|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Secretary of State who was running for President in 1988?
(a) Bob Dole.
(b) Al Gore.
(c) Glen Beck.
(d) Alexander Haig.
2. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) A glacier.
(c) Great Salt Lake.
(d) The Mississippi River.
3. Thompson believed who would be forced to retire, in "The Year of the Pig?"
(a) Henry Kissinger.
(b) Herbert Huncke.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Ed Meese.
4. In "Ronald Reagan is Doomed," Thompson wrote that people were already fleeing the Reagan Administration because of what?
(a) Watergate scandal.
(b) Iran-Contra scandal.
(c) Gary Hart scandal.
(d) Chirnobyl disaster.
5. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) Patrick Buchanan.
(c) Geoge Bush.
(d) Ted Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
2. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
3. Who found Thompson, in "Trapped in Harding Park?"
4. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
5. Whose presidential campaign was caught up in a fund-raising scandal, in "The Loved Ones?"
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)