|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A truck.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Corvette.
2. "The Weak in the Weird" is an analysis of whose presidential campaign?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
3. Who did Thompson remind that Oliver North supplied the Iranians with arms in "It was You, Charlie?"
(c) Crazy Bob.
4. In "The End of an Era," Thompson laid most of the fault of Reagan's presidency at the feet of whom?
(a) Richard Haynes.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) George Bush.
5. In "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs," Thompson compared the implosion of Gary Hart's political career to what?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A genie's lamp.
(c) A cesspool.
(d) "Casey at the Bat."
6. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) A generation.
7. What made Thompson particularly angry with the school system, in "Expelled from the System?"
(a) Urine tests.
(b) Advancement tests.
(c) Teen pregnancy.
(d) No Child Left Behind.
8. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
(a) Waging war on South Africa.
(b) Waging war on Northern Ireland.
(c) Waging war on Iraq.
(d) Taking in Afrikaner refugees.
9. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
(b) Jack Parker.
(d) Ralph Wixom.
10. Who was the Secretary of State that Thompson addresses in "Letter to the President?"
(a) James Kennedy.
(b) James Baker.
(c) James Williams.
(d) James Stewart.
11. Where did Thompson go, in "White Trash with Money?"
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Fort Lauderdale.
12. In "The Other George Bush," Skinner asserted that George Bush is smarter than whom?
(c) Andrew Walker.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
13. Who was Richard Nixon's attorney during the Watergate scandal?
(a) Herbert Kalmbach.
(b) John Erlichman.
(c) Michael Enderson.
(d) Edward Walton.
14. In "Cowboys at Sea," Thompson related the testimony in court to an attack of an oil tanker where?
15. Senator Daniel Inouye was a senator from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the House of Representatives Counsel in the Oliver North hearings?
2. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
3. What did Thompson and his friend do after the Super Bowl, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
4. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
5. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)