|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 134-162.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Rise of the TV Preachers," Thompson argued that Pat Robertson would run for President because he was lured by the power that who seemed to wield with the White House?
(a) Oral Roberts.
(b) Jim Baker.
(c) Jerry Falwell.
(d) Jimmy Stewart.
2. What did Thompson demand the latest numbers on, in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) House races.
(b) Gubernatorial races.
(c) Presidential race.
(d) Senate races.
3. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(b) Political strategist.
(d) News anchor.
4. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) A trout.
(b) A fox.
(c) A whale.
(d) A lead on Nixon.
5. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Andre Ferdinando.
(b) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos.
(d) Tonton Macoute.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
2. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
3. Who killed all of Skinner's contacts in "Four Million Thugs?"
4. "They Called Him Deep Throat" was split between a discussion of televangelist Pat Robertson and what Watergate conspirator?
5. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)