|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What US Senator did Thompson hold as a fore-runner in the Republican primaries, in "Crazy Patrick and Big Al?"
(a) Bob Dole.
(b) Alexander Haig.
(c) Alexander Williams.
(d) Glen Beck.
2. The weapons supplied to the Iranian regime killed hundreds of marines where?
3. Who did Thompson believe would likely go to prison in Fort Leavenworth, in "The Lord and a Good Lawyer?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Oliver North.
(d) Patrick Buchanan.
4. Who was forced to relocate PLO headquarters from Tunis, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Vladimir Putin.
(b) Yassir Arafat.
(d) Eugene Hasenfus.
5. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
(a) Iran-Contra scandal.
(b) The Cold War.
(d) War in Iraq.
6. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) James Skawinski.
(c) Lowell Harrelson.
(d) Alexander Williams.
7. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
(a) Far more evil.
(b) Far more dangerous.
(c) Far more complex.
(d) Far less evil.
8. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Marlin Fitzwater.
(c) Robert McFarlane.
(d) Jim Brady.
9. What was the home state of President Richard Nixon?
10. Where did Thompson go, in "White Trash with Money?"
(b) Fort Lauderdale.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
12. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The British Prime Minister.
(b) The Israeli President.
(c) The Tunisian President.
(d) The French President.
13. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Carlo Rozzini.
(b) Vladimir Putin.
(c) Eugene Hasenfus.
(d) Yassir Arafat.
14. In "Cowboys at Sea," Thompson related the testimony in court to an attack of an oil tanker where?
15. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
(a) Alexander Haig.
(b) Alexander Williams.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Alex Beck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Thompson, in "The Other George Bush?"
2. Thompson believed that the Iran-Contra scandal would make what look like nothing in comparison, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
3. What made Thompson particularly angry with the school system, in "Expelled from the System?"
4. How many days did the dynamite-laden vehicle sit in Thompson's yard before a neighbor blew it up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
5. In "The Time Has Come," Thompson discussed a poll that said the majority of voters would vote for who in November?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)