|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Pro-Flogging View" was a response to a letter from whom?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) James Kirkpatrick.
(d) Sarah Stephens.
2. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Jim Baker.
(c) Oral Roberts.
(d) Jerry Falwell.
3. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(a) Crazy Mean Brian.
(b) Crazy Bob.
4. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(b) Northern California.
(c) Martha's Vineyard.
5. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(a) Foreign policy.
(b) Meeting with Gorbachev.
(c) Race relations.
(d) War on drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
2. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
3. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
4. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
5. Which team was playing the Boston Celtics in "Four More Games?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thompson's plans in "The Worst People in the World."
2. What did Thompson write about Imelda Marcos in "Just Another Terrorist"?
3. How is Gary Hart introduced in "Gary Hart Talks Politics"? What wasThompson's opinion of Hart?
4. What did Thompson write about "driving" in "The Dim and Dirty Road"?
5. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
6. How is the article "They Called Him Deep Throat" structured? Why?
7. Where was Thompson traveling in "Last Train from Chicago"? Who did he encounter?
8. Describe Thompson's salvage business. Who were his compatriots?
9. What did Thompson state in his author's note that he cited more than any other source? Why?
10. Who did Thompson meet with, in "The Turk Comes to TV News"? What was the subject of this meeting?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)