|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Thompson's girlfriend?
(a) Maria Khan.
(b) Sarah Khan.
(c) Mary Lee.
(d) Andra Lee.
2. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) New York Giants.
(b) Dallas Cowboys.
(c) Chicago Bears.
(d) Seattle Mariners.
3. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
(a) Seattle, WA.
(b) Denver, CO.
(c) Woody Creek, CO.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
4. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Herschel Walker.
(b) Andrew Walker.
(c) Jason Anderson.
(d) Norman Waler.
5. The man who sat next to Thompson on the plane in "Strictly Business" worked for what?
(b) Federal Bureau of Foreign Affairs.
(c) Federal Bureau of Prisons.
6. Who was the executive vice president at CNN in the book?
(a) Ed Turner.
(b) Steve Turner.
(c) Ted Turner.
(d) Ned Turner.
7. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) The Pope.
(b) Ralph Nader's.
(c) President Reagan's.
(d) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
8. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
(a) Dr. James Frost.
(b) Dr. Michael Warren.
(c) Dr. Neil Frank.
(d) Dr. Stephen Paulson.
9. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) East of San Francisco.
(c) North of San Francisco.
(d) In Oregon.
10. Thompson claimed, in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat," that the most successful dog fighters make up to how much money in a night?
11. What did Thompson's friend ask him to do, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) Hold a bag.
(b) Kill someone.
(c) Fly the plane.
(d) Arrest someone.
12. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
13. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Ralph Welch.
(b) John Parker.
(d) Jack Parker.
14. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
(b) Key West.
(c) New York.
15. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
(a) Northern California.
(c) Martha's Vineyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
2. "The Pro-Flogging View" was a response to a letter from whom?
3. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
4. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
5. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)