|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who butchered an ox with Reagan's face on it, in "Ox Butchered in Tripoli?"
2. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(a) Testing their health.
(b) Eating dinner.
(d) Watching movies.
3. What was Thompson's heart rate in "A Generation of Swine?"
4. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) A porn video.
(b) A contract.
(c) The Reagan Report.
(d) The Meese Report.
5. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
6. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(b) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
(c) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
7. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(a) Meeting with Gorbachev.
(b) Foreign policy.
(c) War on drugs.
(d) Race relations.
8. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
9. Which team was playing the Boston Celtics in "Four More Games?"
(a) New Jersey Nets.
(b) Seattle Mariners.
(c) Dallas Cowboys.
(d) Houston Rockets.
10. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The Oscar Award.
(b) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(c) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(d) The Nobel Peace Prize.
11. What was the name of Thompson's girlfriend?
(a) Mary Lee.
(b) Andra Lee.
(c) Maria Khan.
(d) Sarah Khan.
12. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The Seattle Times.
(b) The book of Revelation.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The book of Job.
13. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) Frank Zappa.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) George Bush.
14. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
15. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
2. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
3. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
4. Thompson believed that who had a lesser chance of winning the election because he encouraged the Saudi Arabian government to raise oil prices?
5. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)