|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) A glacier.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) Great Salt Lake.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
2. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) G. Gordon Liddy.
(d) Ed Meese.
3. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The book of Revelation.
(c) The book of Job.
(d) The Seattle Times.
4. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) New York Giants.
(b) Chicago Bears.
(c) Seattle Mariners.
(d) Dallas Cowboys.
5. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
(a) Patrick Buchanan.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Gary Hart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
2. Who butchered an ox with Reagan's face on it, in "Ox Butchered in Tripoli?"
3. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
4. Where was Thompson traveling, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
5. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
2. How is the article "They Called Him Deep Throat" structured? Why?
3. How did Thompson explain the Khadafy situation in "The American Century"?
4. How did Thompson compare the Chinese government's drug wars to the U.S. government's?
5. What did Thompson write about Lester Maddox in the book?
6. What was Thompson doing in "Nixon and the Whale Woman"? Why?
7. Who was Thompson's attorney trying to save in "Deported to Malaysia"? What did Thompson do?
8. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
9. Who did Thompson meet with, in "The Turk Comes to TV News"? What was the subject of this meeting?
10. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll"? What were his conclusions of it?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)