|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 134-162.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) Great Salt Lake.
(c) A glacier.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
2. Who won the Superbowl in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) Chicago Bears.
(b) Seattle Mariners.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) Dallas Cowboys.
3. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
(b) Testing their health.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Watching movies.
4. What porn actress was revealed to have been underage while making her first films, in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
(a) Traci Lords.
(b) Jenna Jameson.
(c) Alice Walters.
(d) Debbie Khan.
5. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The Oscar Award.
(b) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(c) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(d) The Nobel Peace Prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
2. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
3. Thompson criticized Reagan's what, in "Welcome to the Tunnel?"
4. What Superbowl was it, in "Meat Sickness?"
5. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)