|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) A glacier.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) Great Salt Lake.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
2. Who told Thompson he would have to buy a de-scrambler to watch most channels on his television in "Full-time Scrambling?"
3. Based on whose seeming advice did Thompson place his bet in "Meat Sickness?"
(a) The Pope.
(b) Ralph Nader's.
(c) Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
(d) President Reagan's.
4. Who did Thompson say would be elected in 1988, at his lecture in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Frank Zappa.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) George Bush.
5. "The Pro-Flogging View" was a response to a letter from whom?
(a) James Kirkpatrick.
(b) Ralph Steadman.
(c) Ed Meese.
(d) Sarah Stephens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thompson go with Doug and Terrence in "The Beast with Three Backs?"
2. What National Hurricane Center director did Thompson attack in "Revenge of the Fish Heads?"
3. In "Deported to Malaysia," Thompson received a call from his attorney, who was attempting to save a ____ man from killing himself at a bar near the golf course.
4. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
5. "A Generation of Swine" begins with Thompson describing people's obsessions with doing what at home?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)