|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(c) Political strategist.
(d) News anchor.
2. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
3. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(a) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
(c) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
4. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Seattle Mariners.
(b) New England Patriots.
(c) New Orleans Saints.
(d) New York Giants.
5. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
6. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Ralph Nader's.
(b) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
(c) The Pope.
(d) President Reagan's.
7. Which team was playing the Boston Celtics in "Four More Games?"
(a) Seattle Mariners.
(b) Dallas Cowboys.
(c) New Jersey Nets.
(d) Houston Rockets.
8. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
9. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
10. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Jimmy Stewart.
(b) Jerry Falwell.
(c) Oral Roberts.
(d) Jim Baker.
11. Who did Thompson hope would send him to South Africa in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) The Examiner.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Chronicle.
(d) The Post.
12. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Tonton Macoute.
(c) The Tutsi.
(d) The CIA.
13. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Andrew Sweitzer.
(c) William Everett.
(d) William Rehnquist.
14. Thompson believed that who had a lesser chance of winning the election because he encouraged the Saudi Arabian government to raise oil prices?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) Michael Dukakis.
(d) Gary Hart.
15. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
2. What did Thompson's friend ask him to do, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
3. Where was Thompson traveling, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
4. In "Four More Games," what sport was Thompson betting on?
5. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)