|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) New York Giants.
(b) Chicago Bears.
(c) Dallas Cowboys.
(d) Seattle Mariners.
2. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) The Who.
(b) The Doors.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Rolling Stones.
3. Cromwell offered to race his what against the motorcycle, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
4. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
5. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Frank Zappa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
2. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
3. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
4. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
5. What was Thompson's heart rate in "A Generation of Swine?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Thompson assert of Robertson, in "Rise of the TV Preachers"?
2. How did Thompson compare the Chinese government's drug wars to the U.S. government's?
3. Who did Thompson encounter in "Strictly Business"? What interaction took place?
4. How did Thompson explain the Khadafy situation in "The American Century"?
5. What did Thompson write of Ferdinand Marcos in "Memo from the War Room"?
6. What did Thompson write about the media in "Bad Nerves in Fat City"?
7. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
8. Who did Thompson meet with, in "The Turk Comes to TV News"? What was the subject of this meeting?
9. Who was Thompson's attorney trying to save in "Deported to Malaysia"? What did Thompson do?
10. What did Thompson write about Lester Maddox in the book?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)