|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
2. Where was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(d) New York.
3. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Rather.
(b) Wolf Blitzer.
(c) Dan Hinkle.
(d) Dan Roberts.
4. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
(a) Ed Meese's.
(b) Michael Moore's.
(c) George Bush's.
(d) Ronald Reagan's.
5. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) G. Gordon Liddy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first went to look at the motorcycle for sale, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
2. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
3. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
4. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
5. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What picture did Thompson portray in "The Lake of Fire"?
2. What is the subject of "The Weak in the Weird"?
3. What was Thompson describing watching, in "President Bush Will See You Now"? What was Thompson's appraisal?
4. What did Thompson write about Imelda Marcos in "Just Another Terrorist"?
5. What scandal took place in "The Loser's Club"? What was Thompson's suggested solution?
6. What metaphorical comparison did Thompson make, in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs"?
7. Who is described in "The Scum of the Earth"?
8. How did Thompson compare the Chinese government's drug wars to the U.S. government's?
9. Why did Thompson bring up Patrick Buchanan, in "God Bless Colonel North"?
10. What was the subject of "The South African Problem"? What was Thompson's prediction?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)