|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 284-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The End of an Era," Thompson laid most of the fault of Reagan's presidency at the feet of whom?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Richard Haynes.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
2. What was the chapter title "A Wild and Crazy Guy" in reference to?
(a) I Love Lucy.
(b) Saturday Night Live.
(c) A Beatles song.
(d) A John Denver song.
3. In "The End of an Era," Thompson asserted that all of the smart people had already done what?
(a) Left the Carter administration.
(b) Left the Bush administration.
(c) Killed themselves.
(d) Left Reagan's administration.
4. Who was the "plunderer" in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(b) Crazy Mean Brian.
(d) Crazy Bob.
5. In "Cowboys at Sea," Thompson related the testimony in court to an attack of an oil tanker where?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Weak in the Weird" is an analysis of whose presidential campaign?
2. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
3. What did Thompson assert had been dysfunctional for many years, in "Dance of the Seven Dwarfs?"
4. Who came to visit Thompson in "They All Drowned?"
5. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)