|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Tonton Macoute.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Tutsi.
2. What was Thompson's heart rate in "A Generation of Swine?"
3. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
(a) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(b) Pierre Beaudrioux.
(c) Doc Dontiole.
(d) Baby Dontiole.
4. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(a) War on drugs.
(b) Race relations.
(c) Foreign policy.
(d) Meeting with Gorbachev.
5. What did Thompson demand the latest numbers on, in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) House races.
(b) Senate races.
(c) Gubernatorial races.
(d) Presidential race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
2. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
3. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
4. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
5. Who did Thompson tell the swingers would put them in jail, in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson state in his author's note that he cited more than any other source? Why?
2. What took place in "Saturday Night in the City"? Who are the main figures in the story?
3. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
4. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll"? What were his conclusions of it?
5. What is the subject of "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat"? What assertions did Thompson make in this article?
6. How did Thompson compare the Chinese government's drug wars to the U.S. government's?
7. What did Thompson write about "driving" in "The Dim and Dirty Road"?
8. What was Thompson's assertion about Reagan and Bush in "Two More Years"?
9. Where was Thompson traveling in "Last Train from Chicago"? Who did he encounter?
10. Where did Thompson go in "The Beast with Three Backs"? Why?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)