|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
(a) Michael Moore's.
(b) Ronald Reagan's.
(c) Ed Meese's.
(d) George Bush's.
2. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
(a) Ralph Steadman.
(b) Frank Mankiewicz.
(d) Sarah Stephens.
3. Thompson believed that who had a lesser chance of winning the election because he encouraged the Saudi Arabian government to raise oil prices?
(a) Michael Dukakis.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) George Bush.
4. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
(a) Emmy Awards.
(b) Tony Awards.
(c) Erotic Film Awards.
(d) Oscar Awards.
5. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(b) Ralph Welch.
(c) Jack Parker.
(d) John Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
2. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
3. What time did Thompson receive a phone call in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
4. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
5. In "Four More Games," what sport was Thompson betting on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Thompson explain the Khadafy situation in "The American Century"?
2. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
3. What is the subject of "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat"? What assertions did Thompson make in this article?
4. How is Gary Hart introduced in "Gary Hart Talks Politics"? What wasThompson's opinion of Hart?
5. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
6. Describe Thompson's plans in "The Worst People in the World."
7. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
8. How did Thompson compare the Chinese government's drug wars to the U.S. government's?
9. What was Thompson's assertion about Reagan and Bush in "Two More Years"?
10. How is the article "They Called Him Deep Throat" structured? Why?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)