|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
(a) Seattle, WA.
(b) Woody Creek, CO.
(c) Denver, CO.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
2. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
(d) New York.
3. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Oral Roberts.
(b) Jim Baker.
(c) Jerry Falwell.
(d) Jimmy Stewart.
4. Who came to visit Thompson in "They All Drowned?"
(a) Frank Mankiewicz.
(c) Ralph Steadman.
5. "Crazy Patrick and Big Al" refered to Patrick Buchanan and who?
(a) Alex Beck.
(b) Al Gore.
(c) Alexander Haig.
(d) Alexander Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
2. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
3. Thompson believed that who had a lesser chance of winning the election because he encouraged the Saudi Arabian government to raise oil prices?
4. Who was the head of the CIA during the time the book was written?
5. Whose presidential campaign was caught up in a fund-raising scandal, in "The Loved Ones?"
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)