|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thompson discussed the large number of what in America, in "Four More Years?"
2. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
(a) Alex Beck.
(b) Alexander Williams.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Alexander Haig.
3. Thompson believed who would be forced to retire, in "The Year of the Pig?"
(a) Herbert Huncke.
(b) Henry Kissinger.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
4. Who was the architect of the Republican campaign in the 1986 Congressional elections on television?
(a) Mitchell Daniels.
(b) James Daniels.
(c) Andrew Smithson.
(d) Robin Anderson.
5. What was the home state of President Richard Nixon?
6. In "Wooing the Degenerate Vote," Thompson predicted that who would make a comeback and win the 1988 election?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
7. Who called Thompson, in "The Other George Bush?"
8. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The Tunisian President.
(b) The British Prime Minister.
(c) The French President.
(d) The Israeli President.
9. Who was the House of Representatives Counsel in the Oliver North hearings?
(a) Mark Allen Alexander.
(b) John Nields.
(c) William. Hoff.
(d) Michael Edwards.
10. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson marveled at how fast the political landscape had changed in what amount of time?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 months.
11. Whose testimony did Thompson analyze, in "Cowboys at Sea?"
(a) George Schultz.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Oliver North.
(d) George Bush.
12. A major scandal at what U.S. Embassy took place in "The Losers' Club?"
(a) Mexico City.
(d) New York.
13. Thompson wrote that if Oliver North wanted to avoid prison, he would have to indict who in "Ollie's Choice?"
(a) Bush or Reagan.
(b) Meese or Bush.
(c) Reagan or Meese.
(d) Meese or Anders.
14. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
15. Michael Dukakis was the governor of what state during the 1988 elections?
(a) New Mexico.
(d) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Thompson, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
2. The weapons supplied to the Iranian regime killed hundreds of marines where?
3. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
4. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
5. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)