|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
(a) Imelda Marcos.
(b) Annette DePaulo.
(c) Annette Marcos.
(d) Marie Duvalier.
2. Which team was playing the Boston Celtics in "Four More Games?"
(a) Seattle Mariners.
(b) Dallas Cowboys.
(c) New Jersey Nets.
(d) Houston Rockets.
3. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(c) Crazy Mean Brian.
(d) Crazy Bob.
4. Who first went to look at the motorcycle for sale, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
(a) Crazy Bob.
5. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(a) War on drugs.
(b) Race relations.
(c) Foreign policy.
(d) Meeting with Gorbachev.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thompson's friend ask him to do, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
2. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
3. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
4. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
5. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll"? What were his conclusions of it?
2. How is the article "They Called Him Deep Throat" structured? Why?
3. What took place in "Saturday Night in the City"? Who are the main figures in the story?
4. Who is discussed in the article, "The Hellfire Club"? What comparison did Thompson make?
5. What did Thompson write about "driving" in "The Dim and Dirty Road"?
6. Who did Thompson meet with, in "The Turk Comes to TV News"? What was the subject of this meeting?
7. Describe Thompson's plans in "The Worst People in the World."
8. Where was Thompson traveling in "Last Train from Chicago"? Who did he encounter?
9. Why did Thompson place the bet he did in "Meat Sickness"?
10. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)