|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Oral Roberts.
(b) Jim Baker.
(c) Jerry Falwell.
(d) Jimmy Stewart.
2. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) Ted Kennedy.
(c) Geoge Bush.
(d) Patrick Buchanan.
3. Who was being sworn in as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, in "Strictly Business?"
(a) Andrew Sweitzer.
(b) William Rehnquist.
(c) William Everett.
(d) Ed Meese.
4. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
5. Where did Thompson fly to, in "Strictly Business?"
(c) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
2. What was the name of Thompson's girlfriend?
3. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
4. What made Thompson particularly angry with the school system, in "Expelled from the System?"
5. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)