|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
(a) Michael Dukakis.
(b) Art Garfunkel.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) Paul Simon.
2. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
(a) Richard Ensler.
(b) Andrew McWarren.
(c) Robert Bork.
(d) James Wilson.
3. Thompson believed that the Iran-Contra scandal would make what look like nothing in comparison, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
4. A major scandal at what U.S. Embassy took place in "The Losers' Club?"
(b) Mexico City.
(d) New York.
5. "The Weak in the Weird" is an analysis of whose presidential campaign?
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
6. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The Israeli President.
(b) The Tunisian President.
(c) The French President.
(d) The British Prime Minister.
7. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
(a) The Chinese Dictator.
(b) The Polish President.
(c) The French President.
8. Who did Thompson's friend bet on in his Superbowl bet, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) Chicago Bears.
(b) New England Patriots.
(c) Denver Broncos.
(d) New York Giants.
9. What was the home state of President Richard Nixon?
10. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind?"
(a) Clanson Sink.
(c) Carson Sink.
(d) Donhay Disaster.
11. Whose presidential campaign was caught up in a fund-raising scandal, in "The Loved Ones?"
(a) Alexander Haig.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) Joe Biden.
12. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Oliver North.
(d) George Bush.
13. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
14. Who was Richard Nixon's attorney during the Watergate scandal?
(a) Herbert Kalmbach.
(b) Edward Walton.
(c) Michael Enderson.
(d) John Erlichman.
15. What made Thompson particularly angry with the school system, in "Expelled from the System?"
(a) Urine tests.
(b) No Child Left Behind.
(c) Advancement tests.
(d) Teen pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose testimony was described, in "Blame It on Dead Bill?"
2. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
3. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
4. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
5. Who did a leak say was not really in the hospital, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)