|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Thompson in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(d) CBS News.
2. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
(a) George Bush's.
(b) Ed Meese's.
(c) Michael Moore's.
(d) Ronald Reagan's.
3. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(b) The Oscar Award.
(c) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(d) The Nobel Peace Prize.
4. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(a) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
(b) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
5. Which team was playing the Boston Celtics in "Four More Games?"
(a) Houston Rockets.
(b) Dallas Cowboys.
(c) Seattle Mariners.
(d) New Jersey Nets.
6. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Berkeley University.
(c) Concordia University.
(d) New York University.
7. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Frank Zappa.
(d) Gary Hart.
8. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
(a) ABC News.
(b) FOX News.
(c) CBS News.
(d) NBC News.
9. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) A drug officer.
(b) An off-duty police officer.
(c) An off-duty detective.
(d) An off-duty pilot.
10. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) The Doors.
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(c) The Who.
(d) The Beatles.
11. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) A glacier.
(b) Great Salt Lake.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Mississippi River.
12. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) Northern California.
13. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A gift shop.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A strip club.
14. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Watching movies.
(c) Testing their health.
15. Who first went to look at the motorcycle for sale, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
(d) Crazy Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
2. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
3. Where was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
4. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
5. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)