|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
2. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
3. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The book of Job.
(b) The Seattle Times.
(c) The book of Revelation.
(d) The New York Times.
4. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
(a) Marie Duvalier.
(b) Imelda Marcos.
(c) Annette Marcos.
(d) Annette DePaulo.
5. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Ralph Nader's.
(b) The Pope.
(c) President Reagan's.
(d) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
6. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Seattle Mariners.
(b) New Orleans Saints.
(c) New England Patriots.
(d) New York Giants.
7. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) Teri Fischer.
(b) Vanessa Williams.
(c) Farah Fawcett.
(d) Jennifer Lee.
8. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Northern Ireland.
(c) Vesco Island.
(d) Elba Island.
9. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) The Meese Report.
(b) A porn video.
(c) A contract.
(d) The Reagan Report.
10. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A gift shop.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A strip club.
11. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(a) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
(c) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
12. Who butchered an ox with Reagan's face on it, in "Ox Butchered in Tripoli?"
13. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Ralph Welch.
(c) John Parker.
(d) Jack Parker.
14. What was Thompson's girlfriend getting a tattoo of in "Saturday Night in the City"?
15. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) A trout.
(b) A whale.
(c) A lead on Nixon.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
2. In "Four More Games," what sport was Thompson betting on?
3. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
4. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
5. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)