|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 194-223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
(a) Frank Mankiewicz.
(b) Sarah Stephens.
(d) Ralph Steadman.
2. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) A glacier.
(d) Great Salt Lake.
3. Who was the executive vice president at CNN in the book?
(a) Ed Turner.
(b) Ned Turner.
(c) Ted Turner.
(d) Steve Turner.
4. What mercenary was caught in Nicaragua, in "Let the Good Times Roll?"
(a) Yassir Arafat.
(b) Vladimir Putin.
(c) Eugene Hasenfus.
(d) Carlo Rozzini.
5. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Chicago Bears.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) Seattle Mariners.
(d) Dallas Cowboys.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The South African Problem," Thompson suggested that Reagan was planning on doing what?
2. Where was Thompson trying to go in "Last Train from Chicago?"
3. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
4. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
5. What did Thompson compare the Iran-Contra scandal to, in "Gone with the Wind?"
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)