|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did a leak say was not really in the hospital, in "The Gizzard of Darkness?"
(a) Andrew Casey.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) William Casey.
(d) William Johnson.
2. Who was the head of the CIA during the time the book was written?
(a) Wiliam Meese.
(b) Andrew Casey.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) William Casey.
3. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
(a) It is dead in the water.
(b) It is rejected.
(c) It is overruled.
(d) It is enacted.
4. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
(b) New York.
5. In "The Scum of the Earth," Thompson detailed a feud between Jerry Falwell, Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson and who?
(a) James Williams.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Oral Roberts,
(d) Kieth Baker.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
2. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
3. Who came to visit Thompson in "They All Drowned?"
4. Where was Thompson at the beginning of "Strictly Business?"
5. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)