|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson tell the swingers would put them in jail, in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) The CIA.
(c) Hunter S. Thompson.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
2. In "Four More Games," what sport was Thompson betting on?
3. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(b) Elba Island.
(c) Northern Ireland.
(d) Vesco Island.
4. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Frank Zappa.
(d) Richard Nixon.
5. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A gift shop.
(d) A strip club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
2. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
3. What porn actress was revealed to have been underage while making her first films, in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
4. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
5. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson write about Imelda Marcos in "Just Another Terrorist"?
2. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
3. Why did Thompson place the bet he did in "Meat Sickness"?
4. Where was Thompson traveling in "Last Train from Chicago"? Who did he encounter?
5. What was Thompson's assertion about Reagan and Bush in "Two More Years"?
6. What did Thompson do in Las Vegas in "Bull Market on The Strip"?
7. How did Thompson compare the Chinese government's drug wars to the U.S. government's?
8. What did Thompson write about "driving" in "The Dim and Dirty Road"?
9. What did Thompson write about Lester Maddox in the book?
10. Who is discussed in the article, "The Hellfire Club"? What comparison did Thompson make?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)