|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 284-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wooing the Degenerate Vote," Thompson predicted that who would make a comeback and win the 1988 election?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) George Bush.
2. Where was Thompson traveling, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
(a) Waging war on Northern Ireland.
(b) Waging war on Iraq.
(c) Waging war on South Africa.
(d) Taking in Afrikaner refugees.
4. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind?"
(a) Carson Sink.
(b) Clanson Sink.
(c) Donhay Disaster.
5. Who did Thompson take to a psychic for legal advice, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
2. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
3. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
4. In "Caligula and the 7 Dwarfs," Thompson compared the implosion of Gary Hart's political career to what?
5. In "The Time Has Come," Thompson discussed a poll that said the majority of voters would vote for who in November?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)