|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Andrew Walker.
(b) Herschel Walker.
(c) Norman Waler.
(d) Jason Anderson.
2. Who was the executive vice president at CNN in the book?
(a) Ed Turner.
(b) Ted Turner.
(c) Steve Turner.
(d) Ned Turner.
3. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) In Oregon.
(b) North of San Francisco.
(c) East of San Francisco.
(d) In Los Angeles.
4. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
(a) Frank Mankiewicz.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(d) Sarah Stephens.
5. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(a) Crazy Mean Brian.
(d) Crazy Bob.
6. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Jerry Falwell.
(b) Jim Baker.
(c) Jimmy Stewart.
(d) Oral Roberts.
7. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
(a) St. Paul.
(c) Los Angeles.
8. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(a) Testing their health.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Watching movies.
9. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Frank Zappa.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) George Bush.
10. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) A glacier.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) Great Salt Lake.
11. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
12. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(c) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
(d) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
13. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The book of Revelation.
(c) The Seattle Times.
(d) The book of Job.
14. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) A whale.
(b) A trout.
(c) A lead on Nixon.
(d) A fox.
15. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) Teri Fischer.
(b) Farah Fawcett.
(c) Jennifer Lee.
(d) Vanessa Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson tell the swingers would put them in jail, in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
2. Who came to visit Thompson in "They All Drowned?"
3. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
4. What was the name of Thompson's girlfriend?
5. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)