|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) A truck.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A Corvette.
(d) A Jeep.
2. Who was the head of the CIA during the time the book was written?
(a) Andrew Casey.
(b) William Casey.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) Wiliam Meese.
3. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
(a) Al Gore.
(b) Glen Beck.
(c) Alexander Haig.
(d) Bob Dole.
4. Who claimed his wife was dying in "Doomed Love in the Rockies?"
5. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Yassir Arafat.
(b) Eugene Hasenfus.
(c) Carlo Rozzini.
(d) Vladimir Putin.
6. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The Tunisian President.
(b) The Israeli President.
(c) The British Prime Minister.
(d) The French President.
7. Who did Thompson remind that Oliver North supplied the Iranians with arms in "It was You, Charlie?"
(c) Crazy Bob.
8. Who was forced to relocate PLO headquarters from Tunis, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Eugene Hasenfus.
(b) Yassir Arafat.
(c) Vladimir Putin.
9. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
(a) The French President.
(c) The Polish President.
(d) The Chinese Dictator.
10. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
(a) Watergate scandal.
(b) Iran-Contra scandal.
(c) Gary Hart scandal.
(d) Chirnobyl disaster.
11. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
(a) Far less evil.
(b) Far more complex.
(c) Far more evil.
(d) Far more dangerous.
12. Who was Nixon's Chief of Domestic Affairs?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Alexander Haig.
(c) Edward Walton.
(d) John Erlichman.
13. Whose testimony did Thompson analyze, in "Cowboys at Sea?"
(a) Oliver North.
(b) George Schultz.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Ed Meese.
14. In "The End of an Era," Thompson asserted that all of the smart people had already done what?
(a) Left the Carter administration.
(b) Killed themselves.
(c) Left the Bush administration.
(d) Left Reagan's administration.
15. What did Thompson and his friend do after the Super Bowl, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) Arm wrestle.
(b) Play golf.
(c) Play music.
(d) Play pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs," Thompson compared the implosion of Gary Hart's political career to what?
2. What Democratic Senator did Thompson attack in "The Losers' Club?"
3. A major scandal at what U.S. Embassy took place in "The Losers' Club?"
4. Where did Thompson have lunch, in "It Was You, Charlie?"
5. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)