|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 224-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Haitian dictator had fallen, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
(a) Doc Dontiole.
(b) Pierre Beaudrioux.
(c) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(d) Baby Dontiole.
2. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
3. Thompson believed that the Iran-Contra scandal would make what look like nothing in comparison, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
4. Who approached Thompson, in "Slow Day at the Airport?"
(a) An off-duty pilot.
(b) An off-duty detective.
(c) An off-duty police officer.
(d) A drug officer.
5. Who did Thompson conclude was the obvious front runner in the primaries in "Off with Their Heads?"
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) Michael Dukakis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie did Thompson attend in "A Generation of Swine?"
2. What happened to Reagan's veto on sanctions in South Africa, in "Loose Cannon on the Deck?"
3. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
4. "Back to the Ormsby House" was Thompson's short take on the 1986 ______ elections.
5. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)