|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 284-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) Great Salt Lake.
(c) A glacier.
(d) The Mississippi River.
2. Who did Thompson discover was behind the breaking of the Gary Hart scandal in "The Time of the Geek?"
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Edward Walton.
(c) Joe Tydings.
(d) George Bush.
3. Who called Thompson in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(c) CBS News.
4. What National Security Adviser attempted suicide in "Gone with the Wind?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Robert McFarlane.
(c) Alexander Haig.
(d) James Carville.
5. Who did Thompson conclude was the obvious front runner in the primaries in "Off with Their Heads?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
2. "The Pro-Flogging View" was a response to a letter from whom?
3. "The Weak in the Weird" is an analysis of whose presidential campaign?
4. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
5. Where was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)