|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 284-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
(b) President Reagan's.
(c) Ralph Nader's.
(d) The Pope.
2. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(b) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(c) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(d) The Oscar Award.
3. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) With a net.
(b) With a shotgun.
(c) With a bayonette.
(d) With a hook.
4. In "The Time Has Come," Thompson discussed a poll that said the majority of voters would vote for who in November?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Michael Dukakis.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Gary Hart.
5. Who was the new White House Press Secretary in "New Blood on the Tracks?"
(a) James Carville.
(b) Marlin Fitzwater.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) Robert McFarlane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson bet against in the Chicago Bears game in "Meat Sickness?"
2. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
3. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
4. What did Thompson refer to as an evil but inescapable business in "Full-time Scrambling?"
5. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)