Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) Teri Fischer.
(b) Vanessa Williams.
(c) Farah Fawcett.
(d) Jennifer Lee.
2. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
3. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) With a bayonette.
(b) With a hook.
(c) With a net.
(d) With a shotgun.
4. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
5. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
6. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
(a) Jim Bakker.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
7. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) G. Gordon Liddy.
(d) Ed Meese.
8. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Frank Zappa.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) George Bush.
9. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Patrick Buchanan.
(d) Gary Hart.
10. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
(a) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
11. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(b) Vesco Island.
(c) Elba Island.
(d) Northern Ireland.
12. What movie did Thompson attend in "A Generation of Swine?"
(b) Rocky VI.
(c) Rocky IV.
(d) Rocky II.
13. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
14. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Jim Baker.
(c) Jerry Falwell.
(d) Oral Roberts.
15. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) The Reagan Report.
(b) A porn video.
(c) A contract.
(d) The Meese Report.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Four More Games," what sport was Thompson betting on?
2. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
3. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
4. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
5. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)