|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 194-223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
2. "The Pro-Flogging View" was a response to a letter from whom?
(a) Ed Meese.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) James Kirkpatrick.
(d) Sarah Stephens.
3. Thompson claimed, in "Let the Cheap Dogs Eat," that the most successful dog fighters make up to how much money in a night?
4. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(b) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(c) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(d) The Oscar Award.
5. What did Thompson kill, in "A Death in the Family?"
(a) A deer.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A goose.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the new White House Press Secretary in "New Blood on the Tracks?"
2. What concert did Thompson watch on "Memo from the War Room?"
3. Who saw the scandals as a witch hunt against Ronald Reagan, in "God Bless Colonel North?"
4. Thompson wrote that no press secretary had truly been good since either Pierre Salinger under Kennedy or who at the beginning of Reagan's first term?
5. Who won the 1987 Super Bowl?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)