|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first went to look at the motorcycle for sale, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
(d) Crazy Bob.
2. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
(b) Sarah Stephens.
(c) Ralph Steadman.
(d) Frank Mankiewicz.
3. "Dealing with Pigs" was Thompson's reaction to what?
(a) The Meese Report.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) The Reagan Report.
(d) The Stewart Report.
4. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) With a hook.
(b) With a shotgun.
(c) With a net.
(d) With a bayonette.
5. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Patrick Buchanan.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) Ed Meese.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
2. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
3. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
4. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
5. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Thompson hope to go to Haiti in "Kill Them Before They Eat"?
2. What did Thompson do in Las Vegas in "Bull Market on The Strip"?
3. What did Thompson write about Lester Maddox in the book?
4. What is the subject of "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat"? What assertions did Thompson make in this article?
5. Who is discussed in the article, "The Hellfire Club"? What comparison did Thompson make?
6. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
7. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll"? What were his conclusions of it?
8. Where did Thompson go in "The Beast with Three Backs"? Why?
9. Why did Thompson place the bet he did in "Meat Sickness"?
10. What took place in Thompson's episodic "Last Dance in Dumb Town"?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)