|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(a) Northern California.
(d) Martha's Vineyard.
2. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A strip club.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A gift shop.
3. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
4. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Roberts.
(b) Dan Hinkle.
(c) Dan Rather.
(d) Wolf Blitzer.
5. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
6. Who did Thompson tell the swingers would put them in jail, in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) Hunter S. Thompson.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) The CIA.
7. Which team was playing the Boston Celtics in "Four More Games?"
(a) Seattle Mariners.
(b) New Jersey Nets.
(c) Houston Rockets.
(d) Dallas Cowboys.
8. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
(a) North Carolina.
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
9. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) President Reagan.
(c) John Madden.
(d) James Adams.
10. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Seattle Mariners.
(b) New Orleans Saints.
(c) New England Patriots.
(d) New York Giants.
11. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
(a) NBC News.
(b) FOX News.
(c) ABC News.
(d) CBS News.
12. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) William Rehnquist.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Andrew Sweitzer.
(d) William Everett.
13. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(b) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) The Oscar Award.
(d) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
14. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
15. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) G. Gordon Liddy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
2. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
3. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
4. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
5. "Dealing with Pigs" was Thompson's reaction to what?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)