|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
(b) Iran-Contra scandal.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) War in Iraq.
2. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(a) Ted Kennedy.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Patrick Buchanan.
(d) Geoge Bush.
3. Where was Thompson traveling, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Carlo Rozzini.
(b) Yassir Arafat.
(c) Eugene Hasenfus.
(d) Vladimir Putin.
5. Thompson believed who would be forced to retire, in "The Year of the Pig?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Henry Kissinger.
(d) Herbert Huncke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
2. Who butchered an ox with Reagan's face on it, in "Ox Butchered in Tripoli?"
3. What was the name of Thompson's girlfriend?
4. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
5. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)