|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
(a) Woody Creek, CO.
(b) Seattle, WA.
(c) San Francisco, CA.
(d) Denver, CO.
2. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
(a) Ed Meese's.
(b) Ronald Reagan's.
(c) George Bush's.
(d) Michael Moore's.
3. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Oral Roberts.
(c) Jim Baker.
(d) Jerry Falwell.
4. What did Thompson's friend ask him to do, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) Kill someone.
(b) Arrest someone.
(c) Fly the plane.
(d) Hold a bag.
5. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) Jennifer Lee.
(b) Vanessa Williams.
(c) Farah Fawcett.
(d) Teri Fischer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
2. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
3. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
4. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
5. Thompson believed that who had a lesser chance of winning the election because he encouraged the Saudi Arabian government to raise oil prices?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thompson's criteria for statistics, in "The Time Has Come."
2. Where was the Iran-Contra scandal introduced in the book? What did Thompson write initially of his predictions?
3. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
4. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
5. Describe Thompson's salvage business. Who were his compatriots?
6. What did Thompson write about "driving" in "The Dim and Dirty Road"?
7. Who is discussed in the article, "The Hellfire Club"? What comparison did Thompson make?
8. How is Gary Hart introduced in "Gary Hart Talks Politics"? What wasThompson's opinion of Hart?
9. Who did Thompson suggest would make a comeback in "Wooing the Degenerate Vote"? How?
10. What was Thompson's assertion about Reagan and Bush in "Two More Years"?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)