|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
(a) John Madden.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) President Reagan.
(d) James Adams.
2. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) A strip club.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A gift shop.
(d) A restaurant.
3. In "The Doctor Will See You Now," Thompson received a letter from whom?
(a) Ralph Steadman.
(b) CBS News.
(d) Richard Nixon.
4. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) A whale.
(b) A fox.
(c) A trout.
(d) A lead on Nixon.
5. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(a) News anchor.
(c) Political strategist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Thompson discover was withdrawing from the race in "Apres Moi, le Deluge?"
2. Who was trying to interview Thompson in "Bad Nerves in Fat City" when the interview was disrupted by an angry woman pounding on the hotel room door?
3. When did Thompson plan on going to Haiti, in "Kill Them Before They Eat?"
4. Who did Thompson say was gored by a buffalo in "Buffalo Gores a Visitor?"
5. Where did "Saturday Night in the City" take place?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)