|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
2. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
3. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(c) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
(d) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
4. "The Pro-Flogging View" was a response to a letter from whom?
(a) James Kirkpatrick.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) Sarah Stephens.
(d) Ed Meese.
5. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
(a) New York.
6. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) A glacier.
(b) Great Salt Lake.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
7. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The Oscar Award.
(b) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(c) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(d) The Nobel Peace Prize.
8. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
(a) Imelda Marcos.
(b) Annette Marcos.
(c) Annette DePaulo.
(d) Marie Duvalier.
9. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Northern Ireland.
(b) Vesco Island.
(c) Elba Island.
10. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
(a) Seattle, WA.
(b) Woody Creek, CO.
(c) Denver, CO.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
11. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
(a) Dr. James Frost.
(b) Dr. Michael Warren.
(c) Dr. Stephen Paulson.
(d) Dr. Neil Frank.
12. Who butchered an ox with Reagan's face on it, in "Ox Butchered in Tripoli?"
13. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
14. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(a) Northern California.
(c) Martha's Vineyard.
15. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) With a bayonette.
(b) With a hook.
(c) With a net.
(d) With a shotgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
2. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
3. Who came to visit Thompson in "They All Drowned?"
4. Where was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
5. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)