seattle Mariners.
3. Thompson believed that who had a lesser chance of winning the election because he encouraged the Saudi Arabian government to raise oil prices?
(a) Michael Dukakis.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Gary Hart.
4. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
5. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) New York University.
(b) Columbia University.
(c) Concordia University.
(d) Berkeley University.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
2. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
3. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
4. Who did Thompson tell the swingers would put them in jail, in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
5. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson write about "driving" in "The Dim and Dirty Road"?
2. What did Thompson assert of Robertson, in "Rise of the TV Preachers"?
3. What did Thompson write of Ferdinand Marcos in "Memo from the War Room"?
4. What took place in "Saturday Night in the City"? Who are the main figures in the story?
5. Describe Thompson's plans in "The Worst People in the World."
6. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll"? What were his conclusions of it?
7. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
8. Why did Thompson hope to go to Haiti in "Kill Them Before They Eat"?
9. What did Thompson state in his author's note that he cited more than any other source? Why?
10. Describe Thompson's salvage business. Who were his compatriots?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)