|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 284-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
(a) The Seattle Times.
(b) The book of Revelation.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The book of Job.
2. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
(a) Waging war on Northern Ireland.
(b) Waging war on South Africa.
(c) Taking in Afrikaner refugees.
(d) Waging war on Iraq.
3. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Herschel Walker.
(b) Andrew Walker.
(c) Norman Waler.
(d) Jason Anderson.
4. Who was the Secretary of State that Thompson addresses in "Letter to the President?"
(a) James Baker.
(b) James Williams.
(c) James Kennedy.
(d) James Stewart.
5. Who was Richard Nixon's attorney during the Watergate scandal?
(a) Edward Walton.
(b) John Erlichman.
(c) Michael Enderson.
(d) Herbert Kalmbach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the new White House Press Secretary in "New Blood on the Tracks?"
2. In "Wooing the Degenerate Vote," Thompson predicted that who would make a comeback and win the 1988 election?
3. In "The Worm Turns," Thompson wrote that the Reagan Administration looked weak because of the cancellation of a summit with who?
4. Senator Warren Rudman was a senator from where?
5. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)