|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson and his friend do after the Super Bowl, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) Arm wrestle.
(b) Play golf.
(c) Play pool.
(d) Play music.
2. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
(a) James Skawinski.
(b) Alexander Williams.
(c) Lowell Harrelson.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
3. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
(a) Gary Hart scandal.
(b) Iran-Contra scandal.
(c) Watergate scandal.
(d) Chirnobyl disaster.
4. Thompson discussed the large number of what in America, in "Four More Years?"
5. What did Thompson assert had been dysfunctional for many years, in "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs?"
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The United States.
(c) The Congress.
(d) The Republican Party.
6. In "The Other George Bush," Skinner asserted that George Bush is smarter than whom?
(b) Andrew Walker.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
7. In "The New Dumb," Thompson concluded that the Democratic Party had learned nothing since which election?
8. Who was the head of the CIA during the time the book was written?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) William Casey.
(c) Wiliam Meese.
(d) Andrew Casey.
9. Where did Thompson have lunch, in "It Was You, Charlie?"
(a) Woody Creek Tavern.
(b) Denver Diner.
(c) California Cafe.
(d) San Francisco Diner.
10. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
(a) The Chinese Dictator.
(b) The French President.
(d) The Polish President.
11. In "The Worm Turns," Thompson wrote that the Reagan Administration looked weak because of the cancellation of a summit with who?
(a) The Israeli Prime Minister.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) Yassir Arafat.
(d) Mikhail Gorbachev.
12. Who was Nixon's Chief of Domestic Affairs?
(a) Alexander Haig.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Edward Walton.
(d) John Erlichman.
13. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
(a) A Beatles song.
(b) Saturday Night Live.
(c) A John Denver song.
(d) I Love Lucy.
14. How many days did the dynamite-laden vehicle sit in Thompson's yard before a neighbor blew it up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 4 days.
15. Who ran against Nixon in the 46th presidential election?
(a) Hubert Humphrey.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What National Security Adviser attempted suicide in "Gone with the Wind?"
2. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
3. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
4. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
5. Who did a leak say was not really in the hospital, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)