|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
2. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
3. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
4. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(b) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
(c) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
5. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
(a) Annette Marcos.
(b) Imelda Marcos.
(c) Annette DePaulo.
(d) Marie Duvalier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who butchered an ox with Reagan's face on it, in "Ox Butchered in Tripoli?"
2. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
3. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
4. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
5. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson state in his author's note that he cited more than any other source? Why?
2. What did Thompson write of Ferdinand Marcos in "Memo from the War Room"?
3. How did Thompson compare the Chinese government's drug wars to the U.S. government's?
4. Why did Thompson place the bet he did in "Meat Sickness"?
5. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
6. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
7. Where was Thompson traveling in "Last Train from Chicago"? Who did he encounter?
8. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
9. Describe Thompson's plans in "The Worst People in the World."
10. Why did Thompson hope to go to Haiti in "Kill Them Before They Eat"?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)