|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
2. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
3. Who was Reagan's new Supreme Court nominee in "Here Come de Judge?"
(a) Richard Ensler.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) Robert Bork.
(d) Andrew McWarren.
4. What National Security Adviser attempted suicide in "Gone with the Wind?"
(a) Alexander Haig.
(b) Robert McFarlane.
(c) James Carville.
(d) Ed Meese.
5. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
(a) Robert McFarlane.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Marlin Fitzwater.
(d) Jim Brady.
6. Where did Thompson go, in "White Trash with Money?"
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
7. Who claimed his wife was dying in "Doomed Love in the Rockies?"
8. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
(a) Alexander Williams.
(b) Lowell Harrelson.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) James Skawinski.
9. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
(a) Waging war on Northern Ireland.
(b) Waging war on South Africa.
(c) Taking in Afrikaner refugees.
(d) Waging war on Iraq.
10. Thompson wrote that if Oliver North wanted to avoid prison, he would have to indict who in "Ollie's Choice?"
(a) Meese or Anders.
(b) Bush or Reagan.
(c) Reagan or Meese.
(d) Meese or Bush.
11. Who did Thompson's friend bet on in his Superbowl bet, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) Chicago Bears.
(b) New England Patriots.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) Denver Broncos.
12. What made Thompson particularly angry with the school system, in "Expelled from the System?"
(a) Urine tests.
(b) Advancement tests.
(c) No Child Left Behind.
(d) Teen pregnancy.
13. In "The Garden of Agony," Thompson analyzed the role of what in politics?
14. Whose testimony was described, in "Blame It on Dead Bill?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Oliver North.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
15. Who was Richard Nixon's attorney during the Watergate scandal?
(a) John Erlichman.
(b) Michael Enderson.
(c) Herbert Kalmbach.
(d) Edward Walton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson marveled at how fast the political landscape had changed in what amount of time?
2. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
3. Who saw the scandals as a witch hunt against Ronald Reagan, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
4. Who was forced to relocate PLO headquarters from Tunis, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
5. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)