|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
2. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The Seattle Times.
(b) The book of Revelation.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The book of Job.
3. What did Thompson demand the latest numbers on, in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) Presidential race.
(b) House races.
(c) Senate races.
(d) Gubernatorial races.
4. What time did Thompson receive a phone call in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
5. Thompson was critical of the government's spending on what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(c) Wall Street.
(d) Social reform.
6. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Roberts.
(b) Dan Rather.
(c) Wolf Blitzer.
(d) Dan Hinkle.
7. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) William Rehnquist.
(b) William Everett.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) Andrew Sweitzer.
8. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(b) News anchor.
(c) Political strategist.
9. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
(c) New York.
10. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) A trout.
(b) A lead on Nixon.
(c) A fox.
(d) A whale.
11. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) Great Salt Lake.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) A glacier.
12. Who butchered an ox with Reagan's face on it, in "Ox Butchered in Tripoli?"
13. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
(a) War on drugs.
(b) Race relations.
(c) Meeting with Gorbachev.
(d) Foreign policy.
14. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) New England Patriots.
(b) New Orleans Saints.
(c) Seattle Mariners.
(d) New York Giants.
15. Thompson claimed, in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat," that the most successful dog fighters make up to how much money in a night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ted Kennedy drive off a bridge?
2. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
3. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
4. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
5. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)