|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 134-162.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(b) CBS News.
(c) Ralph Steadman.
(d) Richard Nixon.
2. What was the name of the Filipino president discussed in "Memo from the War Room?"
(a) Tonton Macoute.
(b) Andre Ferdinando.
(c) Ferdinand Marcos.
(d) Baby Doc Duvalier.
3. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Roberts.
(b) Dan Rather.
(c) Wolf Blitzer.
(d) Dan Hinkle.
4. Who did Thompson make a bet with, in "Midnight in the Desert?"
(a) Jack Parker.
(c) John Parker.
(d) Ralph Welch.
5. In "Lester Maddox Lives," the Supreme Court refused to overturn which anti-sodomy law?
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Thompson say he has used more lines from than any other work?
2. Who first went to look at the motorcycle for sale, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
3. Thompson argues that for years the Chinese government had tried to eliminate what but failed, in "Down to a Sunless Sea?"
4. Who did Thompson tell the swingers would put them in jail, in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
5. What did Thompson demand the latest numbers on, in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)