|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who butchered an ox with Reagan's face on it, in "Ox Butchered in Tripoli?"
2. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
(a) Dr. Stephen Paulson.
(b) Dr. Michael Warren.
(c) Dr. James Frost.
(d) Dr. Neil Frank.
3. What porn actress was revealed to have been underage while making her first films, in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) Traci Lords.
(b) Jenna Jameson.
(c) Alice Walters.
(d) Debbie Khan.
4. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Ralph Welch.
(c) Jack Parker.
(d) John Parker.
5. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
6. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) Jim Bakker.
7. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
(b) San Francisco.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
8. "The Pro-Flogging View" was a response to a letter from whom?
(a) Sarah Stephens.
(b) James Kirkpatrick.
(c) Ralph Steadman.
(d) Ed Meese.
9. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) The Chronicle.
(b) The Post.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Examiner.
10. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(a) Crazy Mean Brian.
(b) Crazy Bob.
11. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Herschel Walker.
(b) Jason Anderson.
(c) Andrew Walker.
(d) Norman Waler.
12. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(b) Elba Island.
(c) Northern Ireland.
(d) Vesco Island.
13. "Dealing with Pigs" was Thompson's reaction to what?
(a) The Stewart Report.
(b) The Meese Report.
(c) The Reagan Report.
(d) The Cold War.
14. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
15. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson conclude was the obvious front runner in the primaries in "Off with Their Heads?"
2. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
3. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
4. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
5. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)