|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
(a) Al Gore.
(b) Alexander Haig.
(c) Bob Dole.
(d) Glen Beck.
2. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
(a) Watergate scandal.
(b) Gary Hart scandal.
(c) Chirnobyl disaster.
(d) Iran-Contra scandal.
3. Who came to visit Thompson in "They All Drowned?"
(a) Frank Mankiewicz.
(d) Ralph Steadman.
4. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
(a) Iran-Contra scandal.
(b) The Cold War.
(d) War in Iraq.
5. Who called Thompson in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(b) CBS News.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
2. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
3. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
4. Who celebrated wildly after the Gary Hart scandal, according to Thompson, in "A Wild and Crazy Guy?"
5. Who did Thompson discover was behind the breaking of the Gary Hart scandal in "The Time of the Geek?"
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)