|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs," Thompson compared the implosion of Gary Hart's political career to what?
(a) "Casey at the Bat."
(b) A cesspool.
(c) A rainbow.
(d) A genie's lamp.
2. A major scandal at what U.S. Embassy took place in "The Losers' Club?"
(a) New York.
(d) Mexico City.
3. Where did Thompson have lunch, in "It Was You, Charlie?"
(a) Woody Creek Tavern.
(b) California Cafe.
(c) Denver Diner.
(d) San Francisco Diner.
4. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
5. Who did Thompson make a phone call to, in "The Death Ship?"
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Lowell Harrelson.
(c) James Skawinski.
(d) Alexander Williams.
6. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
(a) Joe Biden.
(b) Art Garfunkel.
(c) Michael Dukakis.
(d) Paul Simon.
7. Senator Daniel Inouye was a senator from where?
8. In "The Trickle-Down Theory," Thompson considered that acid rain and what would be the legacy of the Reagan Administration?
9. Who called Thompson, in "The Other George Bush?"
10. What did Thompson kill, in "A Death in the Family?"
(a) A goose.
(b) A fox.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A deer.
11. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
(a) Jesse James.
(b) John Hinckley.
(c) Mark David Chapman.
(d) Ted Kazinski.
12. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
(a) Oral Roberts,
(b) Kieth Baker.
(c) James Williams.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
13. What did Thompson and his friend do after the Super Bowl, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) Play pool.
(b) Arm wrestle.
(c) Play music.
(d) Play golf.
14. In "Wooing the Degenerate Vote," Thompson predicted that who would make a comeback and win the 1988 election?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
15. In "The Worm Turns," Thompson wrote that the Reagan Administration looked weak because of the cancellation of a summit with who?
(a) The Israeli Prime Minister.
(b) The Dalai Lama.
(c) Yassir Arafat.
(d) Mikhail Gorbachev.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
2. Senator Warren Rudman was a senator from where?
3. The weapons supplied to the Iranian regime killed hundreds of marines where?
4. Who was Ronald Reagan meeting with in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
5. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)