|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson take to a psychic for legal advice, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
2. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
(a) Al Gore.
(b) Bob Dole.
(c) Glen Beck.
(d) Alexander Haig.
3. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
(a) Ralph Wixom.
(b) Jack Parker.
4. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
(a) Taking in Afrikaner refugees.
(b) Waging war on Iraq.
(c) Waging war on South Africa.
(d) Waging war on Northern Ireland.
5. In "The End of an Era," Thompson asserted that all of the smart people had already done what?
(a) Left Reagan's administration.
(b) Left the Bush administration.
(c) Killed themselves.
(d) Left the Carter administration.
6. Who was Richard Nixon's attorney during the Watergate scandal?
(a) John Erlichman.
(b) Herbert Kalmbach.
(c) Michael Enderson.
(d) Edward Walton.
7. What did Thompson kill, in "A Death in the Family?"
(a) A deer.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A goose.
(d) A fox.
8. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
(a) A Beatles song.
(b) Saturday Night Live.
(c) I Love Lucy.
(d) A John Denver song.
9. The weapons supplied to the Iranian regime killed hundreds of marines where?
10. Who did Thompson believe would likely go to prison in Fort Leavenworth, in "The Lord and a Good Lawyer?"
(a) Oliver North.
(b) Patrick Buchanan.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
11. What Democratic Senator on the Senate Judiciary Committee was a presidential nominee?
(a) Joe Biden.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
12. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
(a) Robert Bork.
(b) Andrew McWarren.
(c) James Wilson.
(d) Richard Ensler.
13. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
(a) The Chinese Dictator.
(c) The Polish President.
(d) The French President.
14. In "The End of an Era," Thompson laid most of the fault of Reagan's presidency at the feet of whom?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Richard Haynes.
(d) George Bush.
15. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Yassir Arafat.
(b) Vladimir Putin.
(c) Carlo Rozzini.
(d) Eugene Hasenfus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
2. A major scandal at what U.S. Embassy took place in "The Losers' Club?"
3. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
4. What Democratic Senator did Thompson attack in "The Losers' Club?"
5. Who did Bush debate in "President Bush Will See You Now?"
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)