|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
(a) Key West.
(d) New York.
2. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(a) Martha's Vineyard.
(b) Northern California.
3. In "Lester Maddox Lives," the Supreme Court refused to overturn which anti-sodomy law?
4. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
(a) St. Paul.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) A drug officer.
(b) An off-duty police officer.
(c) An off-duty detective.
(d) An off-duty pilot.
6. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) The Meese Report.
(b) The Reagan Report.
(c) A porn video.
(d) A contract.
7. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
(b) Frank Mankiewicz.
(c) Ralph Steadman.
(d) Sarah Stephens.
8. Who came to visit Thompson in "They All Drowned?"
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) Frank Mankiewicz.
9. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
(b) Gun laws.
(d) Video games.
10. What movie did Thompson attend in "A Generation of Swine?"
(a) Rocky II.
(b) Rocky VI.
(d) Rocky IV.
11. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
(a) FOX News.
(b) CBS News.
(c) ABC News.
(d) NBC News.
12. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Jason Anderson.
(b) Herschel Walker.
(c) Andrew Walker.
(d) Norman Waler.
13. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
14. What was Thompson's heart rate in "A Generation of Swine?"
15. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
2. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
3. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
4. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
5. Which team was playing the Boston Celtics in "Four More Games?"
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)