|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
(a) Dr. Neil Frank.
(b) Dr. Michael Warren.
(c) Dr. James Frost.
(d) Dr. Stephen Paulson.
2. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
(c) Video games.
(d) Gun laws.
3. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
(a) CBS News.
(b) FOX News.
(c) NBC News.
(d) ABC News.
4. Thompson believed that who had a lesser chance of winning the election because he encouraged the Saudi Arabian government to raise oil prices?
(a) Michael Dukakis.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) Joe Biden.
5. Where was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) New York.
6. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
7. Where did Thompson fly to, in "Strictly Business?"
(b) San Francisco.
8. Who was the executive vice president at CNN in the book?
(a) Ned Turner.
(b) Steve Turner.
(c) Ed Turner.
(d) Ted Turner.
9. Who called Thompson in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(b) CBS News.
10. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(b) Elba Island.
(c) Vesco Island.
(d) Northern Ireland.
11. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
12. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) CBS News.
13. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
(a) St. Paul.
(c) Los Angeles.
14. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) A glacier.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) Great Salt Lake.
15. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) New York Giants.
(b) Dallas Cowboys.
(c) Seattle Mariners.
(d) Chicago Bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
2. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
3. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
4. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
5. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)