|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
2. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The book of Job.
(c) The Seattle Times.
(d) The book of Revelation.
3. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(b) John Parker.
(c) Ralph Welch.
(d) Jack Parker.
4. Which team was playing the Boston Celtics in "Four More Games?"
(a) New Jersey Nets.
(b) Houston Rockets.
(c) Seattle Mariners.
(d) Dallas Cowboys.
5. What porn actress was revealed to have been underage while making her first films, in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) Jenna Jameson.
(b) Traci Lords.
(c) Debbie Khan.
(d) Alice Walters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
2. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
3. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
4. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
5. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thompson's salvage business. Who were his compatriots?
2. Why did Thompson hope to go to Haiti in "Kill Them Before They Eat"?
3. Where was Thompson traveling in "Last Train from Chicago"? Who did he encounter?
4. What did Thompson state in his author's note that he cited more than any other source? Why?
5. Who is discussed in the article, "The Hellfire Club"? What comparison did Thompson make?
6. What did Thompson write about Imelda Marcos in "Just Another Terrorist"?
7. What did Thompson write of Ferdinand Marcos in "Memo from the War Room"?
8. What did Thompson write about "driving" in "The Dim and Dirty Road"?
9. Where did Thompson go in "The Beast with Three Backs"? Why?
10. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)