|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
2. In "The Hellfire Club," Thompson compared politicians' and evangelists' affairs to British men in what century?
3. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A gift shop.
(d) A strip club.
4. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Herschel Walker.
(b) Andrew Walker.
(c) Norman Waler.
(d) Jason Anderson.
5. Which team was playing the Boston Celtics in "Four More Games?"
(a) Houston Rockets.
(b) Seattle Mariners.
(c) Dallas Cowboys.
(d) New Jersey Nets.
6. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) An off-duty police officer.
(b) An off-duty detective.
(c) An off-duty pilot.
(d) A drug officer.
7. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
8. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
9. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
10. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Frank Zappa.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Gary Hart.
11. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
12. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(a) Crazy Mean Brian.
(d) Crazy Bob.
13. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Vesco Island.
(c) Elba Island.
(d) Northern Ireland.
14. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Hinkle.
(b) Dan Rather.
(c) Wolf Blitzer.
(d) Dan Roberts.
15. Thompson was critical of the government's spending on what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(c) Social reform.
(d) Wall Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
2. Who first went to look at the motorcycle for sale, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
3. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
4. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
5. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)