|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The New Dumb," Thompson concluded that the Democratic Party had learned nothing since which election?
2. Thompson discussed the large number of what in America, in "Four More Years?"
3. What did Thompson attempt to blow up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A truck.
(c) A Corvette.
(d) A motorcycle.
4. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
(a) Oliver North.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Ed Meese.
5. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
(a) The Chinese Dictator.
(b) The French President.
(c) The Polish President.
6. In "The End of an Era," Thompson laid most of the fault of Reagan's presidency at the feet of whom?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Richard Haynes.
7. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson considered that acid rain and what would be the legacy of the Reagan Administration?
8. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
9. Who did Thompson discover was behind the breaking of the Gary Hart scandal in "The Time of the Geek?"
(a) Joe Tydings.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Edward Walton.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
10. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) The British Prime Minister.
(b) The Tunisian President.
(c) The French President.
(d) The Israeli President.
11. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
(a) James Skawinski.
(b) Lowell Harrelson.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Alexander Williams.
12. In "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs," the seven dwarfs refered to the seven what?
(a) Democratic presidential candidates.
(b) Congress candidates.
(c) Senate candidates.
(d) Republican presidential candidates.
13. In "I Slit My Own Eyeballs," Thompson described _____ as a truly horrific month for politicians running for office.
14. Who saw the scandals as a witch hunt against Ronald Reagan, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Patrick Buchanan.
(c) Nancy Reagan.
(d) Geoge Bush.
15. What obscure musician did Skinner claim George Bush is a fan of, in "The Other George Bush?"
(a) Leonard Cohen.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) Tom Waits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Democratic Senator on the Senate Judiciary Committee was a presidential nominee?
2. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind?"
3. Who was the Secretary of State that Thompson addresses in "Letter to the President?"
4. Whose presidential campaign was caught up in a fund-raising scandal, in "The Loved Ones?"
5. Thompson believed that the Iran-Contra scandal would make what look like nothing in comparison, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)