|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
2. What did Thompson and his friend do after the Super Bowl, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
(a) Play golf.
(b) Arm wrestle.
(c) Play pool.
(d) Play music.
3. In "The Loved Ones," who was considered for a furlough that was ultimately denied because of a public outcry?
(a) John Hinckley.
(b) Mark David Chapman.
(c) Ted Kazinski.
(d) Jesse James.
4. What movie did Thompson attend in "A Generation of Swine?"
(a) Rocky VI.
(b) Rocky IV.
(c) Rocky II.
5. Who was the only person Thompson saw who could have benefited from the Iran-Contra scandal?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Ed Meese.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Oliver North.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new Dallas Cowboys' quarterback did Thompson bet on, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
2. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
3. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind?"
4. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
5. What did Thompson kill, in "A Death in the Family?"
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)