Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Pages 9-40
1. What did Thompson state in his author's note that he cited more than any other source? Why?
2. What took place in "Saturday Night in the City"? Who are the main figures in the story?
3. What was the consensus of statistics discussed between Thompson and the political strategist in "Showdown in the Pig Palace"?
4. What was Thompson doing in "Nixon and the Whale Woman"? Why?
5. Who is discussed in the article, "The Hellfire Club"? What comparison did Thompson make?
This section contains 845 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)