|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The friend who called Thompson in "Showdown in the Pig Palace" was what profession?
(a) News anchor.
(b) Political strategist.
2. Which politician was caught having extramarital affairs in the 1988 election?
(a) Patrick Buchanan.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Gary Hart.
(d) Ed Meese.
3. "The Hellfire Club" discussed the sexual scandals of the televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and who else?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Billy Graham.
(c) Jim Bakker.
(d) Gary Hart.
4. Whose report linked pornography to violence, in "Four More Games?"
(a) George Bush's.
(b) Ed Meese's.
(c) Ronald Reagan's.
(d) Michael Moore's.
5. What did Thompson write would eventually cover all of Utah, in "They All Drowned?"
(a) A glacier.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) Great Salt Lake.
(d) The Mississippi River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boca Chica was the most popular bar where?
2. Who first went to look at the motorcycle for sale, in "Last Dance in Dumb Town?"
3. What was the Captain's name in "Salvage is Not Looting?"
4. What did Thompson write are always available in hotel rooms, in his Introduction?
5. What dictator's wife was known for her immense shoe collection?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)