|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thompson believed who would be forced to retire, in "The Year of the Pig?"
(a) Henry Kissinger.
(b) Herbert Huncke.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
2. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Frank Zappa.
(d) Richard Nixon.
3. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
(b) Vesco Island.
(c) Elba Island.
(d) Northern Ireland.
4. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(c) Political strategist.
(d) News anchor.
5. After looking at the statistics in "A Wild and Crazy Guy," Thompson concluded that the Republicans would hold the White House for how long?
(a) 4 years.
(b) A generation.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 8 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson write was frequently quoting Bible verses, in "The Lake of Fire?"
2. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
3. Where was Thompson in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
4. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
5. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)