|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson's friend ask him to do, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) Fly the plane.
(b) Hold a bag.
(c) Kill someone.
(d) Arrest someone.
2. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) New England Patriots.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) Seattle Mariners.
(d) New Orleans Saints.
3. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
4. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Roberts.
(b) Wolf Blitzer.
(c) Dan Hinkle.
(d) Dan Rather.
5. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) A glacier.
(c) Great Salt Lake.
(d) The Mississippi River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
2. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
3. Who did Thompson tell the swingers would put them in jail, in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
4. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
5. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Thompson traveling in "Last Train from Chicago"? Who did he encounter?
2. What was Thompson doing in "Nixon and the Whale Woman"? Why?
3. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
4. Describe Thompson's salvage business. Who were his compatriots?
5. Where did Thompson go in "The Beast with Three Backs"? Why?
6. What was Thompson's assertion about Reagan and Bush in "Two More Years"?
7. What took place in "Saturday Night in the City"? Who are the main figures in the story?
8. Who was Thompson's attorney trying to save in "Deported to Malaysia"? What did Thompson do?
9. What did Thompson do in Las Vegas in "Bull Market on The Strip"?
10. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)