|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Thompson, in "White Trash with Money?"
(a) Jack Parker.
(c) Ralph Wixom.
2. The Gary Hart scandal distracted the press from what?
(a) Iran-Contra scandal.
(b) War in Iraq.
(c) The Cold War.
3. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
4. Thompson believed who would be forced to retire, in "The Year of the Pig?"
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Henry Kissinger.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Herbert Huncke.
5. What did Thompson demand the latest numbers on, in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) Gubernatorial races.
(b) Senate races.
(c) House races.
(d) Presidential race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the executive vice president at CNN in the book?
2. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
3. Who did Thompson write was frequently quoting Bible verses, in "The Lake of Fire?"
4. Who was divorcing his wife, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
5. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)