|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Vesco Island.
(b) Elba Island.
(d) Northern Ireland.
2. What National Security Adviser attempted suicide in "Gone with the Wind?"
(a) Robert McFarlane.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) Alexander Haig.
(d) James Carville.
3. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Hinkle.
(b) Wolf Blitzer.
(c) Dan Roberts.
(d) Dan Rather.
4. Who called Thompson in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(a) CBS News.
5. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(a) CBS News.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Garden of Agony," Thompson analyzed the role of what in politics?
2. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
3. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
4. Who was Nixon's Chief of Domestic Affairs?
5. Whose presidential campaign was caught up in a fund-raising scandal, in "The Loved Ones?"
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)