|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The Seattle Times.
(b) The book of Job.
(c) The book of Revelation.
(d) The New York Times.
2. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
3. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
4. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Elba Island.
(c) Northern Ireland.
(d) Vesco Island.
5. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) A glacier.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) Great Salt Lake.
6. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Tonton Macoute.
(d) The Tutsi.
7. "Dealing with Pigs" was Thompson's reaction to what?
(a) The Cold War.
(b) The Stewart Report.
(c) The Reagan Report.
(d) The Meese Report.
8. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Andre Ferdinando.
(b) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos.
(d) Tonton Macoute.
9. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) William Rehnquist.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) William Everett.
(d) Andrew Sweitzer.
10. Where did Thompson fly to, in "Strictly Business?"
(c) San Francisco.
11. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Jim Bakker.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) Gary Hart.
12. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(a) CBS News.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Ralph Steadman.
13. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) North Carolina.
14. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(c) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
(d) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
15. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
(a) Dr. Neil Frank.
(b) Dr. James Frost.
(c) Dr. Michael Warren.
(d) Dr. Stephen Paulson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
2. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
3. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
4. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
5. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)