|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 284-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson believe clearly won the Democratic presidential nomination debate?
(a) Michael Dukakis.
(b) Paul Simon.
(c) Art Garfunkel.
(d) Joe Biden.
2. How many days did the dynamite-laden vehicle sit in Thompson's yard before a neighbor blew it up, in "Orgy of the Dead?"
(a) 4 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 days.
3. What did Thompson demand the latest numbers on, in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) Senate races.
(b) Gubernatorial races.
(c) House races.
(d) Presidential race.
4. In "Fat Men on Horseback," Thompson concluded that the main difference between Iran-Contra and Watergate was that Iran-Contra was what?
(a) Far more complex.
(b) Far less evil.
(c) Far more evil.
(d) Far more dangerous.
5. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The Seattle Times.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The book of Revelation.
(d) The book of Job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
2. "Dealing with Pigs" was Thompson's reaction to what?
3. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
4. Thompson believed who would be forced to retire, in "The Year of the Pig?"
5. Where did Thompson travel in "The Gonzo Salvage Co.?"
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)