|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) New York Giants.
(b) Seattle Mariners.
(c) Chicago Bears.
(d) Dallas Cowboys.
2. Where did Thompson fly to, in "Strictly Business?"
(b) San Francisco.
3. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
4. In "Lester Maddox Lives," the Supreme Court refused to overturn which anti-sodomy law?
5. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
(a) Dr. Michael Warren.
(b) Dr. Stephen Paulson.
(c) Dr. Neil Frank.
(d) Dr. James Frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson tell the swingers would put them in jail, in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
2. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
3. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
4. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
5. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ralph Steadman? How did Thompson describe him?
2. What did Thompson write about Imelda Marcos in "Just Another Terrorist"?
3. Who did Thompson meet with, in "The Turk Comes to TV News"? What was the subject of this meeting?
4. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
5. Who was Thompson's attorney trying to save in "Deported to Malaysia"? What did Thompson do?
6. What is the subject of "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat"? What assertions did Thompson make in this article?
7. What did Thompson state in his author's note that he cited more than any other source? Why?
8. Describe Thompson's salvage business. Who were his compatriots?
9. What was Thompson's assertion about Reagan and Bush in "Two More Years"?
10. What did Thompson write about Lester Maddox in the book?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)