|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 284-313.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) William Everett.
(c) William Rehnquist.
(d) Andrew Sweitzer.
2. Who called Thompson in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(c) CBS News.
3. Who ran against Nixon in the 46th presidential election?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Hubert Humphrey.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
4. In "Lester Maddox Lives," Thompson was horrified that an openly _____ governor was still a respected political figure.
5. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
(a) Jennifer Lee.
(b) Vanessa Williams.
(c) Farah Fawcett.
(d) Teri Fischer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the executive vice president at CNN in the book?
2. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
3. The weapons supplied to the Iranian regime killed hundreds of marines where?
4. Who was the Secretary of State that Thompson addresses in "Letter to the President?"
5. What time did Thompson receive a phone call in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)