|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the architect of the Republican campaign in the 1986 Congressional elections on television?
(a) James Daniels.
(b) Andrew Smithson.
(c) Mitchell Daniels.
(d) Robin Anderson.
2. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
(a) Far less evil.
(b) Far more complex.
(c) Far more dangerous.
(d) Far more evil.
3. The weapons supplied to the Iranian regime killed hundreds of marines where?
4. In "The Garden of Agony," Thompson analyzed the role of what in politics?
5. Whose testimony was described, in "Blame It on Dead Bill?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Oliver North.
6. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) A generation.
7. Who did Thompson discover was behind the breaking of the Gary Hart scandal in "The Time of the Geek?"
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Edward Walton.
(d) Joe Tydings.
8. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Yassir Arafat.
(b) Vladimir Putin.
(c) Carlo Rozzini.
(d) Eugene Hasenfus.
9. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The Tunisian President.
(b) The Israeli President.
(c) The French President.
(d) The British Prime Minister.
10. Thompson believed that the Iran-Contra scandal would make what look like nothing in comparison, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
11. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
(a) Iran-Contra scandal.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) War in Iraq.
12. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A truck.
(d) A Jeep.
13. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
(a) Ted Kazinski.
(b) Jesse James.
(c) Mark David Chapman.
(d) John Hinckley.
14. Whose presidential campaign was caught up in a fund-raising scandal, in "The Loved Ones?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Alexander Haig.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) Gary Hart.
15. "The Weak in the Weird" is an analysis of whose presidential campaign?
(a) Joe Biden.
(b) Michael Dukakis.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) George Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wooing the Degenerate Vote," Thompson predicted that who would make a comeback and win the 1988 election?
2. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind?"
3. In "The New Dumb," Thompson concluded that the Democratic Party had learned nothing since which election?
4. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
5. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson marveled at how fast the political landscape had changed in what amount of time?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)