|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
(a) FOX News.
(b) ABC News.
(c) CBS News.
(d) NBC News.
2. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
3. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(b) Ferdinand Marcos.
(c) Andre Ferdinando.
(d) Tonton Macoute.
4. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Andrew Walker.
(b) Herschel Walker.
(c) Norman Waler.
(d) Jason Anderson.
5. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
6. Thompson claimed, in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat," that the most successful dog fighters make up to how much money in a night?
7. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
(a) George Bush's.
(b) Michael Moore's.
(c) Ronald Reagan's.
(d) Ed Meese's.
8. Where was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(c) New York.
9. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Rather.
(b) Dan Roberts.
(c) Wolf Blitzer.
(d) Dan Hinkle.
10. In "Lester Maddox Lives," the Supreme Court refused to overturn which anti-sodomy law?
11. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) Frank Zappa.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) George Bush.
12. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
(a) Dr. Stephen Paulson.
(b) Dr. Neil Frank.
(c) Dr. James Frost.
(d) Dr. Michael Warren.
13. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
14. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
(a) New York.
(b) North Carolina.
(d) San Francisco.
15. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
2. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
3. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
4. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
5. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)