|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael Dukakis was the governor of what state during the 1988 elections?
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) New Mexico.
2. What made Thompson particularly angry with the school system, in "Expelled from the System?"
(a) Advancement tests.
(b) No Child Left Behind.
(c) Urine tests.
(d) Teen pregnancy.
3. Senator Warren Rudman was a senator from where?
(a) New Hampshire.
4. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The Israeli President.
(b) The British Prime Minister.
(c) The Tunisian President.
(d) The French President.
5. In "The End of an Era," Thompson asserted that all of the smart people had already done what?
(a) Left the Bush administration.
(b) Left Reagan's administration.
(c) Left the Carter administration.
(d) Killed themselves.
6. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
(a) Kieth Baker.
(b) James Williams.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Oral Roberts,
7. Who was the architect of the Republican campaign in the 1986 Congressional elections on television?
(a) Mitchell Daniels.
(b) James Daniels.
(c) Robin Anderson.
(d) Andrew Smithson.
8. A major scandal at what U.S. Embassy took place in "The Losers' Club?"
(b) New York.
(d) Mexico City.
9. Thompson believed that who has a chance at the presidential election in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs?"
10. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
(a) Glen Beck.
(b) Bob Dole.
(c) Al Gore.
(d) Alexander Haig.
11. Who did Thompson take to a psychic for legal advice, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
12. Where did Thompson have lunch, in "It Was You, Charlie?"
(a) San Francisco Diner.
(b) Denver Diner.
(c) Woody Creek Tavern.
(d) California Cafe.
13. Who did a leak say was not really in the hospital, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) William Johnson.
(c) William Casey.
(d) Andrew Casey.
14. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson suggested there was a strong possibility Reagan would what?
(b) Be impeached.
(c) Have a heart attack.
(d) Be assassinated.
15. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
(a) Ralph Wixom.
(b) Jack Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
2. Whose testimony did Thompson analyze, in "Cowboys at Sea?"
3. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
4. Who was the House of Representatives Counsel in the Oliver North hearings?
5. Who saw the scandals as a witch hunt against Ronald Reagan, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)