|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 134-162.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
(a) John Madden.
(b) James Adams.
(c) President Reagan.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
(a) The "Journalist Abroad" program.
(b) The "Journalist in Space" program.
(c) The Oscar Award.
(d) The Nobel Peace Prize.
3. Who did Thompson call in "The Woman from Kiev?"
(a) Ralph Steadman.
(b) Sarah Stephens.
(c) Frank Mankiewicz.
4. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
5. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) A trout.
(b) A whale.
(c) A lead on Nixon.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson hope would go to South Africa with him, in "The Worst People in the World?"
2. At what university was Thompson going to lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
3. Where did Thompson live during the writing of Generation of Swine?
4. What did Thompson receive in "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll?"
5. "Dealing with Pigs" was Thompson's reaction to what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)