|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) In Oregon.
(b) East of San Francisco.
(c) In Los Angeles.
(d) North of San Francisco.
2. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Herschel Walker.
(b) Jason Anderson.
(c) Norman Waler.
(d) Andrew Walker.
3. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
4. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
(a) George Bush's.
(b) Michael Moore's.
(c) Ronald Reagan's.
(d) Ed Meese's.
5. What did Thompson demand the latest numbers on, in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) House races.
(b) Senate races.
(c) Presidential race.
(d) Gubernatorial races.
6. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
(c) New York.
(d) Key West.
7. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
(a) Ralph Steadman.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) G. Gordon Liddy.
(d) Ed Meese.
8. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Jim Baker.
(b) Jerry Falwell.
(c) Jimmy Stewart.
(d) Oral Roberts.
9. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
(a) President Reagan.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John Madden.
(d) James Adams.
10. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
(a) Jim Bakker.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Billy Graham.
(d) Gary Hart.
11. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
12. Who first went to look at the motorcycle for sale, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
(c) Crazy Bob.
13. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Tonton Macoute.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Tutsi.
14. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
(a) San Francisco, CA.
(b) Woody Creek, CO.
(c) Denver, CO.
(d) Seattle, WA.
15. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What event did Thompson attend, in "A Clean, Ill-Lighted Place?"
2. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
3. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
4. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
5. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)