|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(a) Political strategist.
(c) News anchor.
2. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
(a) Annette DePaulo.
(b) Annette Marcos.
(c) Marie Duvalier.
(d) Imelda Marcos.
3. Where did Thompson fly to, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) San Francisco.
4. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Chicago Bears.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) Dallas Cowboys.
(d) Seattle Mariners.
5. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Patrick Buchanan.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
6. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Jerry Falwell.
(b) Oral Roberts.
(c) Jimmy Stewart.
(d) Jim Baker.
7. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
8. Who called Thompson in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(b) CBS News.
9. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(a) Ralph Steadman.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) CBS News.
10. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Jack Parker.
(c) Ralph Welch.
(d) John Parker.
11. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
(a) Erotic Film Awards.
(b) Tony Awards.
(c) Oscar Awards.
(d) Emmy Awards.
12. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) An off-duty police officer.
(b) A drug officer.
(c) An off-duty detective.
(d) An off-duty pilot.
13. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Ralph Steadman.
(d) G. Gordon Liddy.
14. How much was the stranger selling the bike for, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
15. What time did Thompson receive a phone call in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
2. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
3. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
4. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
5. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)