|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Last Train from Chicago," Thompson met a man who claimed to be friends with whom?
(a) President Reagan.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) James Adams.
(d) John Madden.
2. Thompson believed that who had a lesser chance of winning the election because he encouraged the Saudi Arabian government to raise oil prices?
(a) Gary Hart.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Michael Dukakis.
(d) Joe Biden.
3. What was Thompson following in "Nixon and the Whale Woman?"
(a) A whale.
(b) A fox.
(c) A trout.
(d) A lead on Nixon.
4. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
(c) Crazy Bob.
5. What did Thompson demand the latest numbers on, in "Showdown in the Pig Palace?"
(a) Presidential race.
(b) House races.
(c) Gubernatorial races.
(d) Senate races.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thompson's friend catch trout, in "They All Drowned?"
2. What major news network tried to interview Thompson but was turned away in "Bad Nerves in Fat City?"
3. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
4. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
5. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)