|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
(a) Gary Hart scandal.
(b) Chirnobyl disaster.
(c) Iran-Contra scandal.
(d) Watergate scandal.
2. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
(a) Taking in Afrikaner refugees.
(b) Waging war on Northern Ireland.
(c) Waging war on Iraq.
(d) Waging war on South Africa.
3. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
4. Who called Thompson, in "The Other George Bush?"
5. In "Cowboys at Sea," Thompson related the testimony in court to an attack of an oil tanker where?
6. Who did Bush debate in "President Bush Will See You Now?"
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) Michael Dukakis.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
7. Who did Thompson write was frequently quoting Bible verses, in "The Lake of Fire?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Patrick Buchanan.
(c) Oliver North.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
8. Who was the House of Representatives Counsel in the Oliver North hearings?
(a) Mark Allen Alexander.
(b) Michael Edwards.
(c) William. Hoff.
(d) John Nields.
9. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
(a) Robert McFarlane.
(b) Marlin Fitzwater.
(c) Jim Brady.
(d) Ed Meese.
10. What was the home state of President Richard Nixon?
11. Where did Thompson have lunch, in "It Was You, Charlie?"
(a) San Francisco Diner.
(b) California Cafe.
(c) Woody Creek Tavern.
(d) Denver Diner.
12. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
(a) Far more complex.
(b) Far more evil.
(c) Far more dangerous.
(d) Far less evil.
13. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
(a) Andrew McWarren.
(b) Robert Bork.
(c) James Wilson.
(d) Richard Ensler.
14. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Lowell Harrelson.
(c) Alexander Williams.
(d) James Skawinski.
15. Michael Dukakis was the governor of what state during the 1988 elections?
(c) New Mexico.
(d) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
2. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
3. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
4. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
5. What National Security Adviser attempted suicide in "Gone with the Wind?"
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)