|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Vladimir Putin.
(b) Yassir Arafat.
(c) Carlo Rozzini.
(d) Eugene Hasenfus.
2. Where did Thompson go, in "White Trash with Money?"
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
3. Michael Dukakis was the governor of what state during the 1988 elections?
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) New Mexico.
4. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A Corvette.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A truck.
5. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Alexander Williams.
(c) James Skawinski.
(d) Lowell Harrelson.
6. Who was Richard Nixon's attorney during the Watergate scandal?
(a) Edward Walton.
(b) Herbert Kalmbach.
(c) Michael Enderson.
(d) John Erlichman.
7. In "The Worm Turns," Thompson wrote that the Reagan Administration looked weak because of the cancellation of a summit with who?
(a) Yassir Arafat.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) Mikhail Gorbachev.
(d) The Israeli Prime Minister.
8. In "The End of an Era," Thompson asserted that all of the smart people had already done what?
(a) Killed themselves.
(b) Left Reagan's administration.
(c) Left the Carter administration.
(d) Left the Bush administration.
9. Thompson believed who would be forced to retire, in "The Year of the Pig?"
(a) Herbert Huncke.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) Henry Kissinger.
10. Where did Thompson have lunch, in "It Was You, Charlie?"
(a) Woody Creek Tavern.
(b) California Cafe.
(c) Denver Diner.
(d) San Francisco Diner.
11. Who ran against Nixon in the 46th presidential election?
(a) Hubert Humphrey.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
12. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson considered that acid rain and what would be the legacy of the Reagan Administration?
13. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
(a) Far more dangerous.
(b) Far more evil.
(c) Far less evil.
(d) Far more complex.
14. How many days did the dynamite-laden vehicle sit in Thompson's yard before a neighbor blew it up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
15. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Oliver North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thompson believed that who has a chance at the presidential election in "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs?"
2. In "Wooing the Degenerate Vote," Thompson predicted that who would make a comeback and win the 1988 election?
3. The weapons supplied to the Iranian regime killed hundreds of marines where?
4. Who claimed his wife was dying in "Doomed Love in the Rockies?"
5. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)