|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dealing with Pigs," Thompson doubted there was a connection between violence and what?
(c) Video games.
(d) Gun laws.
2. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(b) News anchor.
(d) Political strategist.
3. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
(a) Dan Rather.
(b) Dan Hinkle.
(c) Dan Roberts.
(d) Wolf Blitzer.
4. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
5. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) George Bush.
(b) Gary Hart.
(c) Frank Zappa.
(d) Richard Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
2. Where did Thompson wish the Filipino president would be sent, in "Memo from the War Room?"
3. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
4. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
5. In "The Worst People in the World," Thompson claimed to be applying for what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)